S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold

My S Type (2000) seems to be blowing hot air out of one side and freezing cold air out of the other side when the air conditioning is on. Can anyone please tell me what is going on ?[X(]

Old 12-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold

Its called Dual Zone Climate Control.. It has a blue down arrow and a red up arrow on BOTH the passenger and driver side of the car you can adjust the temperature to different levels on either side.. You probably have one set to hot and the other to cold... check the settings as I think you will find that to be your problem.. Eric

Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

To ensure both zones are synchronised press and hold the Auto button for a couple of secs - till you hear a beep, both zones are now linked and any temperature change made to the driver zone will be duplicated on the passenger zone.
If you still have a problem, I believe there is an issue with the air directing flaps inside the ducts - sadly I don't know how easy it is fix.

The following users liked this post:
1320racer (09-03-2014)
Old 12-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Thanks very much guys- really appreciate the tips ! I will go out and give it a try.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:55 AM

Tried all the above suggestions, unfortunately still blowing cold on one side and hot on the other- pretty uncomfortable in 30+ degrees []

Old 01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

Try this, run car until it's hot, set temperature all the way up until the display reads HI not a number, this will over ride all temp sensors and should give hot air on both sides. If you still have cold air on one side and hot on the other you need to test the power and ground to the water valve mentioned in another post. S-Types commonly have chafed wiring harness to this valve causing the type of problem you describe and replacing the valve may not correct it. I have replaced 12 valves for this condition and repaired 100 harness problems for the same thing. When set toLO you should have a ground at both sides of the valve(brown/white and brown/green) and power on the ?yellow? wire. If either brown wire does not have a ground suspect the harness usually near the valve where it wraps around the lower part of the core support and is often chafed on sharp metal there. If it's not there, there areanother 12 common places to look.

The following 3 users liked this post by Real_Tech:
1320racer (09-03-2014), Jumpin' Jag Flash (09-10-2013), speedwaymike (09-14-2013)
Old 01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I also need a dual climate control valve for my 2000 3.0.

If decide to use valve for the Lincoln LS, what model years of LS can I use? Does anyone have the part number?

Old 01-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did it blow hot air out the side vents and cold out the center vents? did you ever fix the problem? because that's the problem I'm having

Old 05-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by clubairth
This is most likely the DCCV (Dual Climate Control Valve). The same as a Lincoln LS (very common and I have changed it on our 2003 LS). It's on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Right next to the radiator and down a bit. Has 3 or 4 hoses going to it and an electrical plug. The solenoids start leaking internally and get corroded and stick. Sometimes running the temperature all the way up to 90 and then back down to 60 will force the system to cycle the DCCV and it might start working properly again for a short time. But it won't stay that way and you must replace it. The DCCV should be about $100-$140. Not too bad to change out. A bit hard to see until you know what your looking at. You need to change your coolant and the thermostat also. You have to partially drain the coolant to change the valve so it's not much extra work. Not servicing the coolant is the major cause of this problem. Although it does seem to happen based on age of the DCCV too. USE THE PROPER COOLANT AS RECOMMENDED BY JAGUAR!!!!!!DO NOT USE ANY "UNIVERSAL" TYPE COOLANT!!!!

Now if you get heat at high speeds but it stops when the engine is at idle. Then the problem is the AUX coolant pump which is mounted directly underneath the DCCV.
.[/align]
I replace the DCCV and the AUX and that didn't do the trick. I'm still getting hot and cool air

Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

I had the same issue. Hot on one side, cool on other. Replaced the DCCV and that fixed the hot/cold issue, sort of. Now Some vents were hot, others cold. I was doing a sat nav retrofit anyway so I had a new climate control module going in no matter what. I decided to do the install and as soon as I put the new module in, everything worked fine. If you have replaced all this other stuff, I would suggest trying a new climate control module. Might help.

The following users liked this post:
speedwaymike (09-14-2013)
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by WinterJag
I had the same issue. Hot on one side, cool on other. Replaced the DCCV and that fixed the hot/cold issue, sort of. Now Some vents were hot, others cold. I was doing a sat nav retrofit anyway so I had a new climate control module going in no matter what. I decided to do the install and as soon as I put the new module in, everything worked fine. If you have replaced all this other stuff, I would suggest trying a new climate control module. Might help.
where is the climate control module located at? and how much does the part go for? and do recommend me to take it to a shop are I could do it myself thanks for answering my problem

Mike

Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM

Well, the job is pretty easy if you know what to do! First, if you have Nav, the module is behind the glovebox. The glovebox comes out with a few screws and then the module is right behind it. It should have two connectors plugged into it that run back behind the radio/nav screen. If you don't have nav, its the top unit above the cd player and phone pad controls in the center. It has all the climate control buttons on it. To get his out, you have to remove the center trim and then just take out the whole unit. It's only got 4 screws holding it in. Then unscrew the top part (which is the climate control module) and there you go! It's actually quite easy. Now, for replacement parts it depends on which one you have. The module for the non nav system is pretty easy to come by (I actually have an extra one sitting around!) and easy to replace. The one for the nav system is easy to replace too, but harder to find. When I changed mine out, it was plug and play, no dealer programming required. Now, the non nav units aren't that expensive. I think I got the one I have sitting around for about $100. The ones for the nav system (remote climate control module, RCCM) are a little more expensive, IF the guy who is selling it knows what it is! I got mine for $85 because the wrecker I got it from didn't know what it was, just thought it was some little insignificant control module. They can get pricey, as all the other ones I could manage to find were about $500. But, if you don't have nav, don't worry about it! I bet I could change one of these out in about 15 min now, really simple job you should be able to do it. If someone sees something I'm missing or got wrong feel free to correct me!

