Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 1999 - 2008

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Default doors won't lock with remote

2000 s type - my doors always locked and unlocked with both remote and key in door. i installed a new battery and the anti-theft security system would not let me start the car. I researched how to reset and found this: lock doors from inside, unlock door from outside with key and start car. I put the drivers side window down, reached in and manually locked the door. i then inserted the key into drivers door and unlocked the doors. i inserted the key in the inition and the car started. Great! But since I did this, the remote will not lock the doors. when I click the remote the doors lock and immediately unlock. so i sat in the car and locked the doors with the remote. when i did this i noticed that the passanger and rear doors locked but the drivers side did not. and then the doors unlocked after 2 seconds. i tried it again and when the three doors locked and manually locked the drivers door. then all the doors stayed locked. so i unlocked the doors from the inside and got out. i tried to lock with the remote but the doors still do not stay locked. i have to manually lock with the key. I think is something with the way i locked and locked the doors when trying to get the car to start. Any ideas??
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM

It might be as simple as one of the doors not closed all that way. Might try opening all the doors and slamming them shut including the trunk. Had a similar problem with my car and I think it was a dirty door sensor. I sprayed the driver door latch with some electrical cleaner to get it to work better.
The Following User Says Thank You to sprdav33 For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 AM

thanks for the info. however, the doors work fine. it's only since i locked the drivers door manually from the inside and then unlocked the drivers door from the outside with the key. it's definitely something to do with that and the way the remote now behaves. maybe i will take the battery cables off again and try to start without locking the drivers side first

thanks again
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM

A master reset might do the trick. Whenever I disconnect the battery I forget about the alarm reprogram. I will open the door. The alarm will go off and I frantically search for the remote to shut if off.
The Following User Says Thank You to sprdav33 For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 PM

Default master reset

how do i perform a master reset?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 4,885 Times in 4,275 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarlady03 View Post
how do i perform a master reset?
To do a hard (master) reset disconnect the battery earth lead and hold the lead on the battery positive post for ten seconds. When you reconnect the earth lead do so cleanly, don't dither.

Remember - if you need and don't have a radio security code you're in trouble. (very few US Jaguars are fitted with a coded radio)

What this does:
Resets ECM defaults including fuel trims
Resets many other electronic modules

What it doesn't do:
Erase any module programming (re-flashes etc)

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 01-27-2013 at 05:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,272 Posts

And only clears codes from the PCM.

May confuse EPB if the car has one. Follow its reset process if so.

Redo one-touch windows if desired.
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)
The Following User Says Thank You to JagV8 For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 AM

as far as the radio ...... it ALWAYS turns on automatically when i reconnect the battery. is that standard or is does that indicate the radio has a security code?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM

i reconnected my battery and car went into anti-theft mode. with key in ignition trying to start - it wouldn't and alarm sounded. i received an suggestion to lock drivers door from the inside, then disconnect battery and wait 10 minutes. then reconnect battery and unlock drivers door with key. i followed that suggestion and the car did start with no prob. BUT since i did that, the drivers door does not respond to the key fob. there is a click inside the door at the actuator. the three other door locks but unlock with a second because the drivers door wont lock. any suggestions? the sequence i followed seems to have messed with the signal to the drivers door.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM

Default remote doesn't unlock drivers door

i failed to mention that the auto-lock when car is engaged into 'Drive' no longer works either. The actuator does click in the door when the remote is used. seems to be a issue with the door sensor. any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member

Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,272 Posts

Sounds like the door lock solenoid. See previous threads for detailed help.
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)
The Following User Says Thank You to JagV8 For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

jaguarlady, I have to agree with JagV8 above.

It may be coincidental that your actuator failed at the same time you had the battery replaced (post #1).

If you read the link I have attached below. We had a similiar problem with the locks (nothing to do with the battery). From what I know, if a door lock actuator fails (as ours did) the computer will lock doors (via key FOB) then a few seconds later unlock them, must be a saftey type thing(?). I replaced our bad actuator (not a job for the timid) and that solved our automatic lock/unlock issue.

Rear Door Lock Actuator Fix W/Pics FAQ

Rick

2005, S Type 3.0
71,781 miles
The Following User Says Thank You to joycesjag For This Useful Post:
jaguarlady03 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Tags
2000, 2003, door, doors, driver, drivers, jaguar, lock, remote, side, stype, type, unlock, wont, xk8