PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[WTB] WTB 07 -09 XK side marker lamps w/pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts
Default WTB 07 -09 XK side marker lamps w/pigtail

Greetings,

I would like to install the side markers from the 1st gen XK (07-09) on my 2010XKR.
Would like to buy the units whole with pigtails to install, but so far it seems to be more difficult than I expected.
I'm willing to buy the markers themselves new from jag, but would still need the harness side of the connector to wire them in.

Looking for anyone with the full set of markers, including harness pigtails, or just a pair of harness side connectors with pigtails.

Anyone?

Thanks!
Vince

Attached Thumbnails WTB 07 -09 XK side marker lamps w/pigtail-img_0767.jpg   WTB 07 -09 XK side marker lamps w/pigtail-img_0754.jpg   WTB 07 -09 XK side marker lamps w/pigtail-img_0760.jpg  
Old 02-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

Bump for another week of crossed fingers!

Vince

Old 02-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Interesting. I have them of course on the 2008 but have toyed with the idea of adding the mirrors with the signals integrated and eliminating the wing signals. Are you keeping your mirrors and thus have 2 side indicators per side?

Old 03-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member

The 2010 and newer mirrors are annoyingly huge compared to the 1st gen.
They are so large, that they create their own blind spot in the side glass, all the way back to their outside edge. The lost viability looking forward takes getting use to, but to date I still dislike their bulk.

My 2007 didn't have the auto folding option.
But if I could replace the 2010s, at a reasonable cost (buying the folding set, and of course a repaint) I would do it in a heart beat.

The 1st gen side markers out-perform the mirror lamps in every way. 2nd gen mirror mounts are hardly visible to cars approaching your rear quarter-panels, and the dim yellow is easily ignored. It's almost like the new design caters only to cars in front of you.

I put white LEDs in my '07 side markers, and trust me, when I hit the turn signals, the intensity of the flash gets everybody's attention instantly. Not so with 2nd gen.......

Anyhow....I just ordered the markers, and guess I'll find a way to wire them using a different type waterproof connector...

Vince

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
The 2010 and newer mirrors are annoyingly huge compared to the 1st gen.
They are so large, that they create their own blind spot in the side glass, all the way back to their outside edge. The lost viability looking forward takes getting use to, but to date I still dislike their bulk.
It is funny you should mention it but as I started to look a bit harder, I took a look at one in person and that is the very first thought I had, the mirrors are enormous and non-sport like and in fact I believe the are the same size or even the same as the new XJ so I have decided to abandon the pursuit and keep my smaller sportier mirrors.