S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s type audio/bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s type audio/bluetooth

I have a question. I just purchased an s-type and it has a premium sound system/cd changer. I can not eject the cartidge on the changer and am also curious bluetooth is standard on all that have premium sound systems with a chaner. When I press the phone button it says " no phone"

Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you paired your phone with the car?

This is for my car (2005 S-Type) and my phone (Blackberry 8330). If it doesn't work for you, it will give you an idea.
Car:
Enter ##3#*# using the keypad and press the green Send/End icon (“Discover me” appears on the screen)

Phone:
Select "Options"
Select "Settings"
Select "Bluetooth"
Select "Add device"
Highlight Jaguar
Enter PIN 1313 and press "OK"
NOTE: During pairing please use the PIN 1313.

I also have the option of using ##1#*# as the pairing commend. This one won't time out whereas the one using the "3" times-out after about 5 minutes.

Once you've paired the two, they should link up automatically when you get in the car and turn on the ignition. There's a book available. Check:

http://www.jaguar.com/us/en/#/owner_...ent_literature

Eric

Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyU
I have a question. I just purchased an s-type and it has a premium sound system/cd changer. I can not eject the cartidge on the changer and am also curious bluetooth is standard on all that have premium sound systems with a chaner. When I press the phone button it says " no phone"
Bluetooth is not standard on any sound system. It is a separate feature even on Nav equipped cars.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by pastor-badger
There's an important distinction to be made between blutooth and the phone. If it it says "No Phone", it is likely taking about the branded Jaguar built-in phone that (where equipped) can be found in the armrest, and not the bluetooth link to the phone in your pocket.

If your car thinks it has a physical phone, and you don't, I'm pretty sure the dealer will have to enlighten the car about that fact before bluetooth will work.
The "No Phone" message simply means that there is no phone module. The bluetooth system in a Jaguar is a combination of the phone module (the same one for the console mounted phone) and a bluetooth module. The phone manual that I have is on my home PC, it is a simple PDF and I will post it here when I can....

Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 PM

That's not strictly true. Every once in a while I get a "No BT phone" message on my screen. The solution is to pull the phone battery and put it back in the phone. This causes a hard reset and then all is well.

I guess what I'm saying is that the "No BT phone" message describes a state of affairs depending on what's hooked up in the car. For a first time user without knowlege of what the installation is, "No BT phone" is like saying "Sky is up"...technically accurate but maybe not very revealing as I get the same message when I'm not paired or when the phone isn't in the car.

Eric

Last edited by Toller; 11-09-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

This is going to sound like splitting hairs here, but the "No BT Phone" is a different message than the "No Phone" message on the head unit. The "No Phone" message is generic for no phone module. It is also displayed when the phone module goes bad. I'm attaching the the phone module installation instructions. This is helpful for people who are wondering if their car has the phone or not. It shows where the modules are installed plus lists all the components. I'll also attach the phone operation manual. I hope this clears up people's confusion about the phone system.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jaguar_Phone_Install.pdf (935.2 KB, 5384 views)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM

I know that there are actually 2 different messages...."No phone" and "No BT phone." However, I have actually seen both in my car so the presence of BT capability doesn't preclude the other message. I suspected that the original poster, a new Jaguar owner, could confuse one for the other. The fastest way to deal with it was to try to pair the phones. If they pair, problem solved. If they don't pair, he's either missing the module or something is wrong.

In my case, "No phone" commonly happens when I've used the phone in the truck and forgotten to shut off the BT (it's a Parrot unit....not integral to the vehicle) when I leave it. The vehicles are parked side by side and 25 feet from where I leave the phone overnight. The result is that my phone is connected to the one when I'm trying to start use of the other. Since the vehicles are side by side, the BT units conflict and the Jaguar BT just shuts down in confusion.

Eric

Old 11-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Veteran member

That's the first I've heard of that. It sounds like a real isolated issue. I'm 90% percent sure that "johnnyU" simply doesn't have the phone installed. Most of users I've talked to hear assume that since the radio has a "phone" button on it, it has a phone. Actually, most S Types I've seen don't have the phone.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Help!!!:)

I have been searching this amazing site to try to learn about my car.. just bought a 2004 x type. Not sure if it has the voice activation or if I can use my phone with it? When I press the phone on the dash it states no phone, when I press it on my steering wheel it mutes. I see that there is a code to push for the S type.. I tried that hoping that it would work, nope.. it didnt. I feel silly but someone please help! I am also trying to set the correct am/pm for the clock and assign preset radio stations. Needless to say, I am one lost cookie. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you all for posting to this forum..it is highly educational and much fun to read!
Denise

Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

If you have Bluetooth look for the small microphone mounted next to the overhead console. If you have this then you have BT. I have attached the BT microphone which is visible. Also the BT module which is not. The BT module is mounted inside the center console. It gets complicated when you add in Jaguar Voice and the PSE module. Both of these are mounted behind the CD changer in the trunk or boot.

Attached Thumbnails s type audio/bluetooth-bluetooth-microphone.jpg   s type audio/bluetooth-bluetooth-module.jpg  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by lparlette
I am a new member and having the exact same issue described here with the phone feature. I was hoping to view the pdf attachments that were posted by JOsworth on November 10, 2009. However, when I try to pull them up I get a message telling me I am not authorized to view them. Presumably, this is due to the fact I am still in the waiting period. Is there a way to view them prior to the waiting period expiring? I read that the system administrator can manually override this requirement. But, I did not see any instruction on how to contact the system adminstrator about such an issue. Thanks!
PM me... I'll gladly e-mail them to you. Please be patient with the rules...Trust me, this forum is MUCH better since they did that. Lot's of spammers and such before the change.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
This is going to sound like splitting hairs here, but the "No BT Phone" is a different message than the "No Phone" message on the head unit. The "No Phone" message is generic for no phone module. It is also displayed when the phone module goes bad. I'm attaching the the phone module installation instructions. This is helpful for people who are wondering if their car has the phone or not. It shows where the modules are installed plus lists all the components. I'll also attach the phone operation manual. I hope this clears up people's confusion about the phone system.
How do I view your attachments for pairing BT device - The forum is not allowing me to doble click to open? ( No Phone - message, when trying to pair 07 S-type)

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

There is a restriction placed on new user accounts that blocks attachments. Please be patient. This is to help secure this site from spammers. After a brief probation period you will get full functionality.

Are you positive that you have bluetooth? Remember from this thread, the presence of a phone button does not insure that you have the phone. All the radio units have the phone buttons.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:38 PM

If you are certain you have Bluetooth capability, the generic instructions on "pairing" are in the first few messages of this thread or...

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/extf...1151/index.htm

The simplest way to tell if you have Bluetooth is to look for the microphone, a surface mounted oblong device (approximately 1"x.5"x.5" LWH) on the overhead just forward and to the right of the seated driver.

If you have Bluetooth, you might also check

http://jaguar4.nextgen-technology.co...&lang=american

for guidance on the various Bluetooth devices.

Eric

Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 AM

quick question....does anyone know what type of speakers comes with the 2001 S Type?
what company or anything like that?

Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Cenzo
Hmm, I can't private message anyone and also cant view any of the asttached images. I have created an account but still no luck. Any ideas? I read the faq and it does not say anything about it.

I want to see the pic of the microphone and the module in post #11
Issue explained in Post#16

Quick Reply: s type audio/bluetooth