PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent

$12,000 (US)

Additional photos here : https://jaguarxjsforsale.shutterfly.com/

1994 MY Jaguar XJS 4.0 coupe, AJ6 engine, rarefactory 5 speed manual transmission (Getrag) model. Black paint, barley (light tan) leather interior. Outboard rear disc brakes.

I have owned the carsince 2007 (50k miles). Mileage is now109,000. It was originally deliverednew to a dentist in California as a 50th birthday gift from hiswife.

Full set of keys,including remote fob, and manuals. Also a set of Jaguar original salesbrochures for that model year and a Jaguar Heritage Certificate. Details of maintenance in my ownershipavailable, and some previous Jaguar service history. Quality Covercraft customindoor cover included. Some spares,including ECU and NOS ABS modulator (v rare in original box) and the originalchromed lattice wheels.

Exterior
Spring 2012 the carhad a thorough cosmetic restoration with a quality repaint in the originalblack paint. Bumpers, all exteriortrim, lights and windscreen were removed. Photos available. No rust or accidentdamage found.
Factory 15"lattice wheels were powder-coated with black centres and silver rims, includingspare. New centre caps fitted andgenuine Jaguar valve stems fitted all round. Yokohama tires fitted with plenty of tread.
New Jaguarsportfront upper grille fitted with satin black trim strip instead of the chromeoriginal.
Satin black finishheadlight trim surrounds to match, similar to later V12's.
New badges andemblems all round, including bonnet badge, side leapers, door mirror mounts,front turn signal lenses and rear number plate lights. Lots of trim details renewed with originalJaguar parts to compliment the new paint. New wiper arms too.

Interior
Thefront seats (electric and heated) were recovered with genuine NOS Jaguar coversand are as new. The centre consolearmrest was also recovered by Pauls Jaguar. The leather has been treated with Leatherique since. Absolutely NO cracking or splitting at all,including the rear seats.
New switches forwindows and cruise control fitted (symbols were a little worn on originals).NOS steering wheel and gearknob fitted. It still has the original car phone fitted (but not functional). The headliner has also been replaced. Original stereo fitted but a cassette isstuck in the head unit (who plays cassettes now anyway?)
Heated seats andmirrors, and headlight washer option

Mechanical
AC converted toR134a. New evaporator and compressor in the last 5 years or so. Climate controlworks.
The car runs anddrives great. I replaced the frontrotors and pads. Clutch slave cylinderreplaced (v hard to find). Apart fromregular servicing it hasn’t really needed anything.

I’m selling it toreduce my collection. This car is wayabove your usual XJS’s with a great color combination and the rare manualgearbox. Fly into Charleston, SC, enjoya weekend with your other half and enjoy the drive home.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent-jaguar-xjs-019.jpg   1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent-006.jpg   1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent-011.jpg   1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent-005.jpg   1994 XJS 5 speed coupe - Excellent-elena-009.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (02-21-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful. My car is similar spec, but nowhere near as nice, and higher mileage.

I'm hoping you get your ask, the new paint and interior alone make it worth it.

The headlight surround and rims in black are a really nice touch.

I've sent you a PM.

Roger Simpson (03-14-2022)
Old 02-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 AJ16-5
Beautiful. My car is similar spec, but nowhere near as nice, and higher mileage.

I'm hoping you get your ask, the new paint and interior alone make it worth it.

The headlight surround and rims in black are a really nice touch.

I've sent you a PM.

If I remember correctly some research I did about a decade ago, the US-spec AJ16 coupes w/5-speeds are REALLY rare (can be counted on the fingers of one hand).The US-spec AJ6 w/5-speeds are a bit more "common" (maybe several dozen). Wow (assuming that it is a factory original).

Last edited by SCMike; 02-19-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM

Thank you for the comments. I was not aware AJ16 versions were available with the 5 speed in the US market.
My car is a genuine Jaguar 5 speed car with the VIN and Heritage Certificate to verify this.
Thank you

Old 02-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 5speedusa
Thank you for the comments. I was not aware AJ16 versions were available with the 5 speed in the US market.
My car is a genuine Jaguar 5 speed car with the VIN and Heritage Certificate to verify this.
Thank you
Apparently, the AJ16 was not formally available with 5-speed, but a few sneaked in (hope I didn't sound like I was questioning the authenticity of your AJ6 - it was the AJ16 that I was enquiring about). If there is any interest, I can try to dredge up the US-spec 5-speed production stats that I got from Jaguar.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:07 AM

No, mine is aftermarket (came from an XJR, according to the paperwork). I don't think there were any AJ16 + 5 speed combos in the XJS, although there were for the X300. Somewhere there is a thread that says a total of four 1995 5-speeds were sold, but it's assumed those were 'leftover' 94s - AJ6.

