Memorial Section Please visit here to pay your respects to those forum members no longer with us.

Rip Riski..

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What the ****. Wow thats horrible. I was just replying to a comment on my youtube page that he left 2 days ago. Man thats messed up.. It's also a shame that the R didn't save him, these cars have a lot of metal on the front

Last edited by 08Z06; 01-29-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Woke up this morning and decided to check the forum on my android and I saw this thread. I was really hoping it was just a title in poor taste. Riski was one of the members whos posts I most looked forward to reading. The guys enthusiam and need for speed brought me back to when I first started driving. I'm 29, and my right foot is still pretty heavy from time to time but Riski seemed like the type who lived in the fast lane and who's palms never got sweaty no matter what the odometer read. I admired that spirit in him and I'm hurt by this loss.

If anyone knows the details of the accident please post them. I will miss him.

RIP. My condolences to the the entire Paliokaitis family, friends, and acquaintances.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18,257 Likes on 7,372 Posts

This news is really sad to see and we wish our Lord give his family the strength at this time to help them thru this. It's times such as this that we all must tell our loved ones that we love and cherish them.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awful. His posts were a big part of what drew me to this site, and to the idea of getting more out of my STR. It won't be the same without him.

RIP Riski

Old 01-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Shockingly sad. What a tragedy.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,212 Likes on 1,752 Posts

So sad!!! A great contributor to our Jaguar forum.

But the "R" could not save him. Read the article and weep! He was ejected from the car. He was NOT wearing a seat belt!!!

Please, Please wear your seat belt! He might have survived if he was belted in??

Old 01-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R.i.p

Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM
VMV
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

wow, what a tragedy. I never had the privilege of meeting him or conversing with him directly but I always enjoyed his knowledge, enthusiasm and humor. I will pray for him, his grieving family and many friends and the other victims of this terrible event.
If we are to learn anything from this sad event I would submit that none of us ever knows what tomorrow will bring. A single lapse in concentration or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time can have dire consequences. We must always be vigilant in protecting ourselves and our loved ones. We must also cherish and appreciate our family , friends and experiences as everything in this mortal world has a beginning and an end. Riski, thank you for touching my life and bringing many a smile to my face. We will miss you , until God willing, we meet again.
Thanks to you, the members of this forums for being my friends and members of my extended family. I share your pain.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM

A lot of comments were posted on this page below. Some are not very good but one person claims to have been following them both.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...9795/comments/

While the driver of the Jaguar may have been a "nice" guy, he is completely at fault and his poor judgement caused the death of himself and another person. And YES, I can pass judgement because I was there. He was drag racing with the Suburu for several miles before the crash occured. The man in the Suburu deserves to be charged because he was definitely part of the reason that two people are dead. I can't explain what it was like to get out of my car and run to the scene of the accident... The Hyundai was completely in flames and the woman's body was still in the drivers seat. The driver of the Jaguar was on the side of the road and I could not get a pulse on him. It was terrible, and all because two guys wanted to have a pissing contest and see who had the faster car. Ignorant. Stupid. Selfish. and Deadly.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  19.3 KB

No matter what is printed, I was not there and do not know who was to blame for the accident.

All I know for sure is one of our regular and well liked and respected forum members has lost his life. He will be sadly missed by all.

R.I.P Riski

The following users liked this post:
VMV (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Z06
A lot of comments were posted on this page below. Some are not very good but one person claims to have been following them both.

While the driver of the Jaguar may have been a "nice" guy, he is completely at fault and his poor judgement caused the death of himself and another person. And YES, I can pass judgement because I was there. He was drag racing with the Suburu for several miles before the crash occured. The man in the Suburu deserves to be charged because he was definitely part of the reason that two people are dead. I can't explain what it was like to get out of my car and run to the scene of the accident... The Hyundai was completely in flames and the woman's body was still in the drivers seat. The driver of the Jaguar was on the side of the road and I could not get a pulse on him. It was terrible, and all because two guys wanted to have a pissing contest and see who had the faster car. Ignorant. Stupid. Selfish. and Deadly.
Whatever the situation may have been, at this point it doesn't matter. I had a similar situation with a friend of mine and fellow marine here locally that slammed a procharged mustang convertible into a parked dodge ram and lost his life.

It made me sick to my stomach the comments the people were leaving on the newspaper article. I don't care if Joe was racing, or whatever. The fact that people had the audacity to say that he deserved his fate is just disgusting.

Take care,

George

Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Wonder if there's a drag strip in heaven....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6IVxRcKi4Q

R.I.P. Riski

Old 01-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Whatever the situation may have been, at this point it doesn't matter. I had a similar situation with a friend of mine and fellow marine here locally that slammed a procharged mustang convertible into a parked dodge ram and lost his life.

It made me sick to my stomach the comments the people were leaving on the newspaper article. I don't care if Joe was racing, or whatever. The fact that people had the audacity to say that he deserved his fate is just disgusting.

Take care,

George

I am also nauseous by some of these peoples comments and comments on other articles I have seen. Ignorance is an infectious disease.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I am truly going to miss his nicey nice statements.

He made me smile and had good ideas.

I vented my anger and frustration elsewhere so I won`t do it here.

A good guy who will be missed.

I am truly pissed off that someone I liked and respected is gone.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Just found out now by reading the post. I'm shocked literally..... like many others have already said R.I.P Riski and my sincere condolences to his family and the rest who have died in this tragedy. I think everyone should learn a lesson or two about the dangers of speeding and not wearing their seat-belts. Time again and again we are reminded of innocent people who lost their lives due to road rage, need for speed, and of course not wearing seat belts. I truly believe Riski is looking down upon on us and sending us a message in that we should be grateful to be alive and cherish it everyday by playing it safe.
God Bless and be safe everyone.

Update:"No hit and Run involved"
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/701289795/

Last edited by jag79; 01-29-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 08Z06

So many people on the net spout ****. He was there? Sure he was. I want proof. **** off loser.

Joe was a good guy who didn`t deserve to die.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I was deeply saddened by the news today of Riski's accident. It's funny how someone you've never met can cause these type of emotions. My condolences go out to his family and friends. It's going to be a tough go for them as they deal with their loss. And for those of you still with us I just wanted to send out my heartfelt thanks for your friendship and comradery here on the forum. Since I joined the site way back when, I've truly enjoyed everyone's insight and assistance as I continue to enjoy my Jag.

RIP Riski. You'll certainly be missed by all.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed.

The following users liked this post:
Spitfire (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Joe "Riski" and the lady in the opposing car are gone. Still hard to believe...surreal. This'll both stupidify us for a while and teach us a lesson or two.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:34 PM

x2 ^. It could be any of us next, so enjoy driving our nice cars and living life to the fullest while we all can. It also makes me think back to the times where I drive really fast. I accept the risk of dying when i do it, but never expect it. I bet he sure as hell did not expect that. I sometimes forgot to wear my belt when in a rush, but it's hard to do in the S-Type. That thing will keep dinging and dinging relentless. I bet he was wearing it, maybe the belt just failed to its job.

I didn't mean to start anything with posting that link, it just pissed me off. The site wouldn't let me register and make a comment either which drove me up the wall..

RIP BROTHA.

Last edited by 08Z06; 01-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Rip Riski..