PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Sold

2002 xkr seat modules

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2002 xkr seat modules

I am looking for both seat modules for my 2002 xkr.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Why, are they broken and hanging? Fix em jaguar wont replace them for this, you can either epoxy bolts back into housing or tie strap them

Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Perhaps a flood car? Sorry, I have early driver and passenger seat modules, but I think they changed at 2000 MY. And you'll want to match the VCATS codes in addition to the module part numbers to insure correct operation.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM

And then new or used modules have to be programmed to the car

Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM

I can get them programmed. The p/n = LJA2120AJ/001
and these are the VCAT= DSCM. Hope this is right, this is what a jag tech wrote down to find out the part#. Kind of new at the Jag thing so dont know how these #'s work yet. Not in a flood. The passenger side reclines but will not inclie. The driverside does neither. Confirmed by Jag it's both modules. Also I checked the motors and switches on both seats and they are fine.

Last edited by XKR Brian; 02-10-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:07 PM

I don't have parts lookup info for a 2002, but when I run the number you posted it supercedes and is listed as a door module. Better double check the part number.

My early seat control modules are LJA2160AF/ 001

Old 02-10-2009, 11:05 PM

I will double check tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Default XK8/ XKR seats

This is a 1997 driver's seat. It would recline, but not incline. I tested the module on the passenger's side, bad module. I tested the good right module on the driver's side, no incline. The gearing on the seat frame had failed, and was jamming in the incline direction: the old squab frame is in the foreground of the picture.

Hopefully your case is just two bad modules. In the case of this '97, I suspect that the mechanical fault to the seat frame gearing caused the left module to fail. This is the only such failure I have seen, but I don't have a ton of XK8/ XKR customers.

Attached Thumbnails 2002 xkr seat modules-aug-28th-07-005.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 AM

Andy, modules do go bad for this issuem but so do switches and motors, since the same basic function side to side, I always swap parts side to side to diag. If the fault moves with the module, then thats it.

Jaguar engineers overheard at lunch one day. "hey ya know we should make the headrest on the new XK's operate with a motor!" "yeah thats a part that doesnt fail, and we can make the cable sheaths alittle longer so that the inner cable works its way out of the drive and all you hear is the motor operate and not the headrest!!!" "Brilliant, lets do it, that's almost as good as when we decided to put plastic bodied tensioners in the V8!"

Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM

I did already checked the motors, both work fine and the seats can recline and incline if I put power to the motors. I did swap the modules side to side. the passenger module only works to recline and the driver side does neither. when I put the passenger side on the driver side it also reclines, so it is the modules. Didnt have time today to call or run down to the jag store, will update when I have a number. Question I can get you the #'s off of the modules that I have would that help? Also would like an old one from someone that partially works to play with. I think the relays or at least one in the module on the passenger side is faulty. I cannot find one they seam to be OOP. NEC made them model# cn2-???

Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Talking

Greetings Brian,

I just wanted to point out that the modules could have failed for a reason, and make other owners aware of this possibility: good news that you don't have any other issues.

The part number on the modules will be correct, but the programming suffix is not recorded on the modules. You still have to obtain that from the VCATS sticker. Since I suspect the part numbers you were provided with are incorrect, I would be double-checking the last three digits for the programming code as well.

BRUTAL, oversophistication is a bad plan for cars, and for mechanics. That's why you manage to be able to say alot more than me in half as many words!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:57 PM

I finaly had time t get the #'s off the sticker in the trunk.
DSM= LJE2160AB/001
PSM= LJE2160AB/004

Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM

THOSE are the correct part numbers, and come up at a Jaguar list price of $575 each. If your local dealer is marking them up, please message me privately and I can provide them new at that price. My used ones are not an acceptable interchange as far as I know, and you will have to match all numbers when searching for used modules to have the best assurance they will work properly.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Brian, call Ken at Motorcars LTD in Houston (he's a member, and sponsor of the forum). If Andy can't get you a used module, Ken has a salvage yard available also, and i've purchased a used XK8 part or two from him. It's worth a call to see! All his used parts may not be listed on the website, he'll have to check his computer database. He's a good guy to work with, like all of our jag parts guys on here.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR Brian
I finally had time t get the #'s off the sticker in the trunk.
DSM= LJE2160AB/001
PSM= LJE2160AB/004
Just for reference:

