PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS[NorthEast]: 1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic

1971 jaguar xj6, it has around 39k miles on the body, and a fuel injected tbi 350, 180hp 300lbft of torque, chevy tbi engine and a freshly rebuilt 4l60 transmission, with corvette servo, hd clutch disks, hd kevlar band. The engine has new head gaskets and valve job, new oil pump, timing chain, water pump. All new retorsound radio and speakers, brake calipers, radiator, fuel cell, drive shaft, electric fan, wire harness, cruise control, auto lights, push button start, auto dimming mirror, 2.25 inch exhaust with magna flow mufflers plus new front wheel bearings and more. I am looking to sell to buy a truck, just bought a house and a kitchen remodel will not fit well in the back of a jag...if you have a nice truck i would consider a trade.

10500 for the price, located near New Haven CT

Attached Thumbnails 1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-00m0m_iufqcnhpat_600x450.jpg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-00k0k_bge2vcftrj_600x450.jpg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-00101_67iyivlxcqf_600x450.jpg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2503.jpg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2508.jpg  

1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2512.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2511.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2514.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2513.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2515.jpeg  

1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2523.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2530.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2527.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2528.jpeg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-dsc_2532.jpeg  

Old 12-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have A/C?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jag XJ 6

I am interested in your Jaguar. A few questions.
Ever damaged?
Any rust or rust repair?
Service history and documentation?
How long have you owned it?
Did you do the conversion? If not who did
Does everything function correctly?
Would you please call me to discuss.
Chas. Hersch
612-508-0777

Old 12-14-2014, 07:26 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I had set up email notifications for responses to posts...I guess not.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Oldfatguy99
Does it have A/C?
The car does not have ac installed, it is wired and has a new thermostatic valve installed, I also have all the parts, condenser evaporator and compressor, just no hose. There is a pulley in place of the compressor.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by charles62
I am interested in your Jaguar. A few questions.
Ever damaged?
Any rust or rust repair?
Service history and documentation?
How long have you owned it?
Did you do the conversion? If not who did
Does everything function correctly?
Would you please call me to discuss.
Chas. Hersch
612-508-0777

Very long read but this is what I know about the car

Hi Chas, I will give you a call tomorrow but I will also answer all the questions to be open and honest, rare quality for someone selling a car online.

Damage, all fenders and body panels do not show any sign of damage, I have been through every inch when I was rebuilding and rewiring the car. The car was repainted in 93, and still has great shine and luster.

Rust. There were two places of rust repaired on the car. One was the drivers side floor board, the steering column seal was not installed correctly. I fixed the seal, cut out all rust and welded in a new 16 gauge steel plate, stock is about 20. Fabricated a new gas pedal mount, etched primed, epoxy painted, then rubberized undercoated on both sides. Second was on the fresh air vent from the drivers side headlight, again stripped, welded and painted. Technically the exhaust was rusted as we'll, but with the engine swap, it was all taken out and new 2.25 in installed with rams horn manifolds a x over pipe and new magna flow mufflers. The entire exhaust system was painted with very high temp paint, except for the stainless magnaflows.

Service history and docs, I have a whole lot of paperwork for this car, that's how I knew when it was last repainted, plus I have all the receipts from all parts I bought during the conversion.

Ownership, I have owned it for almost 3 years. A coworker said he was going to junk an old jag he had sitting around in his barn since 01. He said it needed to much work. I traded him a very nice bike and trailered it home.

Conversion, I did the conversion my self with the help of jags that run manual and the jag forums! I was an electronics tech in the military before I became a pilot, so I am very capable of wiring systems and about everything being done right, just like how I would expect a plane I am flying would be! The engine, trans and wire harness donor was from a 93 buick roadmaster wagon. Reliablity and torque to move this heavy piece of metal. I went through the engine, cleaning and replacing very seal, gasket and checking tolerances. Some of the parts replaced were oil pump, o2 sensor, valves and seals, pushrods, spark plus, wires, district cap and rotor, head gaskets and bolts and timing chain. From there I rebuilt the throttle body and the transmission. For the trans, I can not believe how much people pay for a good rebuilt one! My rebuilt has a new torque converter, hd Kevlar band, hd clutches, corvette servo and transgo shift kit. Very smooth when you go nice and easy, but when you want to GO, it moves! Getting up to freeway speeds is fun in this car and if you need to pass, even on the freeway, this car is more than capable. The overdrive trans puts this car at 1500 rpm at 75mph! The car drives great down the road at all speeds, the wheels are balanced using dynabeads, an amazing product. The entire car was rewired, from the headlights to the fold down sun visors with vanity lights. No butt connectors, everything was soldered and then covered with marine heat shrink to keep out moisture. Plus I added things I wanted, auto dimming rear view mirror with map and entry lights, foot well lights, sun visor vanity lights, yellow fog lights wires to their own factory fog switch, 7 in lights, automatic lights with sensor, cruise control, push button start with separate ignition and accessory switches, master battery disconnect, and obd 1 connector. It also has a thermostatic electric cooling fan, a two speed lincoln fan. This chevy 350, LO5, was designed to run warmer than previous models, better gas mileage and longevity. It has the correct thermostat for the fan to keep the engine running at the correct temp, even on the hot days of a north east summer, the fan has never kicked to high speed, I also forgot mention there is a new hd 4 core radiator! More stuf that was done, wheel bearings, new brake calipers and brake lines and a fuel cell installed in the trunk. The stock tanks were junk, old fuel sitting for 12 years is not good for metal! So, because this is a summer Sunday driver, I installed a plastic 16 gallon fuel cell and new nylon fuel lines from the trunk. It's great for winter time, I run some fuel stabilizer in the engine, then pull out the cell and use the fuel for my daily driver, no waisted or bad gas next motoring season!

Functioning. Every light, I even made it so the side light act as turn signals as well, works great. The only thing I have not been able to fix correctly is the fuel gauge. The gauge, and replacement gauge, work great, I am just having a hard time finding the correct fuel sender. It is suppose to be a 33 to 240 ohm sender, but it does not show correctly on the guage. That is the only thing that does not work correctly. Electrically, this car is awesome, I have left it for over a month, got in and it cranked right over, most old jags loose a charge after a week without being on a charger.

With the car comes a jaguar factory service manual, for body and components, and a buick roadmaster factory service manual, for engine transmission and wiring, plus a box of rare/expensive spare parts and a car cover!

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

If you are still reading, congrats you made it to the end

Last edited by vdubluv74; 12-15-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This reminds me of my first Jaguar from 25 years ago with elegant style and a wheel base of the proper size from before Jag lost its way.

Classy and exclusive car. Good luck with sale.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Not looking for trading to another Jag are you?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Star
Not looking for trading to another Jag are you?
Thank you for your interest, unfortunately need a truck, just bought a house that needs renovation and drywall and other large things do not fit well in jags.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:37 PM

So, over the winter, front shocks are new, as well as upper and lowe ball joints, tie rod ends, series 3 steering rack as well as uk spec front and rear signal lenses. All that and i will lower the price to 8500, thereis a jeep around the corner that i would like to buy.

Attached Thumbnails 1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-20150221_075104.jpg   1971 jaguar xj6, fuel injected 350 and rebuilt 4 speed automatic-2015-02-23-13.20.25.jpg