Traction light jag s type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 )
Log In 
Search


S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by Jagbits
Click Here

Traction light jag s type

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Traction light jag s type

Traction light keeps on blinking jaguar stype 2001.*
Therefore, the dsc button doesnt responds.*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Posts: 118
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I had the same issue recently. DSC failure was the code in my display. Brought it to my mechanic, he said it was the ABS sensor and replaced that. Unfortunately the traction light stayed on and he could not get that to go off as he could not reprogram the ABS sensor. I had to bring it to the dealership to get it reprogrammed. It was pretty expensive as they also said the steering sensor needed to be replaced.
__________________
Harry
2002 S-Type 4.0
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 5,084
Thanked 419 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Perform a hard re-set of the ECU (disconnect battery negative cable, touch it to positive terminal for 30 seconds whilst positive cable remains attached to battery.
__________________
03 Silver STR: Mina Intake, "Mafioso" air intake tube, 3 lb. pulley, Magnaflow's 200 cell cats and Tru-X center muffler, Dynomax VT mufflers, H&R Sport lowering springs, Achebono ceramic pads, cross drilled/slotted front rotors. Next: ECU tune, return to CATS struts, port/polish Eaton or TS blower? Est. 460 chp @ nearly 500 lb/ft trq.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
carelm's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 3,219
Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsgross View Post
Perform a hard re-set of the ECU (disconnect battery negative cable, touch it to positive terminal for 30 seconds whilst positive cable remains attached to battery.
Before doing that though, make sure you have the unlock codes for your stereo.
__________________
Current stable: 2006 Jaguar XJ8 L in Quartz


Previous Jaguars:
1990 XJ6
1996 XJ6
2005 S-Type

I'm a Jaguar lifer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Untitled
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Posts: 2,540
Thanked 611 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryf View Post
I had the same issue recently. DSC failure was the code in my display. Brought it to my mechanic, he said it was the ABS sensor and replaced that. Unfortunately the traction light stayed on and he could not get that to go off as he could not reprogram the ABS sensor. I had to bring it to the dealership to get it reprogrammed. It was pretty expensive as they also said the steering sensor needed to be replaced.
Find a mechanic that has the proper diagnostic equipment that can handle ABS/DSC functions and resets but +2 to the advice above for a free "hard reset".
__________________
2000 Jaguar S Type - 4.0 Sport/CATS Susp.
231,001 miles and counting!

2004 Jaguar XJ8 - 120K miles
1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 68K miles

Check out the Northeast US Regional Page here: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/no...t-nj-ny-pa-35/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
GGG's Avatar
GGG GGG is online now
Photobucket
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 82,038
Thanked 6,435 Times in 5,526 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
Traction light keeps on blinking jaguar stype 2001.*
Therefore, the dsc button doesnt responds.*
Before you start tearing the car apart looking for a fault, is:

1. the TRAC / DSC (depending on your vehicle spec) light flashing twice per second

OR

2. TRACTION CONTROL FAULT or DSC NOT AVAILABLE displayed constantly

If (1), this is informing you that Traction Control / DSC is operating. If (2), then you have a fault.

Graham
__________________
2007 XK 4.2 Coupe

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Before you start tearing the car apart looking for a fault, is:

1. the TRAC / DSC (depending on your vehicle spec) light flashing twice per second

OR

2. TRACTION CONTROL FAULT or DSC NOT AVAILABLE displayed constantly

If (1), this is informing you that Traction Control / DSC is operating. If (2), then you have a fault.

Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742
The 1st one.
Blinking twice per second. Yes i knw there is a fault since it is blinking continuously which it shudnt. Traction lights only blink when there is either an undistributes power to the wheels (to equalise it) by applying individual brakes.
To avoid wheel spin
And when abs switch on to stop wheels from locking
My light is blinking even when the car is still; at a hault.
Once in my life i saw it work properly. It was off. The dsc button made it on as stable when i switched off the dsc. when i switched it on it disappeared and blinked when i pressed full paddle on a turn and the tyres spinned a lil and then went off.
Now i have spent too much to eradicate.
Changed the complete left hub to clear the front left abs speed sensor ring error. The comp told that the left front speed sensor for abs isnt working/broken. I replaced the whole hub.
I have even changed the abs module.
Freaking hell dude. Since the car has this traction error my brakes are even working with abs and they have that weird pulsating affect and the sound for it.
I need a soln.
There is no dsc message in the message center
I have no dealer here too.
The universal obd scanners are used.

Last edited by harris24742; 09-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
The 1st one.
Blinking twice per second. Yes i knw there is a fault since it is blinking continuously which it shudnt. Traction lights only blink when there is either an undistributes power to the wheels (to equalise it) by applying individual brakes.
To avoid wheel spin
And when abs switch on to stop wheels from locking
My light is blinking even when the car is still; at a hault.
Once in my life i saw it work properly. It was off. The dsc button made it on as stable when i switched off the dsc. when i switched it on it disappeared and blinked when i pressed full paddle on a turn and the tyres spinned a lil and then went off.
Now i have spent too much to eradicate.
Changed the complete left hub to clear the front left abs speed sensor ring error. The comp told that the left front speed sensor for abs isnt working/broken. I replaced the whole hub.
I have even changed the abs module.
Freaking hell dude. Since the car has this traction error my brakes are even working with abs and they have that weird pulsating affect and the sound for it.
I need a soln.
There is no dsc message in the message center
I have no dealer here too.
The universal obd scanners are used.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Untitled
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Posts: 2,540
Thanked 611 Times in 483 Posts
Default

harris2742 - we can only give you as much guidance as possible based on the symptoms - the sure fire way to figure out your issue(s) is to obtain an OBD scanner capable of reading the abs/dsc code(s) - search the forum - many of these enhanced scanners can be purchased on Ebay or elsewhere - good luck
__________________
2000 Jaguar S Type - 4.0 Sport/CATS Susp.
231,001 miles and counting!

2004 Jaguar XJ8 - 120K miles
1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 68K miles

Check out the Northeast US Regional Page here: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/no...t-nj-ny-pa-35/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 5,084
Thanked 419 Times in 380 Posts
Default

harris, go back over your work, checking electrical connectors, etc.
__________________
03 Silver STR: Mina Intake, "Mafioso" air intake tube, 3 lb. pulley, Magnaflow's 200 cell cats and Tru-X center muffler, Dynomax VT mufflers, H&R Sport lowering springs, Achebono ceramic pads, cross drilled/slotted front rotors. Next: ECU tune, return to CATS struts, port/polish Eaton or TS blower? Est. 460 chp @ nearly 500 lb/ft trq.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM
kevy1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sussex by the sea
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default New front bearings since then flashing traction light!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have tried a ecu hard reset by disconnecting the Neg battery cable no joy I have an offer of a cougar Obd to me by a friend, I haven't tried it as I've seen forum posts saying it's a specialist reader needed??
Any tips ?

Help please

Thanks all
__________________
S type V8 4.0 x reg 64k full service history
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 16,244
Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,826 Posts
Default

3 yr old, dead, thread - what are you on about?
__________________
STR 2004. Acronyms: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-...-jaguar-78910/
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Torrid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 638
Thanked 106 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevy1 View Post
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have tried a ecu hard reset by disconnecting the Neg battery cable no joy I have an offer of a cougar Obd to me by a friend, I haven't tried it as I've seen forum posts saying it's a specialist reader needed??
Any tips ?

Help please

Thanks all
Did you have new bearings pressed in or did you replace the whole hub assembly?
__________________
2006 XJ VDP
2004 Lincoln LS V8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torrid For This Useful Post:
kevy1 (09-15-2015)
  #14  
Old 09-15-2015, 06:49 AM
kevy1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sussex by the sea
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagV8 View Post
3 yr old, dead, thread - what are you on about?


