S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding Ipod/Zune Adaptor or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help finding Ipod/Zune Adaptor or whatever

I hava a 2005 STR with no Nav just CD and 6 disc. I would like to hook up my Ipod or Zune. Where I got it tinted couldn't find anything????
Are there any kits. I really do not want to go through FM Mod.

I've been searching all posts, etc. I've even throught about adding Nav but I don't think that will help.

Thanx.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you need is the AUDIO CONNECTIVITY MODULE. I don't have one (yet), but it's supposed to allow directy Ipod connectivity, and other MP3 players via USB connection.

Places like Jaguarparts.com carry them, but they're not cheap. I believe the part number is: C2S 44674

Old 07-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,217 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Please do a search. When I added the ACM to my 2005 STR I posted full details. Not very hard. I think the price is too high about $320-$360 depending on who you get it from. You get a USB jack and a IPOD input and a pair of RCA jacks so you can really hook up anything.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Audio Connectivity Module Info
Thanx, but I only saw at Jaguar Parts.com for the XJ, this is a SType.
https://www.jaguarparts.com/catalog/...oducts_id=1129
from dension (info):
http://dension.com/jaguar/?agree=0&sc=0
Part number: C2S 44674

EBay has nothing????

Where can you get one, everything is dated 2006?

Stype brochure(?):
http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/...PEbrochure.pdf

x type use:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?p=25284

As for other postings, I did research them. Most seem incomplete, missing pictures and/or actual use of the device. Or not recent 2010?
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1393
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5870

And my dealer had no idea what I was talking about?

where did you get yours? Thanx.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

I researched this fully before installing it in my 2005 STR. There are several versions of the ACM out because the early ones did not work that good. The current one from Jaguar is very stable. So I would not get a used one and I never did find one on EBay in the states anyway. The UK EBay did and does have more of these spare modules. From the dealer you get an install kit.

I searched and found the ACM thread. Take a look for a lot of details:
http://tinyurl.com/2ddh5yv

Old 07-24-2010, 07:32 PM

Thanx. Wierd I just took my STR to Nalley (I'm in Atlanta) and my service advisor was the one who wasn't knowledgeable at all. I got my first Stype at Hennessey and will probably start going back. The Nalley dealership's service is really falling apart and the garage is looking worn and non-maintained. I took my first stype there over 2 dozen times and it got worse everytime.

(another post here), I took in my STR and asked about my glovebox and they wanted $120+ to look at it. And my advisor actually stated that he thought that the latch was part of the frame etc!!!! I ended up going to my JITS copy and taking it apart myself. It was the first time I took my STR there (though they know me) and I would have expected them to check the service bulletins, recalls, etc and actually advise me. They changed the oil, synthetic, for $130+. I felt violated when I left. I couldn't get them to check the car out for me, and I was willing to pay!!!!

Last edited by chrislynn5; 07-24-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Go to this location http://www.discountcarstereo.com/default.aspx and ask the online help and tell them your year care and make. I got an I-Pod connection for my xk8 and my s-type and they work great.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:49 PM

I see you have a 2000, that is a big difference to the 2005 I have. I think the cut off was 2002. I'll see what they have. Which product did you get? They have several, and accessories to go with.

Thanx.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Originally Posted by chrislynn5
I see you have a 2000, that is a big difference to the 2005 I have. I think the cut off was 2002. I'll see what they have. Which product did you get? They have several, and accessories to go with.

Thanx.
That was one of the reasons I did not offer the info on my connection. I asked them for the right device on both cars and to date I am pleased with the input from them and the products. I did get the connection to charge the I-Pod as i use it. Good Luck!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

I was just in Atlanta on Saturday picking up my 05 STR. How funny. I have the audio connectivity module but I'm probably not going to be using it. Let me get settled in to the car and see what I'm going to be doing. If you're not in a hurry we can talk in a couple of weeks. The one I have allows for a pair of RCA style inputs and the Ipod connector. It's in the center console box just as the installation manual describes.

Bob S.

