XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2017 on the way

Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Stires
From the short time I have driven it it seems like a great car. Once they work out some of the inevitable software bugs the ICTP will be an awesome system. The HUD is not as good as I have seen is some cars especially with regard to replicating navigation directions. Overall the Jag seems better constructed than the Ghibli and feels lighter. I read about the patch but it has been getting mixed reviews with some people claiming it made things worse and others noticing improvement. I am in no hurry to have the system updated until there are a few more revisions unless I experience significant issues. I would love to talk to the Jag engineer who decided to put the seat memory controls below and closer to the driver then the window controls though . . . .
Had to laugh at your statement about the seat controls. I am 6 foot tall and even at that, I have to reach way forward to hit the front window buttons. Reversing the positions would have been a nice swap.

Check the HUD settings and after a trip or two you may find you like it better. I find the turn by turn info good, although not as precise perhaps as the cluster display. Then brightness in daytime is very good (adjustable of course) and the display is clear and clean. Better than many I have seen in other vehicles.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:43 PM

Not really to do with any vehicles coming here, but this is shocking!

$45 Million Worth Of Jaguars And Land Rovers Are About Fall Into The Ocean ? And It Has Happened Before - Business Insider

Interesting on the Port but older: http://automotivelogistics.media/new...tract-with-wwl

https://www.2wglobal.com/news-and-in.../#.V0yaZb6HuFs Neat info. I thought the dealer installed wheel locks, etc. Looks like they likely farm it out to the VPC.

Last edited by Magnumforc; 05-30-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yntski
Does anyone know the procedures or time frame when the dealer would get possession of the vehicle under normal circumstances?
From my experience with BMW (Baltimore to Boston) and Audi and Porsche (Rhode Island to Boston), it usually takes one to two weeks.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did an inventory search on Jaguar USA website and according to the inventory there are 7 available 2017 XF. Different models but only one has the ICTP. So they are available. So hopfully soon my dealer will be caling saying that they have received my ordered car.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Woo Hoo!

Just got a call from my dealer . . . car is due to arrive at the dealership in the next couple of days. I may be able to get this weekend. It still has to go through pre-delivery and inspection.

Oh yeah, negotiations on price have to be done as well. Anyone know if dealers are taking money off of the sticker price?

Old 06-03-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by yntski
Woo Hoo!

Just got a call from my dealer . . . car is due to arrive at the dealership in the next couple of days. I may be able to get this weekend. It still has to go through pre-delivery and inspection.

Oh yeah, negotiations on price have to be done as well. Anyone know if dealers are taking money off of the sticker price?
Great news!Hope you will be motoring in the new Jag by Sunday!

I don't know how your dealer works but here we haggle the price based on the numbers they have in front of them for the vehicle being ordered. Only after the price is set in stone do I order a vehicle. The dealer has many incentives to up-front price including the number ordered, financing, whether they are on flooring, direct to dealer incentives, etc.

Hope your haggling goes well.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc

I don't know how your dealer works but here we haggle the price based on the numbers they have in front of them for the vehicle being ordered. Only after the price is set in stone do I order a vehicle. The dealer has many incentives to up-front price including the number ordered, financing, whether they are on flooring, direct to dealer incentives, etc.

Hope your haggling goes well.
Yes, here I just ordered the car. I have no obligation to buy. Haggling afterwards. I will let you know. This is the part of new car buying I really don't like. The good news is I am coming in with half of the price in cash and I have excellent credit (Score of 859).

Old 06-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default On The Way took a lot longer than expected... and more

I started this thread May 9th.

Delivery Interruptus:
the second delay message predicted my car to arrive July 8th or later, but with notes of 2017 deliveries here, plus the online evidence of 2017 models at Nashville and another east coast dealer, got them off the dime. So I arrived to pick up my green R-Sport last Wednesday...

Post Paperwork the salesguy and I sat in the XF checking out all the goodies, when I put the car in drive to get out of the garage for a line of sight to a Sirius Satellite. No go. Wouldn't budge. Yeah, turned it on and off, just like a good PC support guy would tell me. Gearbox error message. They had taken the XF for fuel and the service guys did the usual prep work, no problem, but...

Panic amongst Sales and Service Folk ensued, telephone calls were made, but the XF remained planted to the concrete. After an hour I was handed the keys to a 2016 F Type S and told not to worry, they'll call me.

They didn't, other than the ServiceTelephoneChick on Friday who knew nothing other than to repeat the They're waiting for a call back from Jaguar mantra from Wednesday. I was pretty unhappy with the lack of dealer handholding --- I don't need my butt kissed but common sense customer service called for it.

Too long story short, the salesguy mumbled something about transmission valve body, but wading through the sea of words on the service document reveals the Secure Park Actuator Solenoid was "partially disconnected/intermittent".

I did a multi-stop 60 mile tour around the area today, all is well thus far. I was approached at my last stop at a store with questions from a happy 2010 XF driver whose wife drives a 2004 XF. Other than the changes to delivery dates and this little adventure, I'm quite pleased with my purchase, comfort with performance says it in a nutshell. Allegedly Jaguar is going to pony up with some sort of reassurance. We'll see, but I can't say I'm nervous, IT happens.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:41 PM

Congrats. Enjoy prowling in the new Cat!