S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 S-Type airbag light and seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 S-Type airbag light and seat belt chime

Hey guys, new here but I did look and found that there are people who had similar issues of airbag light staying on and no-one had a specific answer on what it could be, mine is little different.
as everyone else's when started it flashes and goes off then the airbag sign stays on; and when it stays on the seat belt chime goes off and I have my seat belt fastened. It has been doing this for a while now and it is just random it comes on one day and it do not the other. Have already went to the dealer making a special 100miles trip for this twice and they say they cannot find anything on this because it is not on at the moment and yes both the time I went there the lights were not on.
is there anything I can do to see if that would help? I am not mechanically savvy.. I read somewhere that the harness under the seat; if you pull it out and plug it back in it will reset that problem and there were hand full of people online who said on the same page that they tried and it helped them but I cannot see any kind of wire under my seat that I can pull out and plug it back in.
any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

4 bolts hold the seat down, very easy removal! There is also a electrical plug on the seat itself behind the plastic trim cover where the backrest meets the seat cushion. BEWARE the plastic tabs that hold the cover in place BREAK very easily! But wouldn't the dealer have check those for you? The electrical connections that is.

Last edited by joycesjag; 04-19-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: damn danielsaturd momnet
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by joycesjag
4 bolts hold the seat down, very easy removal! There is also a electrical plug on the seat itself behind the plastic trim cover where the backrest meets the seat cushion. BEWARE the plastic tabs that hold the cover in place BREAK very easily! But wouldn't the dealer have check those for you? The electrical connections that is.
thankyou for your reply.
well i read that after my second visit from the delear. i think they just pluged the error reader and looked for the codes i do have that sheet i think the one with all the codes i will post the codes tonight.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Count the flashes and write them down for future reference (Blink Codes or Flash Codes) and post the DTC readout from the dealer.

bob gauff

Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Count the flashes and write them down for future reference (Blink Codes or Flash Codes) and post the DTC readout from the dealer.

bob gauff
you mean to count how many times it blinks before going solid right?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Sometimes the MIL blinks a code in a series of flashes before solid illumination.

bob gauff

Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Sometimes the MIL blinks a code in a series of flashes before solid illumination.

bob gauff
ohh ok thank you.
i tried to note down the blinks and the pattern while i was on my way to work but it didnot do this morning and if it does on my way back home i will post the number of blinks and the code that was given to me by the dealer.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 PM

Here is the blink pattern:

4 1 5 5 1 5 1 5 1 stayput

here is the code that I got from the dealer:

X204 engine Control Module DTC - Summary V6

Permanent P0480 Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Malfunction

Permanent P1260 Security Input - Engine Disable

Permanent P1582 Flight Recorder Data is Stored

Permanent P1632 Generator Charge System Failure/Generator Load Feedback Circuit Failure

Historic P0172 System Too Rich (Bank 1)

Historic P0175 System Too Rich (Bank 2)

Historic P0300 Random Misfire Detecte
d

Historic P0301 Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected

Are the ones that say historic; does that mean that they are already fixed but they are stored only as a history data or is that something needs to be fixed? What about the permanent errors? can they be fixed or those are not a big deal? and if I need to fix them how much would I be looking at ( Closest Dealer from my home is Millennium Motors in Dallas, who is also a authorized dealer).

Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Can you think of any reasons why they didn't read the codes relating to airbags? Only reading the "engine Control Module " has to be about as crazy as anyone can get!! IIRC, the RCM (restraints control module) would be the one to read.

I'd think the airbag (SRS) flash codes are on the net or in JTIS but I don't recall where. Maybe someone will chime in. Did the dealer not know what the pattern means?

For the other codes, get a copy of JTIS if you haven't already and they're described in detail there. JTIS is something that's very useful for all manner of things related to your jag.

edit: found a TSB giving the SRS flash codes

But the forum is just hanging when I try to upload it

It takes a LONG time and then the popup for attachments says:
s-type-JTB00060v2.pdf:
Upload of file failed.

pah.

Last edited by JagV8; 04-21-2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: found TSB
Old 04-21-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by jagv8
Can you think of any reasons why they didn't read the codes relating to airbags? Only reading the "engine Control Module " has to be about as crazy as anyone can get!! IIRC, the RCM (restraints control module) would be the one to read.

I'd think the airbag (SRS) flash codes are on the net or in JTIS but I don't recall where. Maybe someone will chime in. Did the dealer not know what the pattern means?

For the other codes, get a copy of JTIS if you haven't already and they're described in detail there. JTIS is something that's very useful for all manner of things related to your jag.

edit: found a TSB giving the SRS flash codes

But the forum is just hanging when I try to upload it

It takes a LONG time and then the popup for attachments says:
s-type-JTB00060v2.pdf:
Upload of file failed.

pah.
can u email that to me 43ashish at gmail.com.
thanks you

Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

I'll upload it here when the forum's working.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 AM

thank you

Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
My airbag is reporting 1-9 flashes. I proceeded to remove the cover on the driver side as you mentioned above, but I do not see any plugs behind the cover. Please advise. Also, you are correct, you must be careful removing this cover. I found to remove it from the back side area by putting a flat blade screwdriver to release the upper inner snap. Removing from the front will break the plastic seating prongs.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails 05 S-Type airbag light and seat belt chime-dscn1521.jpg