Originally Posted by chrislynn5
Thanx. Wierd I just took my STR to Nalley (I'm in Atlanta) and my service advisor was the one who wasn't knowledgeable at all. I got my first Stype at Hennessey and will probably start going back. The Nalley dealership's service is really falling apart and the garage is looking worn and non-maintained. I took my first stype there over 2 dozen times and it got worse everytime.

(another post here), I took in my STR and asked about my glovebox and they wanted $120+ to look at it. And my advisor actually stated that he thought that the latch was part of the frame etc!!!! I ended up going to my JITS copy and taking it apart myself. It was the first time I took my STR there (though they know me) and I would have expected them to check the service bulletins, recalls, etc and actually advise me. They changed the oil, synthetic, for $130+. I felt violated when I left. I couldn't get them to check the car out for me, and I was willing to pay!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
I was just in Atlanta on Saturday picking up my 05 STR. How funny. I have the audio connectivity module but I'm probably not going to be using it. Let me get settled in to the car and see what I'm going to be doing. If you're not in a hurry we can talk in a couple of weeks. The one I have allows for a pair of RCA style inputs and the Ipod connector. It's in the center console box just as the installation manual describes.

Bob S.

How much you want for it?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Did you read the entire post? I'm not ready yet.

Here's what I'm thinking about doing.

I may add one of those bluetooth adapter kits from Parrot or someone else so that the stereo gets muted, there's a built in mic. and those typically have the Ipod and USB and maybe even a SDHC reader built into it.
If that's the case then I don't need this one. This one does Ipod, and RCA but I don't see any USB. I think the Jag one may provide a somewhat better integration with the cars existing system so that steering wheel buttons will allow some kind of a selection? I'm still investigating that. I want a USB interface so I can put a little flash drive in the center console. I'm not into an Ipod and SDHC cards are too small and fragile for my liking.

I also want to make sure that whatever system I end up with will be able to handle at least CD quality audio so again the Ipod is out.

I highly doubt any of these systems with handle any of the digital media formats superior to CD even if it is connected via the USB. But I'm looking.

Bob S.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

In case you don't find anything here, there are very detailed posts on the .co.uk forum as I recall (but I only glanced at them myself).

Old 07-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

I haven't been over there so thanks and I'll have a look.

Bob S.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by clubairth1
I researched this fully before installing it in my 2005 STR. There are several versions of the ACM out because the early ones did not work that good. The current one from Jaguar is very stable. So I would not get a used one and I never did find one on EBay in the states anyway. The UK EBay did and does have more of these spare modules. From the dealer you get an install kit.

I searched and found the ACM thread. Take a look for a lot of details:
http://tinyurl.com/2ddh5yv
Well I have been researching this on here, on the UK websate and elsewhere as well but I think you've done better than I have so far.

You mention several versions of this ACM being out there. I think I must have an earlier one as there is no blinking light on the interface box that mounts in the center console box. I also have no USB recepticle there.

This ACM is made by Dension and looks to be the equivalent of their Gateway 500 unit though mine may be an earlier version.
http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=274

The lack of USB has me puzzled so I sent them an inquiry about that. I suppose it's possible that the installer just didn't bother bringing the USB cable from the unit through to the center console but that seems an odd thing to do. Maybe the owner was a total IPOD fan and didn't want it there?? Without a USB interface you can't update the firmware which is illogical. So I think the installer just skipped the USB cable.

Do you have any further info on what the issues were with the earlier units? I'm only interested in USB so having thought I bought a car with the ACM installed I'm a bit dissapointed. The rest of the car is terrific so no bigge.

Tbird6 talked about the USB or even the IPOD for that matter being equal to CD sound quality. Well that's simply not true. The sampling rate is less than half that of a CD. So your CD cuts have to be downgraded and changed in format to even be processed by the ACM which then emulates the CD player. All of Densions stuff plays at this quality level. Same for the Parrot. It would seem that Ipod quality is now the standard. Ugh ...

The Dension stuff looks good otherwise though but they clearly have an exclusive arrangement with Jaguar so you can't buy any pieces directly from them and I suspect the add-on things like bluetooth for phone and voice are specifically blocked from working with the Jag versions. Makes sense. I also think that the ACM from Jaguar is about the same price as the Gateway 500 from Desion directly.

