Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 1999 - 2008

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Default ipod integration in place of cd changer

I would like to change out my 6 disk changer, with an ipod. Does anyone have any advise about aftermarket solutions. I found a cable ( see photo) which I am hoping will just plug in in place of the cd changer in the trunk and give me integration and control. What I am not sure of if it will just plug right in, or if I need an adapter. Any advice would be great
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cable.pdf (138.3 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-14-2009, 01:10 PM

I can't offer any advice. But I do wish you luck and will be eager to hear of your success! I read the PDF but I don't fully understand. Does the ipod have to be plugged in the trunk or is there a cable that runs to the console? How does the ipod get operated? do the cd changer functions operate the ipod and no longer the cd changer?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. My newely aquired Y2K S Type has the 6 disc in the glove box and the box doesn't have any room left so I want it gone. Since it also has the cassette in the dash, I want to find one of those adapters to put in the cassette player and run the Ipod off that for now. Sooner or later I'll replace the dash unit with one that suits my tastes & needs better. I much rather run off an Ipod than any disc player. I have a radio adapter where you set the radio station and brodcast your mp3 or Ipod into your radio, but you will loose some clarity. I use that mainly when going in other peoples cars who do not have MP3 adapters.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 AM

Default ACM Module

Jaguar has an integrated Audio Connectivity Module that provides connections for both ipods and usb drives. It installs with or without the cd changer and does require a reprogram.

Been discussed here earlier on other threads.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 AM

Tags
audio, cd, changer, changerjaguar, connections, connectivity, disk, ipod, jaguar, kit, manual, module, radio, type, xj8