S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air con pipe s type fixed metal pipe easy fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes wasting gas into the air is illeagal but for one im not doing that and 2 how would anyone know or proove that

About the copper fittings

I was told from a air con installer that i could just use copper fittings that use compression with olives that i use as i am a plummer

The problem was i could not the the right size

thanks

Old 04-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Received 6,243 Likes on 5,444 Posts

F me even a stupid plumber would know how to spell his own job title even if he couldn't do it very well.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by norri

F me even a stupid plumber would know how to spell his own job title even if he couldn't do it very well.

Sorry i typed that is an rush and as i mentioned before im no good at spelling never have been that does not been i cannot be good at anything.

It really amazes me how many people moan about spelling on hear even thougth it has nothing to do with what we arel on about as long as you can read it.

At least i did say at the start.

My air con pressure was with compressor on 27psi and with compressor off 37 psi

Any advice on what they should be

regards

Old 04-10-2010, 04:52 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ln69bt
Sorry i typed that is an rush and as i mentioned before im no good at spelling never have been that does not been i cannot be good at anything.

It really amazes me how many people moan about spelling on hear even thougth it has nothing to do with what we arel on about as long as you can read it.

regards
Well, it is hard to read...And spell check is built into this forum's functionality....But what people are really harping about is you are posting damaging advice that someone else just might try...Please stop...Maybe that's why no one is posting the pressure specs you are asking for....

Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regards
What are your high side readings?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Sorry i do not have a hi side guage.

And im just telling people what iv done iv not said its perfect or will keep working im just gonna let you guys know over time.

Im sure this is what the forum is for ideas help and thing people have tryed.

Thanks

Old 04-12-2010, 03:05 AM

Sorry i do not have a hi side guage.

And im just telling people what iv done iv not said its perfect or will keep working im just gonna let you guys know over time.

Im sure this is what the forum is for ideas help and thing people have tryed.

Thanks
Of course you don't have a high side gauge, idk why I asked. Well, you will just have to guess on charge level, although it won't do much good considering the moisture in the system.

And this forum is for spreading knowledge, not lack there of.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rianbechtold
Of course you don't have a high side gauge, idk why I asked. Well, you will just have to guess on charge level, although it won't do much good considering the moisture in the system.

And this forum is for spreading knowledge, not lack there of.

Seems its for for people moaning and being funny with everyone

Old 04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems its for for people moaning and being funny with everyone
If by "moaning and being funny" you mean advocating safe, effective and lasting repairs...you'd be right.

Just because it's worked for you, once, for five days so far, doesn't mean it's a good idea...

You mentioned "clips" to hold the fuel hose in your first post. Do you mean regular worm-drive hose clamps? I have a turbo MR2 and while it never happened to me, if you don't have a bead on the ends of your intake hoses (cheap custom ones may not), you can have hoses blow off at only 15-20psi. It sounds like whatever fastening device you're using is being subjected to 200+ psi, and it's probably not up to the job long term. I really hate to imagine any car, much less a Jag, subjected to such repair work

Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Nice comeback crt. Very to the point. I'm sorry, In69bt, if you are frustrated with this forum. What you will find is we don't advocate what I call "bubble gum and duct tape" repairs. We are mainly a group of people that are enthusiasts of the brand. I may joke with my posts but only after reasoning has been ruled out. "rian*" happens to be a pretty knowledgeable mechanic. Any of his questions here are always over my head. I personally am what would be considered a "shade tree" mechanic. I do my own service and repairs but have my limitations. I think the main issue here is that users were critical of an idea to save a penny that proved to be incorrect. Instead of accepting the flaws you argued the point despite well documented proof of those flaws. We will throw out constant counter points to stop others from doing damage to their cars. To be honest, after the first "I wouldn't do that" post was ignored we could care less if you ruin the air conditioning system in your own car. We just care that someone else coming here for help doesn't ruin their car in the process.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

+1 on that!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

I would like to make it clear that i would not tell anyone its a good ideal and to do it as i have not yet seen the result in time and from other peoples comments neather has anyone else.

If it lasts 6-8 months then leaks i would be happy if it gets me throught the summer i will keep posting the resluts and that and time will only proove if the pipe is up to the job and will hold.

Thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Veteran member

I hear this metal pipe leaks on alot of these cars and just wanted to tell people an easy cheap fix for it.

Any help on how much gas the car should have will be a real help.

Sorry for spelling/grammer no good at it just trying to help people as they have me.

Thank you
Then please re-read your original post...... I have provided an excerpt for you. This is why people reacted the way they did... Honestly, ruin your own car if you wish....

Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

Hello people just updating been using the car all weekend and with more hot weather a real surprise for hear in april iv had the air con on all the time.

Still working very well nice and cold cools the car down in no time

pressures are still reading the same as before

regards

Old 04-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

Hello people just updating been using the car all weekend and with more hot weather a real surprise for hear in april iv had the air con on all the time.

Still working very well nice and cold cools the car down in no time

pressures are still reading the same as before

regards
Woo Hoo, what a week?????
Write us back in a year that it works.....Yea...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Woo Hoo, what a week?????
Write us back in a year that it works.....Yea...
Not to play devil's advocate here... But with the pressures in the A/C system, if he was going to leak refrigerant he prob would have done so by now... It's not going to blow a line off, it would have done so already.

It very well may last a year, until the r134 corrodes the pipe, or the fitting and he loses all the refrigerant at once. What he will probably do is corrode the condenser (never got the moisture out of the system) and wreak havoc on the bearings inside the compressor - he's guessing at high side pressures. Don't forget it still hasn't gotten HOT yet (well maybe it has for the UK), remember pressure is a function of temperature...

George

Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by androulakis
Not to play devil's advocate here... But with the pressures in the A/C system, if he was going to leak refrigerant he prob would have done so by now... It's not going to blow a line off, it would have done so already.

It very well may last a year, until the r134 corrodes the pipe, or the fitting and he loses all the refrigerant at once. What he will probably do is corrode the condenser (never got the moisture out of the system) and wreak havoc on the bearings inside the compressor - he's guessing at high side pressures. Don't forget it still hasn't gotten HOT yet (well maybe it has for the UK), remember pressure is a function of temperature...

George

Hello thanks for that my frend who works at nationwide now has an air con machine so i think im gonna take it down get him to give it an air con service vacume clean it out as people have said to do on hear.

Also where the pipe is gets very hot as its very close to the engine weather this makes a difference to the temprature outside im not sure but it must be alot hotter in there than it ever will be in the uk :P.

thanks

Old 04-21-2010, 02:49 AM

Hello thanks for that my frend who works at nationwide now has an air con machine so i think im gonna take it down get him to give it an air con service vacume clean it out as people have said to do on hear.

Also where the pipe is gets very hot as its very close to the engine weather this makes a difference to the temprature outside im not sure but it must be alot hotter in there than it ever will be in the uk :P.

thanks

Screw being delicate, I'll just be frank.

If your friend touches that ac system with his equipment, he is a moron. Your system is now contaminated and should be evacuated with basically a junk machine before it is serviced by a machine that touches properly maintained, non-hack job vehicles.

Where did this friend come from, why not just got to his shop in the first place? Or is he another moron that bought a used reclaiming machine and now calls himself an AC tech?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Banned

If your friend touches that ac system with his equipment, he is a moron. Your system is now contaminated and should be evacuated with basically a junk machine before it is serviced by a machine that touches properly maintained, non-hack job vehicles.

Where did this friend come from, why not just got to his shop in the first place? Or is he another moron that bought a used reclaiming machine and now calls himself an AC tech?
No this person works for nationwide auto centers and they have got the machine in they have been waiting for.

Are you saying that using the machine to clean it out would damage it as i forght thats what its for and shorly from other leaks in cars in the past it could of managed to get water into the systems

Yet again your just not really being helpful and more just insulting people

Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Veteran member

Rian: Just stop commenting....There is enough traffic here that this thread will just dissapear.... If after all the warnings that you put in here if someone else is as foolish to try and repair their own car with this "bubble gum and duct tape" repair they deserve the damage they will do....It is obvious that your valid advice is falling on deaf ears....

Quick Reply: Air con pipe s type fixed metal pipe easy fix