I just hope they will answer my technical questions.

In the mean time I'll being looking into a Parrot 9200 as well even if the sound quality isn't going to be any better. They have their own direct controller which they show as mounting on a steering wheel. But I think not! I can imagine all sorts of issues with that idea. You also have to mount another screen somewhere.

But they also list an interface kit for the cars with NAV to allow for use of the cars own controls. You still need to have their screen though.

Bob S.

Last edited by Staatsof; 07-28-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Yes I also use tbird6 for posting. What I mean is the ACM will handle up to 320 K MP3's. This is simply good enough for me in the car environment. It uses the fiber optic bus so no sound degradation like the FM modulation method when linking it to the factory stereo.

I would open up the console and see where the USB plug is. All three connections go to the ACM which is mounted behind the navigation unit. You might get lucky and just find it laying in there?

Not much more information on the early modules other than it seem to be a Jaguar trait to continue changing/upgrading modules. When I looked into adding the ACM I found different part numbers.
C2P-13741
C2C-40107
C2C-40513
C2S-44674
C2S-46365
I "think" the current one is C2C-40513. BUT check with your dealer and supply him with the last six digits of your VIN. This is your serial number.

All I listen to is USB. It just blows away anything else. The ease of use and the amount of music. It does have a 4GB USB limit. But that is still a few albums!!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yes I also use tbird6 for posting.
So Tbird6=clubairth1.

Well at the moment I believe that if you want to retain the original system then this is the only way to get external audio into the system. Everything else I've looked at is a kluge of some sort. Parrot does not do it. They have some hokey setup where they tap directly into your speakers but that's bypassing the entire audio system.

I had a very nice 1/2 hour conversation with one of this forums recommended installers in my area and he said the same thing Parrot told me directly. This guy works with Dension stuff and likes it. The ACM is some kind of version of their Gateway 500 which for other cars can be made to work with all their other gear. But it's a different story with Jag.

So it looks like I'll be getting a reduced version of a Parrot system and keep it totally independent of the Jag's electronics. I'll just have to mute the stereo by hand and treat the thing like a glorified hands free device that I can move from car to car.

The ACM will get fixed so I can try out the USB jump drives. No one allows for the processing of CD quality audio files from the USB on these things. That means I have to have a duplicate a library of music for the car or just convert it whenever I want a new play list of tunes. This limitation just seems so stupidly silly to me when you consider what level of technology we have working everywhere.

If you wander onto the Parrot forum discussion board that's another scary place to be reading. It would seem that all is not well in Parrot land with some of their higher end devices.

Geeze, maybe I'll just dig out my old eight track ...

Bob S.

Last edited by Staatsof; 07-29-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Please let me know.
I just talked to the parts dept at Nalley Jag here in Atlanta and they said the price for the ACM in $420!!!!
Also let me know how you like the car you just picked up. I would say it rides rougher than my 2000 Jaguar (had before my 2005 str)

Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

I will. I'm a bit frustrated by the dealer who sold me that car right now because he hasn't returned any info on the shop that removed the bluetooth and radar detector that was in the car. I thought they could tell what was used and how it worked. I honestly don't believe there is any other solution for quality audio into the Jag/Alpine stereo than the ACM.
Parrot in the USA told me no they don't. But the UK website shows an interface of some sort. They have very sketchy tech info on their website.

I have reached out to PHD12VOLT as I have to believe he knows the definitive answer.

The car rides a bit rougher because of the taught suspension. That's why it handles so well. It's not awful to me and where I live the roads are horrible. But it certainly doesn't ride like the equivalent XJ sedan.

So where did you get your 05 S-Type? Color etc?

Bob S.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM

My first Jag I got at Hennessey (2000 stype 3.0), this STR I got from an independant in Atlanta called Luxury Automotive. It's silver with black interior all options I think minus Nav. It had only 38K when I found it about 4 months ago.
(pics)
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...p?albumid=1636

Part number the dealer gave me is #C2C 4513 for the ACM.

Yours?

Quick Reply: Help finding Ipod/Zune Adaptor or whatever