S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been gone for a while and am back with a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamondrmp

Some of you say that the fuel injection cleaning is not necessary. Well, check out the TSB.
The TSB says this:

Issue:
Some vehicles may exhibit hesitation during acceleration or a rough idle. The MIL may also be illuminated.

Action:
In case of a customer complaint of the above condition, follow the workshop procedure outlined below.

That clearly means that it's to be done in case of a customer complaint related to the issues listed, and is not routine maintenance.

It then specifies

Note: If any of the following DTCs: P0300 to P0308, P0171 or P0174
are present, check for loose intake components.

Your code was related to a bad coil, not bad injectors. To prove that the improved idle was from the injector cleaning, have the shop reinstall the bad coil.(Just kidding)

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It wasn't routine maintenance but the TSB clearly relates to an issue I had and did not realize it was a problem. As I pointed out in another reply in this thread the car has always had a little shake during idle. Since getting her back I can't tell she is even running thats how smooth she idles now.

The re-flash I understand after his explanation. I used to have my own Victory Motorcycle customizing business and I did many downloads on bikes and TSB downloads. That is what the re-flash was that they charged me for.

If you think about it he did not have to respond to my email or call me today. He took the time to explain and show hard proof of what and why things were recommended. Another thing is he has a 7 bay shop and when I went there every bay was full with European cars including Land Rover, and Ferrari.

I am a big believer in patronizing someone that is stand up and does the right thing. I now believe that Stewart's Automotive is a good place and will continue taking my business there.

My point of replying in the threa was to clarify the labor charges. I was up in arms about being screwed and in actuality the labor time was justified by the work I APPROVED.

Also I have seen a lot of threads regarding rough idle and if it is a simple fuel injection cleaning hopefully this post will help someone out.