I think the five speed should command a premium over auto, seeing how far some are willing to go to or how much some are willing to pay to get one installed. Factory 5 speed even more so.

Keep us posted on how you do, if you don't mind (not that it's really any of my business).

Old 02-20-2015, 01:44 PM

No worries. I would be interested to hear what stats you have on US 5 speed production. I had heard somewhere around 200 made it across the pond. I have seen about 10 - 15 for sale in the time I have owned mine. In fact someone owns another 5 speed in Charleston, the earlier facelift version, and a convertible.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM

Ah, I didn't realize (looking on my phone) that SC Mike was also chiming in here.

My only stats come from various googling (and SC's legwork), and this thread seems to be the most informative:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...figures-99273/

User AllanG:

"I did the figures for US and Canada for XJS facelift manual cars.

1992 Coupe - 33 Canada only
1993 Coupe - 37 US and 4 Can
1993 Convertible - 62 US and 4 Can
1993 2+2 - 2 US and 4 Can
1994 Coupe - 19 US only
1994 2+2 - 56 US and 2 Can

There was none in 1995 or 1996. There was approximately 70 Manual AJ16 engine XJSs and none were sold to the USA. It doesn't mean none have been imported though."

Remember these are calendar year production figures, so some cars produced in 92 may be 93MY and some in 1993 may be 94MY.

So a total of 176 cars for the US and 47 for Canada. A manual AJ16 looks to be a very rare bird and if someone did bring one over here, it's probably the only one!"

In that thread SCMike added:

"total manual gearbox XJS Model Year sales in the US:

1994... 71
1995... 4

Those total numbers from 1999 are reasonably consistent with the more detailed break out that you received recently. I always was intrigued by the claimed 4 MY95 sales in the 1999 reply, thinking that those might be manual AJ16 cars. Over the years I have kept my eye out for one of these in the US, but never saw one advertised. From your data, it looks like these 4 may just have been 1994 hold-overs, and hence AJ6-engined."

That last bit, I think I agree with SC. If you add Allan's 94 numbers you get 75, consistent with SC's 94 + 95 numbers. But this is just me on the internet; I am not a primary source. And it looks like I'm wrong on the AJ16 5 speed - apparently there were some sold ROW?

Regardless I think it's safe to say yours is one of 19 for that year, and one of maybe 100 factory manual facelift coupes sold to North America; one of, what, 150 manual facelift jags? Condition, cosmetics, rarity... really nice car.

You should keep it.

BTW you guys are close to each other in one of my favorite parts of the country. I love Aiken, Beaufort, Savannah.. spent some time in the low country between Savannah and Charleston as a kid (Edisto area). Done some fishing around Port Royal sound more recently. I've actually never been in Charleston proper though.... might need a road trip?

5speedusa (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 02:09 PM

My car is now posted on BaT (Bring a Trailer). Some don't like the 'blacking out' I did. The original upper grille polished trim strip was peppered with about 18 years of road rash/stone chips and would not polish out etc, along with the fact that new ones are no longer available. I could have hunted for a good used replacement, but seeing as everything else paint and trim wise was new I thought even a used one might show up like a sore thumb. If the headlight surrounds had stayed chrome and the new black grille was in place it might not have looked err balanced enough. Besides, the later V12's had colour coded headlight surrounds.
Someone made a comment on the wheels in that they should have been 16" 5 spoke. I think that may have been an option. When I bought the car it has chromed 15" lattice with black painted lattice spokes. I think these were dealer options and maybe the customers choice or perhaps swapped out before my ownership. The car has a build date of mid 1993.
The cassette tape got stuck only recently, and I have no idea how to remove the cassette/stereo from the car.

Thank you for your comments and data on production figures.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please contact me at : jake654321@hotmail.com

Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 AM

The car sold 8th March for very close to the asking price to a fellow enthusiast in SC. Thank you for all your comments.