S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What annoys you most about your S-Type??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE *interior lights*

is there is any way to change the setting for the interior lights to come on when you pull the key from the ignition? every other vehicle I have been in when you pull the key the lights come on. it seems pointless for the lights to turn on when you open a door because when you need to make sure you have everything you have to sit there with the door open. if there is a way to set it so they go on when you pull key please let me know and I will be forever in your debt. thank you

Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
I don't believe you can, here are the instructions from the handbook in case you haven't read it.
Don't forget to post your intro in the new members section.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
on the road.pdf (153.1 KB, 182 views)
The following users liked this post:
Carleatspopcorn (04-04-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Carleatspopcorn - you can't have been in many cars!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

What annoys me the most? The sagging headliner, the broken sunglass case, the squeaky suspension, the bad windshield wipers, the ..... whatever! As soon as I hit the gas and hear that well-tuned exhaust, all worries go away! I love this car!

The following users liked this post:
Norri (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by JagV8
Carleatspopcorn - you can't have been in many cars!
LOL, this is true as well! all I can say is I haven't noticed it in other cars, however it leads me to believe I would notice it due to how much this irritates me!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee-eye
Love my '05 S-type 4.2 VDP. But the most annoying things?
1. The astonishingly crappy factory aluminum lug wrench as applied to the factory lug nuts. Lug wrench was ruined by the third lug nut it had ever touched, and the stainless steel (?) skin on the lug nut had rotated on the inner nut.
2. The long beeps that are sounded when sitting in traffic or moving slowly to turn left, etc. Probably a malfunction of the parking sensors but hitting the mute button for the parking sensors does nothing.
3. Maybe that there are three kinds of mismatched wood in the car -- all lovely wood, but just not matched: the nice burl walnut(?) dash and console wood in a warm reddish stain, the nice burl steering wheel wood in a dark brownish stain, and the shifter knob in wood stained lighter than the dash (and not burl, but I wouldn't really expect that). The mismatched wood has grown on me -- it's all real wood (veneer at least) and the differences almost make it seem "woodier" and more natural. (I find fake wood-look plastic revolting.)
I agree with the wood not matching! Also I always wondered what that long beep was? I have heard it twice now and instantly checked fuel gauge, coolant temp gauge, and made sure my seatbelt was on. What is that and why does it do it?

Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

The only long beep I can quickly think of is in many threads (and I think also the handbook) and says the parking aid is unhappy, thus disabled.

I recommend people not put faults (other then those present all the time in every vehicle, essentially design faults) in this thread.

Last edited by JagV8; 04-08-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 things I really can't stand but I do like the car a lot, soon or later I will sell it because of these issue.
1. The rear axle whine with no fix available.

2. The random EPB failure, it seems to happen at the worst times. Had battery checked out several times, reset module several times, EPB motor good, cables lubed. Only thing I can think of is an armature short in the motor which shows only if the motor stops at one certain place.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Radio Reception Sucks

My number one pet peeve is that radio reception is terrible. Rarely do I have have a completely clear signal and have had to tune-out the static always in the back ground.

I agree on the no dipstick for the transmission too.

This is the best and my most favorite car I have ever owned. Nothing is perfect and with these oddities, a pleasure to drive and own.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing.

Stupid thread btw.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The super small almost unreadable LCD panel in my 2003 STR
My BIGGEST annoyance is that where I NEED the power , I cant get it.
The box refuses to change above 5200 in 1st and no matter how you do it , it "short shifts" to 2nd , thus not allowing me full power from the stop lights..
2nd also does not let me go to redline , it gets to around 5700 and then shifts , but 3rd does..
Redline in 3rd is faster than I want to go...

Old 04-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Corv
Nothing.

Stupid thread btw.
Really?

Originally Posted by Rodney Gold
The super small almost unreadable LCD panel in my 2003 STR
My BIGGEST annoyance is that where I NEED the power , I cant get it.
The box refuses to change above 5200 in 1st and no matter how you do it , it "short shifts" to 2nd , thus not allowing me full power from the stop lights..
2nd also does not let me go to redline , it gets to around 5700 and then shifts , but 3rd does..
Redline in 3rd is faster than I want to go...
Have you tried in sport mode?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Today the most annoying thing is that I cannot find one to buy.

If after I do find one the beautiful wood is not as if from the same batch, I am going to be disappointed.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 AM

I have tried sports mode , traction control on/off , revving against the brake , using the tranny in 2 .. no joy.
I am having ZF do a fluid change (60k mi) and they will have Jag reflash the tranny , maybe that will help.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

The fact that I can't lock the transmission in second when running on a
Autocross course. Auto shifting from 1st to 2nd prevents me from using the
power when I need it most.

Even being able to keep it in 1st would be fine but no it's going to upshift whether I want it to or not.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carleatspopcorn
is there is any way to change the setting for the interior lights to come on when you pull the key from the ignition? every other vehicle I have been in when you pull the key the lights come on. it seems pointless for the lights to turn on when you open a door because when you need to make sure you have everything you have to sit there with the door open. if there is a way to set it so they go on when you pull key please let me know and I will be forever in your debt. thank you
Is this your first car? Every car I've owned the interior lights came on when you opened the door. I just bought a 2014 Dodge Dart and the lights come on when I open the door.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Carleatspopcorn
You have 2 reading map lights and a central one near the rearview mirror you can switch on if you need light in the car with the door closed...

Old 05-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Angry Lack of available manuals etc.....

Bought Chltons online..sucks - no help - Can't find paper book...

2005 s-type 4.2 and cannot find what fuses run the fuel pump and where they are located...

Can't keep parking brake from locking up continuously!!!

Spent $1100 USD to make cold air come out...compressor runs, has refrigerant, but blows hot air wide open and no adjusting!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easily the most annoying...its the cupholders. Rediculous. Cant even fit a normal bottle water.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

The headlamps...

Paid ~$1400 to have one entirely replaced last year (due to the droop effect, won't do that again, kept the bad one to practice on when the droop next hits... :-), and the "igniter" replaced for the other one under warranty (can't figure why a failed "igniter" is covered but the droop wasn't).

The repaired one has been unreliable ever since when it fails to light up for no apparent reason. Has done it 1/2 dozen times since the repair last summer. Has always started lighting up again after a couple of days so never had a reason to take it back to the dealer.

Oh, the color of the lights has always been slightly off. The new one is whiter and the repaired one a little brown-er. Dealer had no explanation when I asked them stated that all HID bulbs were the same.
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Quick Reply: What annoys you most about your S-Type??