New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hey there; and, how you be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile Hey there; and, how you be?

New to scene.

Read a local classified for 1995 XJ6 and this joint looks to be an excellent resource for doing homework on model before viewing.

I prefer the older girls with little to no computer sensors/controls, OBD I to OBD II. Have had fun with drive, repair and maintenance of 68 Skylark 350, 70 Riviera 455(bored.30), 88 IROCZ(305TPI), 93 240 Wagon (500K on its original drivetrain raising four, Harry Chapin's charity drives it for food pantry now) 96 328 (burnt to ground) and 88 Brougham D'Elegance, 90 Supra(targa top), and 06 GTO which are still in stable.

Have used the search feature here and have a certain comfort level for the year and model. There's a local "Jag" specialty independent which is why I am ready to plunge. I reckon anything I mess up can be fixed by them based upon the years and models I see them working on.

Happy Labor Day to all, look forward to hanging with you all down da road.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Received 4,175 Likes on 3,638 Posts

<p>Welcome to the forum.&nbsp; As you've been searching through the XJ section - be sure to check out the first few threads with how to's and DIY support galore.</p><p>For local events/news, check out the US North East regional section</p><p>USA North East - ME NH VT MA RI CT NJ NY PA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum</p><p>Lastly recommend adding a signature to your profile by clicking the User CP link in the upper left - include model and year to ensure best responses to your questions</p><p>Enjoy!</p>

Old 09-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Received 6,242 Likes on 5,443 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums JimMLINY,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 09-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Received 3,803 Likes on 2,783 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,931 Likes on 5,283 Posts

Hello, Jim,
To say I'm intrigued by your list of Classic Performance vehicles is a Gross Understatement! I'll bet the vibrations on your block have always been nothing short of Astounding! One who has wrenched on that variety of classic iron only needs a Jaguar for a challenge.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 09-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

Welcome Jim! And a happy labor day weekend to you as well!

Old 09-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 09-06-2015, 02:49 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Welcome to the forum JimMLINY,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

It looks like you've already found your way to the X300 tech forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

I hope the '95 checks out OK and you are soon the owner.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 09-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:13 AM

JimC64, many thanks for the upgrade, it is much appreciated as I inspected the vehicle this morning and will have an inspection company I use confirm what I suspect, it is a "buy"!

Small indentation in passenger front 1/4 that should be simple fix.
Passenger mirror trim cap that covers three screws.
Leather steering wheel and driver seat bolster section 105K worn, not torn.
Some small oil buildup under engine cover and on bottom of engine bay, not much. Oil cap and fill area was pristine underneath.
All fluids looked fresh.
All electronics worked.
Sunroof channels looked like it had never been opened.
No road rash on chrome rims.
AIRBAG fault on odometer at startup which went away when ODO hit with no MIL light on subsequently.
Inside all four door jambs looked brand new.
Bonnet and boot opened just fine and stayed open.
Boot was a mess but literature was intact

New battery, brakes and tires

Rode smooth with no noise at all from engine or four corners.

Gold tone with light tan interior. Will have to search for proper nomenclature of color codes.

I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Look forward to contributing.

This is the best resource on web I have found, good work, gang!
The downloads are fantastic.
Quick guide got me up to snuff just fine. Had to show the owner how to open sunroof.

Left $100 nonrefundable deposit on asking price subject to negotiation upon completion of inspection report. Owner is heading to Sicily, leaving car up street at local shop for my guy to inspect while he is away.

Thanks again all for the warm welcome.

Have a great day in your cat!

Old 09-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

Your list sounds doable, good luck!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by H20boy
Your list sounds doable, good luck!

Most definately, which is why I am not scared off.

Spoke to inspection company today and in an ironic fate good kind of way, the inspector had an English accent and had purchased his first Jaguar back in 80s in the same village I live in from seniors. I think some good karma is in the works.

VIN decoder made it more interesting - engine is an A16 4.0

Only bugger is owner's lack of service records to see exactly what is in store for a 105K vehicle in preventive maintenance way. Inspector seems to think he can get them if done at dealership. Inspector indicated parts for this model are readily available in aftermarket and OEM can be had still. Plenty of boneyards nearby to grab stuff from, too.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 789 Posts

Welcome. And Good Luck. Can you "hear it calling you?" That's how I get mine....

Old 09-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Unhappy Bummer, might take a chance anyway for $2K 1/2 of asking.

"I have to tell you that I don't like this car. With the exception of the damage to the left rear corner, there were no signs of major accidents or rust noted. The main problem I have is just the overall cosmetic condition and evidence of differed maintenance. The car just does not look cared for and that is not something you want to see on any car much less a Jaguar. There is a deep scratch in the trunk lid which along with the rear bumper will need bodywork to fix. Some of the others scrathes and cosmetic issues could likely be resolved with a high-end top-to-bottom professional detailing. The drivers seat is dried out and cracked.We saw nothing in the way of service and maintenance records. Understanding how the XJ6 has been maintained is crucial in minimizing your risk of owning it. Without it you have no way of knowing what and when maintenance was last performed and (more importantly) when you will likely have to put more money into it to keep it in good running condition. It's the service and maintence expense that will make the difference between this being a good deal or not. We ran a vehicle history check for you (See below) and were pleased to see that it spent the 30k miles of its life in Florida. Unfortunately the other 75k was racked up in New York. There is nothing to show this car has EVER been in a dealership for service work. Ask the seller if they have any service receipts as well as asking the service department at your local Jaguar dealer to run the VIN for outstanding recalls and service records.We checked the warning lights on the dash and they all went out once the engine was running, suggesting that the on-board diagnostics feel all systems are functioning within factory specifications however, during the test drive the 'anti-lock' and 'SRS air-bag' lights came on. This may be due to a loose solder connection on the circuit board within the control unit. We would rate the XJ6 as 'Fair' or condition (#4 ). As to value, with the lack of paperwork and cosmetic damage, we'd say the value is between $1800 - $2200.The inspector wanted you to see the all the issues he was seeing and he got you almost 240 photos! Be sure to thoroughly review them all along with the written report and notes before making your decision."

Attached Thumbnails Hey there; and, how you be?-jagds.jpg   Hey there; and, how you be?-jagdsjamb2.jpg   Hey there; and, how you be?-jageng.jpg   Hey there; and, how you be?-jagrust.jpg   Hey there; and, how you be?-jagwet.jpg  

Hey there; and, how you be?-jagtrunk.jpg