LJE2160AB/001 $575 @ Retail
LJE2160AB/001 $488 @ jaguarparts.com
LJE2160AB/001 $429 @ parts.com

LJE2160AB/004 $575 @ Retail
LJE2160AB/004 $488 @ jaguarparts.com
LJE2160AB/004 $429 @ parts.com

Old 02-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Exactly what point are you trying to prove? Do you call these people and get verification that they can actually provide all the parts you look up, at the prices they quote, even when they are sometimes below dealer cost? Is there pricing regularly updated as Jaguar's is...which happens often, most recently about two weeks ago?

Any Jaguar list price I quote nets me no more than 15% after it reaches my door, and the dealer has made maybe 20% over his cost from Jaguar. You can't buy that module new for $429.00, and I'd be real skeptical of the other lower price as well.

That's not a personal sales pitch from me, I don't sell enough parts here to cover the time I spend trying to help people. But I do take it personally George, since you repeatedly post phantom pricing everytime I answer someone's question about where they can actually buy what they are looking for, and actually pay what they were quoted. Just like the floormats that you can only find on your computer screen and in the wrong color, or the cheap batteries that are no longer available.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 PM

I got lucky on the driverside, as I found a tech with a good used one. Now let me see if I can make 1 good one from the old driverside units spare working parts combined with the psaaengers good parts. If not I will follow your advise. Thanks everyone!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 PM

Nothing wrong with those prices, and you didn't have to pay someone to send you two door modules by mistake. So far, so good!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by JagtechOhio
Exactly what point are you trying to prove? Do you call these people and get verification that they can actually provide all the parts you look up, at the prices they quote, even when they are sometimes below dealer cost? Is there pricing regularly updated as Jaguar's is...which happens often, most recently about two weeks ago?

Any Jaguar list price I quote nets me no more than 15% after it reaches my door, and the dealer has made maybe 20% over his cost from Jaguar. You can't buy that module new for $429.00, and I'd be real skeptical of the other lower price as well.

That's not a personal sales pitch from me, I don't sell enough parts here to cover the time I spend trying to help people. But I do take it personally George, since you repeatedly post phantom pricing everytime I answer someone's question about where they can actually buy what they are looking for, and actually pay what they were quoted. Just like the floormats that you can only find on your computer screen and in the wrong color, or the cheap batteries that are no longer available.
It was not my intention to offend you! I just think that sources for Jaguar parts at good prices should be known to everyone. My dealer prices are almost always more than suggested retail. I have bought from both of these sites and got the genuine Jaguar parts at the prices quoted. I merely posted this to give anyone looking for parts at good prices. If getting Jaguar parts at good prices offends anyone, I will certainly not suggest any sources in the future.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 PM

Thanks to all for the input. I put the new used module on the car and it only reclined. I have the same problem if you remember on the passenger side. I now had an extra driverside one to play with, so I got out the jewelers loop and started looking closely at the circuit boards. Upon close inspection I did find a break in one of the runs in the board. I tried to find someone that would fix the board but to no avail. Not being one to give up I got the smallest soldering pen I could find and since I could not patch the broken area, I just soldered a wire form where the run ended up on either end. One end went to an IC and the other end I had to pass through the board and solder straight to one of the relay pins as that was where it ended up. It worked!!! So I did the other side and it was the same story. I am convinced it is the weak spot on these. I have pictures of the repairs, but do not know how to put them up. I believe these concerns could be avoided on our cars by doing a simple proceedure consisting of tapeing the area on the circuit boards that contact the plastic housing that it sits in, I have done this on both we will see if I ever have a problem in this area again. If anyone is interested please let me know how to post pictures and I will try to post in How to section

Quick Reply: 2002 xkr seat modules