S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Jaguar EPC for download - Merry Belated Xmas!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Goerge, you're being a HUGE help in not only providing the unrestricted file download, but the advice on setup, 64-bit vs 32-bit OS questions from you and Buck both...it is appreciated.

If I get a chance, or if you want to do it, quote yourself and get all of your 'install help' instructions and tips in one post...either in your first one, or the last one here...it'll help out.

The following users liked this post:
chicho (12-28-2018)
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth

Downloaded and opened with Winrar... Dragged the two folders to C: (no directory) then dragged the shortcut to my desktop.. Click.. ADMIN / 123 and all opens fine..
Yes, that's exactly how it MUST be done (no deviations). Works great. Some of the Jag prices for spares are just shocking though..........

Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy
Goerge, you're being a HUGE help in not only providing the unrestricted file download, but the advice on setup, 64-bit vs 32-bit OS questions from you and Buck both...it is appreciated.

If I get a chance, or if you want to do it, quote yourself and get all of your 'install help' instructions and tips in one post...either in your first one, or the last one here...it'll help out.
I really don't have the time to sort through it all and do it today, however, if you want go ahead. I can sit down tomorrow and do it if you like.

George

Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Androulakis - thanks for your suggestion but the login screen only displays caps when I enter the 'Admin' - whether or not I type upper, lower or mixed case.

Tot - what do you mean my 'real' install location? I followed the instructions and have the two folders in C:\ so that is my install location. As default that .js var points to C:\\jepcv3\\EPC\\Data\\Files. Changing it to C:\\ made no difference.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
tot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by colinb
Tot - what do you mean my 'real' install location? I followed the instructions and have the two folders in C:\ so that is my install location. As default that .js var points to C:\\jepcv3\\EPC\\Data\\Files. Changing it to C:\\ made no difference.
I mean that login will not work if you did not install it directly into C: drive, but changing the rootFolder to place where you did fixes that. I didn't install it into C: and thus had to troubleshoot why login failed (I used a virtual machine with virtual network drive).

Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by colinb
Androulakis - thanks for your suggestion but the login screen only displays caps when I enter the 'Admin' - whether or not I type upper, lower or mixed case.

Colin,

What operating system ( and how many bits), default internet browser, and version of adobe flash do you have?

George

Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
Works just fine on Windows 7 64 bit. The confusion might be as to which file is used as the desktop icon.
I was finally able to get it working. Not sure why it didn't work as easily for me, but I copied a shortcut of JPECIndex to the desktop from the c:\JPEC\applications\JPEC\html directory and it worked.

Thanks, George!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cacloss
I was finally able to get it working. Not sure why it didn't work as easily for me, but I copied a shortcut of JPECIndex to the desktop from the c:\JPEC\applications\JPEC\html directory and it worked.

Thanks, George!
Good to hear!

It's snowing again here... So I may have some time to put together an install guide for people, since my car maintenance plans were ruined.

Take care

George

Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

H20 - I have a full guide with screenshots ready to post. Is there ANY way to insert a post at the top of this thread for me (or by me).

Or should I start a new thread we can sticky?

I'll PM you as well.

George

Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Veteran member

Great writeup George, and I'm going to be moving this thread in the next few days to a single location the General Tech Help forum, and hoping all model sections get a link added to their FAQ thread, I'll be taking care of the XK8-XKR myself.

If the RAR file ever gets taken down George, please let a mod know, and we'll find another place to host it and get the link updated. As Buck mentioned previously, the file is too large to host as one file on our jaguarforum Mediafire account, but perhaps the two folders separately may be possible...I may give it a try.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Veteran member

Works like a charm! But why are my frame sizes so much larger than yours?...its not tied to the width of the window either, anything smaller than 1028 wide starts chopping off my graphics? I couldn't see any 'settings', but maybe its in the flashplayer thing. I'll try an update.

Attached Thumbnails Full Jaguar EPC for download - Merry Belated Xmas!-image331.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by h20boy
Works like a charm! But why are my frame sizes so much larger than yours?...its not tied to the width of the window either, anything smaller than 1028 wide starts chopping off my graphics? I couldn't see any 'settings', but maybe its in the flashplayer thing. I'll try an update.

I think the frame size is hardcoded as a percentage of the screen.. Mine is the same way. I run my xp laptop 1024x768 and its like that, and my Win7 laptop 1400x1050 and it's the same way. I think the screen is divided into percentages as far as the frames, and there is no adjustment to be had. As a test try changing your screen resolution and see what happens. I bet it stays the same.

George

The following users liked this post:
H20boy (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

George,

You asked about my setup...

Default browser : Normally Chrome, but have tried with IE v7
Flash version : 10.1.103

This is frustrating as I cannot think why I should be having problems when others are using the same downloads fine with the same set up!

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fantastic. Works perfectly. Many thanks guys.

Had a problem at first but once I'd done it exactly as described (i.e. to drag the two files to c:\ and the shortcut to the desktop) it all logged on ok.
You must have the folders in the correct place for this to work.

Thanks again.

BTW, the log on is "ADMIN" in upper case. This would fail until I put the two folders in c:\

Last edited by GrahamS; 01-09-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you so much for that ! some of those prices are pretty obscene though !

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by oz1701
Thank you so much for that ! some of those prices are pretty obscene though !
That is for two

Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Well try as I might I still don't seem to be able to manage to get it running.

The downloaded file is 273 mb and win rar keeps giving the message 'unexpected end of archive'

When I double click the desktop unpacked EPC file I see JPEC and seem to be missing the other three files per the screen shot. No short cut, no Read me, and no jpecv3.

If I then double click the JPEC I go straight to Applications.

OS, Win 7 64 bit Premium Family (IN FRENCH).

I have tried 4 or 5 downloads to see if that made a difference, but am still missing the same 3 files/folders.

I'll fire up an XP laptop and try again.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Translator
Well try as I might I still don't seem to be able to manage to get it running.

The downloaded file is 273 mb and win rar keeps giving the message 'unexpected end of archive'

When I double click the desktop unpacked EPC file I see JPEC and seem to be missing the other three files per the screen shot. No short cut, no Read me, and no jpecv3.

If I then double click the JPEC I go straight to Applications.

OS, Win 7 64 bit Premium Family (IN FRENCH).

I have tried 4 or 5 downloads to see if that made a difference, but am still missing the same 3 files/folders.

I'll fire up an XP laptop and try again.
Let me know how it goes on XP - two thinks here, what browser are you using to download, and are you sure you have the x64 version of winrar. I don't understand why your archive is corrupting.

IF you cant get a clean download with an xp machine, let me know if you have an ftp client, I'll setup an FTP account for you to download it with.

George

Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

That RAR message indicates it didn't download properly. If it keeps being bad, try a different downloader (maybe wget), computer or something.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

This is fantastic! Great instructions...
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Full Jaguar EPC for download - Merry Belated Xmas!