S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting Bluetooth

Old 10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Connecting Bluetooth

Hello everyone..
So I want to hook up my bluetooth to my 2005 jaguar S-Type R got any advice?? my phone comes with the blue tooth hook up i search for a connection and the car does not get picked up... you guys got any advice?

The following 2 users liked this post by jkosko:
Alqaisy (12-20-2020), Rogozskat (05-28-2018)
Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you talking about "pairing" your Bluetooth phone to the car? This needs to be done first.

Eric

Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Yes if that is what has to be done, how do i do this?? Ive used bluetooth before so i know how to connect to other phones....but what i need help on is gettin my car to show up on phone i do not know what button needs to be pushed to connect the two

Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM

This is for my car (2005 S-Type) and my phone (Blackberry 8330). If it doesn't work for you, it will give you an idea.
Car:
Enter ##3#*# using the keypad and press the green Send/End icon (“Discover me” appears on the screen)

Phone:
Select "Options"
Select "Settings"
Select "Bluetooth"
Select "Add device"
Highlight Jaguar
Enter PIN 1313 and press "OK"
NOTE: During pairing please use the PIN 1313.

I also have the option of using ##1#*# as the pairing commend. This one won't time out whereas the one using the "3" times-out after about 5 minutes.

Once you've paired the two, they should link up automatically when you get in the car and turn on the ignition. There's a book available. Check:

http://www.jaguar.com/us/en/#/owner_...ent_literature

Eric

The following 2 users liked this post by Toller:
blatzhtr (01-31-2023), Rogozskat (05-28-2018)
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
DBR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do all 2005 S-types have this? I do not have a R.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DBR
Do all 2005 S-types have this? I do not have a R.
Nope... It is an add on accessory... Quick easy way to tell, do you have a microphone on the headliner right next to the overhead console? No mic, no phone.....

Here is a picture of the microphone, it's the little box next to the overhead console.

Attached Thumbnails Connecting Bluetooth-12520594520.265918549.im1.09.565x421_a.562x421.jpg  

Last edited by JOsworth; 10-09-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Toller
This is for my car (2005 S-Type) and my phone (Blackberry 8330). If it doesn't work for you, it will give you an idea.
Car:
Enter ##3#*# using the keypad and press the green Send/End icon (“Discover me” appears on the screen)

Phone:
Select "Options"
Select "Settings"
Select "Bluetooth"
Select "Add device"
Highlight Jaguar
Enter PIN 1313 and press "OK"
NOTE: During pairing please use the PIN 1313.

I also have the option of using ##1#*# as the pairing commend. This one won't time out whereas the one using the "3" times-out after about 5 minutes.

Once you've paired the two, they should link up automatically when you get in the car and turn on the ignition. There's a book available. Check:

http://www.jaguar.com/us/en/#/owner_...ent_literature

Eric

OK I Also have a blackberry so all this should work, just one question how do i get to the keypad section on the car?? I have the mic in my car so im assuming i should have the same setup as you

Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jkosko
OK I Also have a blackberry so all this should work, just one question how do i get to the keypad section on the car?? I have the mic in my car so im assuming i should have the same setup as you
There shuld be a button with a phone on it beside your Nav screen on the left

Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 PM

when i hit that it tells me "Phone Not Fitted"
"This system does not have a phone fitted"

Old 10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

If you are following Tollers directions and nothing is working I think your car doesn't have the blue tooth option installed.
Mine came with a seperate owners manual just for the Blue tooth install.
You might drop by your nearest dealer and ask them, I am sure they will let you know for no charge.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

All the radio's have the phone button but if the module is not installed then that is the message you get. Now, if you do have the microphone I would be hollering at who ever sold you the car and ask what the heck happened to the phone module......

Oh yea, another question, is there a plug and bracket on the underside of your center console door? If there is, then you have the phone module but not the bluetooth module.... I thought all 05's were set up for bluetooth if the phone was installed, but that may not be true...

Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Maybe we need to confirm that your car has a Bluetooth capability.

In the head lining above the driver and passenger there are two small (smaller than a dime as I recall) circular vented openings. Those are not the Bluetooth microphone.

Instead, above the driver's head is a surface mounted component that is longer than it is wide or height. That's the microphone.

Eric

Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Yes I do have the speakers I saw the picture that was posted and it is exactly what my car looks like I believe I need to get the bluetooth enabled or get the hook up

Old 10-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Veteran member

Yes I do have the speakers I saw the picture that was posted and it is exactly what my car looks like I believe I need to get the bluetooth enabled or get the hook up
The bluetooth module is mounted under the console storage box. The console comes apart real easy. Just take the cover off, then remove the console box. You should see the bluetooth module installed. If it's there it may not be working properly. I would check with a dealer and see if they could help you.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:17 PM

The round vented things aren't speakers. If you don't have the surface mounted object that is about an 1 1/2 inches long by 1/2 in wide and sticking below the headliner by about a 1/2 inch, you don't have Bluetooth. That's the microphone. It'll be easier to tell if Bluetooth is installed from that than from removing the console.

The speakers used are also the entertainment speakers I believe.

Eric

Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Veteran member

After I posted the picture he said that he had the mic. That is why I told him to pull the console out to be sure he had the bluetooth module. Bluetooth is really two parts. The simple: There would be a phone module in the trunk and a separate bluetooth module in the console.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:59 AM

My apologies. I didn't see the photo message and he referred to "speakers."

It is certainly strange that the physical evidence (microphone) of Bluetooth is there yet he's getting the message that it's not installed. Why would anyone install the one and not the rest of the system? Curiouser and curiouser....

Eric

Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Toller
My apologies. I didn't see the photo message and he referred to "speakers."

It is certainly strange that the physical evidence (microphone) of Bluetooth is there yet he's getting the message that it's not installed. Why would anyone install the one and not the rest of the system? Curiouser and curiouser....

Eric
I have three theories about that. First is he has the hands free phone system that came with a Motorola V60 phone. Second is someone pulled the bluetooth module before the car was sold.. Ugly. Third is either the user isn't pairing it correctly or the module is bad. That's why I suggested that he pull the console and check.

And no apologies necessary. I've done a bunch of research on the phone system since that is the one thing I wanted to add. But way more money than I'm willing to spend. Got the SIRIUS system for 50 bucks. Works OK. I also have a Blueant speaker phone for now.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Japson - you almost for sure have no phone. Did you look at older posts to see if you're right about what's above the screen? There's a fair chance you're not

The following 2 users liked this post by JagV8:
Rogozskat (05-28-2018), zogg (11-29-2010)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Connecting Bluetooth