The following 2 users liked this post by WinterJag:
Hotshoe (07-25-2013), speedwaymike (09-14-2013)
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by WinterJag
Well, the job is pretty easy if you know what to do! First, if you have Nav, the module is behind the glovebox. The glovebox comes out with a few screws and then the module is right behind it. It should have two connectors plugged into it that run back behind the radio/nav screen. If you don't have nav, its the top unit above the cd player and phone pad controls in the center. It has all the climate control buttons on it. To get his out, you have to remove the center trim and then just take out the whole unit. It's only got 4 screws holding it in. Then unscrew the top part (which is the climate control module) and there you go! It's actually quite easy. Now, for replacement parts it depends on which one you have. The module for the non nav system is pretty easy to come by (I actually have an extra one sitting around!) and easy to replace. The one for the nav system is easy to replace too, but harder to find. When I changed mine out, it was plug and play, no dealer programming required. Now, the non nav units aren't that expensive. I think I got the one I have sitting around for about $100. The ones for the nav system (remote climate control module, RCCM) are a little more expensive, IF the guy who is selling it knows what it is! I got mine for $85 because the wrecker I got it from didn't know what it was, just thought it was some little insignificant control module. They can get pricey, as all the other ones I could manage to find were about $500. But, if you don't have nav, don't worry about it! I bet I could change one of these out in about 15 min now, really simple job you should be able to do it. If someone sees something I'm missing or got wrong feel free to correct me!
I got a nav on my car so is gonna be expensive I'm gonna have to shop around at a wrecking yard I'll post up some picks later this week to make sure I found the right module In the car Because I remember taking the glovebox and see a module on the right side thanks for the reply I post up pic's soon thanks

Mike

Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 AM

My 2003 S Type will start out cool then turn hot when its 100 out side what could be the problem?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 PM

winter jag I took my glove box out and all I saw is a lil black box on the right (ADHLS controls units) and a black ABS box on top of the glove box and I also took my nav out I saw a sliver box (Adaptive Restraints module) under the tube where the air flow for the rear vents I didn't see anything that says (RCCM) A wrecking yard got one for 700 and he said is under the ash tray but all I saw was the (Adaptive Restraints module) do you got the part number for the RCCM? or pic's

Attached Thumbnails  Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold-100_4895.jpg    Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold-100_4897.jpg    Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold-100_4899.jpg    Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold-100_4900.jpg    Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold-100_4901.jpg  

Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am having somewhat the same problem - my 2003 S-type occasionally starts blowing hot air when the air conditioner is on. If I turn the control to the lowest setting (60 degrees), I then get cold air out of the center vent and hot air out of the side vents. I can get the whole system to "reset" if I turn off the engine, wait about 30 seconds, and then restart the engine. The air comes out of all vents cold then. My local Jaguar Dealer inspected it and found low freon. they added, freon, checked the freon for leaks (found none), but this situation of occasional hot air still happens, irregularly. I would really appreciate any solution which others have found to solve the problem.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 05-25-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Well, from the pics you took, it looks like the middle one is the RCCM. The one I got was basically just a black box, but it did have that orange sticker on it that looks like a price tag! It also has the plug ins for the two climate control connectors, just like the ones you see plugged into the box in pic 3. So, I would say that that is your RCCM! Now, again, I'm not a tech, so feel free to correct me anyone if you know something I don't! I had the part number a while ago, don't have it now, and I had pics, but again, don't know where they are! Now, 700 is too much. Don't pay that. I sourced three when I was looking, and the most expensive one was 485, so 700 is way too much. I don't remember the name of the place I found it at, but if you keep looking, you'll find one for a good price.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike E and bjburgett976 - about your vents blowing hot air out the side vents and cold air out the center vents - I have the same problem. Initially, the Jag Dealer indicated my 2003 S-Type was low on freon, though they found no leak with dye. They topped off the freon and left the ticket open. The next week, during a trip to Houston and back (400 miles), I experienced this problem three times, so back to the Dealer I went. They were then able to recreate the problem and determined it is the Climate Control Module. They have ordered the part and it will be installed tomorrow. I will post the cost (though I have and extended warranty which covers it) and if it is successful in solving the problem if you would like.

BTW, in my case, stopping the car, turning off the engine, waiting 30 seconds, then restarting the engine solved the problem temporarily for me. On another website, I found a second temporary solution which worked the one time I tried it - that is, turn the temperature control to the highest setting on both sides, then lower to the temperature which you normally keep it - in my case 70 degrees. But neither solve the problem permanently. I'll find out in the next few days if replacing the Climate Control Module is the permanent solution I need.

The following 4 users liked this post by JohnBurns:
361gayle (12-23-2012), Dimension247 (05-11-2011), speedwaymike (09-14-2013), stevestoy (12-31-2013)

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning blowing hot and cold