XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Car back from dealer today - FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
On my drive yesterday I noted some unusual very small clicks and pops while sitting in the hot sun (85+ degrees.) I wonder if the expansion differential between the glass sunroof and the metal has anything to do with that. But nothing to worry about, just an observation.

Here is my update.

Apparently my original "tick" was fixed a day and half ago (something in the fender area). You think they could have told me? No.

Now for the last 2 days they are working on a new sound that apparently is coming from the sunroof. They have removed the glass and there is no sound. Waiting to find out if they are ordering me a new sunroof or taking a sunroof from their stock. If they order it will be a couple more days.

Well, last but not least my car is still in service. I sure wish that they told me they fixed the original sound and are working on a new one. I wouldn't have gone off on the Service Rep at 6:00 this evening.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If they had my vehicle as long as they have yours, going off on the rep would be the least of their troubles!

The following users liked this post:
yntski (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 10:45 AM

If they had my vehicle as long as they have yours, going off on the rep would be the least of their troubles!
Thanks. I felt real bad afterwards and still sort of do. He probably hasn't given it a second thought. I just like to be liked, I guess.

Friday was the 14th day in service. All for rattles/sounds. At least nothing mechanically.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Taking long to fix a problem isn't an issue. Poor communication/ status updates can sure create one though. That was bad on them. I sometimes remind myself that other customers don't always care and/or aren't in a hurry to get their car back since it's one of many... one local dealership has a car gathering dust waiting for owner to remember it's still there (no joke- they wash it occasionally)... so, it's okay to remind the dealership (with as much snap as necessary for it to stick) that you actually like your car and want updates.

I would expect a daily or even twice daily update at this point.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by yntski
Thanks. I felt real bad afterwards and still sort of do. He probably hasn't given it a second thought. I just like to be liked, I guess.

Friday was the 14th day in service. All for rattles/sounds. At least nothing mechanically.
My spouse would have chewed the rep out and spit him out. She is a reckoning force at a dealer so I kind of wait off to the side to avoid any arrests.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:45 PM

If it was a normal service situation I am fine with limited communication, but with my particular circumstances I really expect proper communication.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you meanwhile solved the rattle problem in the right passenger area?

was it while driving slowly or depending on speed?

Old 07-15-2016, 03:18 PM

Your hometown reminded me of one of my favorite all time beers...Dortmunder! I know the history and I understand it's still brewed there. The beauty of a good Bavarian brew!

Old 07-15-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaguardortmund
have you meanwhile solved the rattle problem in the right passenger area?

was it while driving slowly or depending on speed?
Car in still in the shop. Been in there since around since July 5. I have owned the car 41 days and it's been at the dealer for 21 of those days.

Found 2 different rattles. One in the fender area and one that was in the sunroof. The part that is bonded to the car was warped in the sunroof. This one happened with it got hot out.

My car was taken apart in order to find the noises. They say that the noises are gone and are putting my car back together. My attitude is that the parts are being put back on by a person are probably better than from the assembly line. I have to think of it that way.

So cross your fingers. I am waiting to hear from the rep to tell me that the car is back together and all the noises are gone.

The dealer has been great especially the serv. rep. I have gone off on him a few times and he always has just taken and is trying hard to get my car back to me. My only issue with the dealer is that is has taken this long to get it back to me.

Jaguar is working on a goodwill jesture to compensate me.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:03 PM

Six months payments would be good, especially if you bought no money down!!!! Maybe unrealistic but $150 per day X 21? Free maintenance for 5 years will not cut it...LOL

Old 07-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...yes, we have good beers there... :-)

crossing fingers, that all your Rattles are gone now...

greets

Old 07-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Six months payments would be good, especially if you bought no money down!!!! Maybe unrealistic but $150 per day X 21? Free maintenance for 5 years will not cut it...LOL
You will more than likely get a payment. That is what they usually do.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:08 PM

I got the call . . . car is ready. Woo Hoo. Just need to test drive with service rep and I am good to go. I have owned the car for 44 days now and it was in repair at the dealership for 24 of those days. Hopefully the sounds are gone from the cabin. Cross your fingers.

Corporate asked me what I was willing to take. I said 2 months payment. I only fianced half of the price of the car, so we are only talking about $1,400.00

Old 07-19-2016, 03:59 PM

So far all is good. No noise and no further issues, except I just read that there is a software update. I sure don't want to give my car up again.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM

Corporate gave me 3 months payments. Dealer didn't charge me for the Luxury Mat set or the front and rear splash guards that I requested. Which total is a little over $2,650.00. I am happy, but most of all I am thrilled to have my car back with no noises.

The following users liked this post:
jpk112 (07-20-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 05:31 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

So far all is good. No noise and no further issues, except I just read that there is a software update. I sure don't want to give my car up again.
Congrats on getting car back! Please let me know if you get the update. I've heard rumors of an update for MONTHS and am still waiting.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Corporate gave me 3 months payments. Dealer didn't charge me for the Luxury Mat set or the front and rear splash guards that I requested. Which total is a little over $2,650.00. I am happy, but most of all I am thrilled to have my car back with no noises.
Congrats! Hope you never have to visit the dealer again except for free maintenance! Oh, and updates or flash updates as needed!

Old 07-26-2016, 02:04 PM

Congrats! Hope you never have to visit the dealer again except for free maintenance! Oh, and updates or flash updates as needed!
That didn't last long. Notice while washing the car this weekend that there are scratchs and a ding on the running board on the passenger side between the doors. You can't see it with the doors close and you really have to be looking for it with them open. But my car was perfect when I gave it to them (as I didn't have it that long) and I want it perfect now.

I took it in this morning for them to look at. He said absolutely it was caused when the body shop either removed or replace the running board. Probably by the corner of the door.

So I am taking it in next Monday (as I didn't want to give up my car again so soon. Probably will be in there for 2 days. The plus side, I asked him to check to see if my ICTPro will get the update that Thomas Stires has received.

Last edited by yntski; 07-26-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 PM

As she noted, the AWD in the XF-S comes with the 380 Hp supercharged engine. Same with the RWD XF-S. Other models of the XF are available with the diesel and the 340 HP version of the stake engine. Only the S model has the 380 HP as standard.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:19 PM

So I am taking it in next Monday (as I didn't want to give up my car again so soon. Probably will be in there for 2 days. The plus side, I asked him to check to see if my ICTPro will get the update that Thomas Stires has received.
Got the car back on Tuesday. The running board is perfect. I decided not to deal with the software update as I have had enough issues with my car and just want to enjoy it now. So I will be keeping an eye on people's comments about the latest software update.