Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM

Angry Jaguar Workshop Manual scam

Hi All,
just want to give you all a heads up to a scam that I have just been taken by. I recently "purchased" an X Type manual from a company called RapidManuals.Co.UK. (They also use the name Elite Manuals.)
They duly processed my transaction online and billed me GBP5-99 through a company called moneybookers.com. I received email confirmation from both companies so thought everything was legit.
The manual was supposed to arive via airmail within 10 days. Over a month later it still hasn't arrived and the company refusess to answer my emails. I did a Google search of RapidManuals and found a heap of sites reporting them as a scam.
It's not the money that P***es me off, it's the fact that these scumbags are getting away with it.
A lesson learned and still no closer to getting an X type manual as none of the links on these forums lead anywhere.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a manual for our cars ANYWHERE????
Cheers and keep following the CAT.
Rollerman.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM

I found 3 for you. The first only ships to USA, but you could ask. I just bought a copy for myself. I am hoping the 95 is close enough to the 94 for general info, and for under $7 its hard to beat.
Because its a Jaguar. And ----- even if your pushing it down the street --- Everyone feels better in a Jaguar

Jeremy: Beneath this rather faded...
James: Ruined
Jeremy: Ruined exterior, beats a heart of pure arthritis.

1994 XJ6

Last edited by plums; 01-23-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: links removed
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 844 Posts

If you paid by credit card, make sure you file a chargeback.

The surest way of putting an online scam out of business is to choke off their card processing.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeh View Post
I found 3 for you. The first only ships to USA, but you could ask. I just bought a copy for myself. I am hoping the 95 is close enough to the 94 for general info, and for under $7 its hard to beat.
They are just reselling what is freely found on the internet. Look in the various FAQ posts for download locations and installation instructions.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plums View Post
They are just reselling what is freely found on the internet. Look in the various FAQ posts for download locations and installation instructions.
I'm not sure I can agree with that. I purchased a BMW/Mini tis and it was the actual information from BMW. In fact the it was the same information that is used by Mitchell on Demand and Alldata but with working hyperlinks within the programs.

While I cant speak for the Jaguar TIS Even if this stuff is available for free the value is having it one place. And $7 is the cost of morning coffee and a bagel so pretty cheap if you ask me.
Because its a Jaguar. And ----- even if your pushing it down the street --- Everyone feels better in a Jaguar

Jeremy: Beneath this rather faded...
James: Ruined
Jeremy: Ruined exterior, beats a heart of pure arthritis.

1994 XJ6
Old 01-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Photobucket

Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,495 Posts

Click the image to open in full size.

The downloads are here for you my friend.............

Handbook download

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool!!
A fine is a tax for doing wrong, A tax is a fine for doing well......

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys, Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

LANG MAY YER LUM REEK

**********************Contact-Admin // Forum-Rules // New-member-Must-Read // Vendor-directory**********************

If you've been helped, please click on the "Thanks" button

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM

I stand corrected. Thanks Jim.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,495 Posts

Click the image to open in full size.

No problem

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool!!
A fine is a tax for doing wrong, A tax is a fine for doing well......

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys, Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

LANG MAY YER LUM REEK

**********************Contact-Admin // Forum-Rules // New-member-Must-Read // Vendor-directory**********************

If you've been helped, please click on the "Thanks" button

Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerman1953 View Post
Hi All,
just want to give you all a heads up to a scam that I have just been taken by. I recently "purchased" an X Type manual from a company called RapidManuals.Co.UK. (They also use the name Elite Manuals.)
They duly processed my transaction online and billed me GBP5-99 through a company called moneybookers.com. I received email confirmation from both companies so thought everything was legit.
The manual was supposed to arive via airmail within 10 days. Over a month later it still hasn't arrived and the company refusess to answer my emails. I did a Google search of RapidManuals and found a heap of sites reporting them as a scam.
It's not the money that P***es me off, it's the fact that these scumbags are getting away with it.
A lesson learned and still no closer to getting an X type manual as none of the links on these forums lead anywhere.
Rollerman.
Rollerman, et al,

The way to beat these online scumbags is to use PayPal or Clickbank when paying. Don't pay by credit card, direct deposit etc. PayPal & the like guarantee that if you don't get your goods, you get your money back. If they won't support a vendor, then the best advice is to buy elsewhere.

Cheers,

Languid
Old 02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerman1953 View Post
Hi All,
Rollerman.
Anyone would be pissed, as a result of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid View Post
Rollerman, et al,

The way to beat these online scumbags is to use PayPal or Clickbank when paying. Don't pay by credit card, direct deposit etc. PayPal & the like guarantee that if you don't get your goods, you get your money back. If they won't support a vendor, then the best advice is to buy elsewhere.

Cheers,

Languid
Or, some sort of message, might reveal the free location of some 'pretty damned furry' roaming sheep.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translator View Post
Anyone would be pissed, as a result of that.

Or, some sort of message, might reveal the free location of some 'pretty damned furry' roaming sheep.
Pretty Decent Food is better
Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by plums View Post
Pretty Decent Food is better
Agreed much better, but I was looking at location

Funny enough a member from Down under sent me an X Type workshop manual in PDF just last week!

62Mb and around 2800 pages. FOC

Still trying to figure out what to do with it. (CR issues).

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

accuratespelling.com
website spell check service
Old 02-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translator View Post
Still trying to figure out what to do with it. (CR issues).
If it is a derivative work, there is good precedent that "mere compilations" do not enjoy copyright protection.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:56 AM

Tags
download, forum, free, jag, jaguar, link, manual, manuals, orkshop, scam, tis, type, uk, workshop, workshopmanualscom