Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Pairing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Bluetooth Pairing.

Hi Guys,

I was looking to pair my phone via Bluetooth to my car but didn't have any success. I tried as mentioned in Manual (PDF downloaded from JaguarUSA.com).

It says something like, start your car and try to find a device "Ford Car" in your phone, once found, try to connect to that and use 0000 passcode to connect and your are done pairing.

But my phone can't seem to find any bluetooth device to connect to. I think there might be one of two issues?
My car does not have bluetooth device?
It might not be in discoverable mode (If it manually needs to be put on discoverable mode)?

Its VIN is "SAJEA01T84FM98920"

Can anybody tell if it comes with Bluetooth. If Yes what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
Rizwan [/LIST]

Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Over the driver's head, on the right and a little forward of directly overhead, there should be a surface mounted bit of plastic that is about an inch long and a half inch in width and and stands out about a hald inch from the surface. That's the microphone. If you don't have the microphone, you don't have Bluetooth. Since you have an 04, ..... maybe.

You can call a Jaguar dealer and they can tell you if your VIN has an option.

Also, go to http://jaguar4.nextgen-technology.co...&lang=american

Once there, you can enter your VIN and find the Bluetooth phones that are tested and found to be fully, partially, or not compatible with your car....if you have Bluetooth.

Last edited by Toller; 08-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Toller,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I've been searching web and playing with my car for around 4-5 hour without success. But........

Originally Posted by Toller
Over the driver's head, on the right and a little forward of directly overhead, there should be a surface mounted bit of plastic that is about an inch long and a half inch in width and and stands out about a hald inch from the surface. That's the microphone. If you don't have the microphone, you don't have Bluetooth. Since you have an 04, ..... maybe.
That's not there so I think I'm not lucky to have it. I wonder why they put 100s of phone buttons if Bluetooth is optional and not present, they must not be there too.

You can call a Jaguar dealer and they can tell you if your VIN has an option.
I just read this http://www.bcdonline.com/Jaguar/jagu...ng_special.htm

"(Available S-TYPE 2003 model year and up from VIN M89854)" but my VIN is M98920

Also, go to http://jaguar4.nextgen-technology.co...&lang=american

Once there, you can enter your VIN and find the Bluetooth phones that are tested and found to be fully, partially, or not compatible with your car....if you have Bluetooth.
I also checked that link before posting here and my phone was FULLY compatible but of no use if there is no BT in Car

Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 PM

I'll see again in the morning and post a pic tomorrow if I have that mic or not.

Thanks again,
Rizwan

Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

At your VIN it is very unlikely you have BT. Dealer can confirm but do not expect a "yes".

The following users liked this post:
dennis black (02-01-2014)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 AM

Bluetooth is not hard to add. It's not inexpensive but it can be added. The button is there should you wish to add the capability...and so they can save $ by having a single design.

With that VIN, your car was made after the change to Bluetooth was made. That doesn't mean that the option exists in every car.

Eric

Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks Guys,

I saw my car again this morning. Its roof has 2 mic like things above Seat. I'll post pics in the evening after getting back from office.

Is it enough to Call Dealer, tell them VIN and they can tell me if my car has BT or not?

Once again. Thanks for answering.

Best Regards,
Rizwan

Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Have you tried this:

http://jaguar4.nextgen-technology.co...&lang=american

I can't seem to know if my car has bluetooth using that link but I think Its supposed to tell.

Also, do we manually need to turn car's bluetooth in discoverable mode (if yes, how?) or it does that as we start the car?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rizwan

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Also in the ceiling are sensors for the safety systems. The only thing that indicates BT is enabled is the 1" by .5" by .5" plastic device that is mounted external to the head liner.

That site simply tells you which BT phones are compatible with your car(BT). It doesn't indicate one way or the other whether you have BT installed so far as I know.

Your dealer can tell you.

Eric

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM

The only thing that indicates BT is enabled is the 1" by .5" by .5" plastic device that is mounted external to the head liner.
I have something like this in the middle of the car near around above the headrests of front seats but not where you are telling.

Thanks a lot Toller for all the info and help. Through what you guys have told, I think I don't have it but I have to go to Dealer to pick some part up, I'll also confirm this from them.

Thanks & Best regards,
Rizwan

Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Those will be the alarm ultrasonic sensors. You REALLY are unlikely to have BT. The dealer REALLY is the way to find out. Ask nicely for a full print-out of your car as built.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Thanks JagV8. I'll try to get it nicely from them but lets if they are nice enough to treat me the same way .

Thanks,
Rizwan

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default site to check vin #

Hi

Can someone provie the exact url hwere you ndter the last 6 digits of your car to check if it is equipped wth bluetooth

thaks

Marc