Why the hostility? You replied to the thread though didn't you?
As did another person,

Thought for a veteran poster you'd be a bit more helpful! !
__________________
S type V8 4.0 x reg 64k full service history
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-15-2015, 06:52 AM
kevy1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sussex by the sea
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
Did you have new bearings pressed in or did you replace the whole hub assembly?


Thanks for the reply Torrid, just the bearings and brake pads mate.
__________________
S type V8 4.0 x reg 64k full service history
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 16,244
Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,826 Posts
Default

So you have ALL the things previously in the thread and have done all the things suggested. What were the results?
__________________
STR 2004. Acronyms: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-...-jaguar-78910/
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:12 AM
kevy1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sussex by the sea
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

You're a real grump aren't you V8, why not suggest something that would resolve my issue? after all that's what forums are supposed to be for.

I tell you what how about you stay away from the thread? If it offends you when people post questions?


On my post I said I have the offer of a Obdi reader and wondered if that be sufficient to recalibrate the sensors? or did I need a specialist gadget?
__________________
S type V8 4.0 x reg 64k full service history
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 16,244
Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,826 Posts
Default

You fail to post needed data. Keep doing that, it's you that's not getting answers due to your failing.

You could provide the needed data in about the same space you've wasted in complaining....
__________________
STR 2004. Acronyms: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-...-jaguar-78910/
If you would like the most accurate assistance, it is very helpful to place your vehicle information into your signature line, just look in your member control panel to set it up. Info like year, model, engine size, and other details like mileage can only aid in receiving more replies with the correct information. (thanks, h20boy!)

Last edited by JagV8; 09-15-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default solution

Hi guys! Here's what worked for me:

Replaced the entire hub for the right rear wheel including the abs ring. So basically, get your hubs and abs rings checked. A tooth of abs ring, if broken, would cause the abs to switch on, dsc to blink, and car to go haywire. Wish you luck
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harris24742 For This Useful Post:
kevy1 (09-16-2015)
  #20  
Old 09-16-2015, 11:01 AM
kevy1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sussex by the sea
Posts: 30
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
Hi guys! Here's what worked for me:

Replaced the entire hub for the right rear wheel including the abs ring. So basically, get your hubs and abs rings checked. A tooth of abs ring, if broken, would cause the abs to switch on, dsc to blink, and car to go haywire. Wish you luck


Thanks for the reply mate and tips, am hoping that it's due to the bearing change knocking out the Abs configuration? Have booked her into Indy Jag garage next week.
What with my last V8 needing all 8 coils changing now this
I suppose it's to be expected as she#s been sat in a garage for 9 years! still only 43k so I cant really complain.

Fao Jagv8
Why do you bother posting back and also getting insulting towards me?
You might have 1000's of posts and loads of thanks , but I've found you to be way to rude! Seems you've taken a dislike to me from the off!
Shame the Ignore button didn't work on my Mobile when I looked this morning, works on this main forum though so that's some consultation.
Data? I did state that I'd been offered an Obd reader and did I require something a bit more advanced? I never used anything to look for data I wanted to ask here 1st.
__________________
S type V8 4.0 x reg 64k full service history
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courtesy light, footwell lamps gene1 New Member Area - Intro a MUST 7 09-03-2015 09:04 PM
Those Pesky Parking Sensors stanjag S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 2 08-30-2015 11:35 AM
Courtesy light, footwell lamps gene1 XF and XFR ( X250 ) 4 08-27-2015 10:35 PM
Courtesy light, footwell lamps gene1 XF and XFR ( X250 ) 0 08-27-2015 09:56 PM
P1260, p1582, p0174, p0706, c17737 please help :( NinoGrimace S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1 08-26-2015 06:15 AM


Tags
01, 2000, 40, abs, available, code, control, dsc, flashing, jaguar, light, not, replace, sensor, trac, traction, type


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

JAGUAR and its logo are the registered trademarks of Jaguar Cars Limited. Jaguar Cars Limited is not affiliated with JaguarForums.com.