Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Clios day out at Loch Turret Dam 23/07/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Clios day out at Loch Turret Dam 23/07/10

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  19.3 KB

Had a great day out with the boys today in their Clios. We went to Loch Turret Dam just outside Crieff and not far from Glen Turret whisky Distillery. It was a beautiful sunny day and took some pics to share....unfortunately the camera must have had a slight blur on the lense so the pics aren't the best, but check them out and see what you think?

Clios at the car park. If you look just to the left of the blue Clio and upwards you can see the start of a small mountain we climbed for a stunning view.....nearly killed me though
Name:  clios2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  clios3.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  54.6 KB

Peter and Connor enjoy some football tennis umpired by Jay. Meanwhile Jamie and I played some frisbee and took pot shots with the scoped out .22 at some Irn Bru cans for fun. We collected them later to dispose of carefully at a later date to preserve the view of course!
Name:  footballtennis.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  100.9 KB

Kids posing on the dam wall. From left to right, Jamie, Peter, Jay and Connor
Name:  kidsposeonthedamwall.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  60.5 KB

More Clios
Name:  clios1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  61.0 KB

Pictures of the cars and car park from the Dam wall
Name:  viewfromthedamwall.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  40.0 KB

Pictures of the Loch from the Dam wall level up through the Glen. Pretty low levels at this time of year

Name:  viewfromlochturretdamwall.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  40.5 KB

Picture from the top. If you look very very carefully you can just see the cars in the car park
Name:  viewfromthetop.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  53.5 KB

Loch Turret viewed from the top
Name:  lochfromthetop.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  54.3 KB

Kids placing rocks that they had scribed their names onto at the top of the cairn. A kinda " we were here" thing
Name:  kidsplacingrocksonthecairn1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  41.4 KB
Name:  kidsplacingrocksonthecairn.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  49.8 KB

left and headed home through Crieff. We stopped off in Bridge of Allan to see my Aunt for 10 mins ( flying visit ) then dropped by the local fish n chip shop for a fish supper and then home.
Bloody knackered....gettin too old for this lark

Thanks for looking

Old 07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Jim! Thank you so much for the pics, I prefer your pics far more than a travel brochure as they are what I would refer to as the real Scottish countryside. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to take and send them to me. I don't know if you like the blues (blues music) but I will try to send you the two CDs the band I play in recorded via email and hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy the pictures.

I'm taking your advise about "never say never" and hopefully I will get to the land of my roots and be able to enjoy seeing it with my own eyes. Where we live is in West Central Illinois and although we have some beautiful trees and timber land it is predominately an agricultural area with a lot of fields of crops (mainly corn and soybeans) which are beautiful in their own way, but if you've seen one bean and corn field you've pretty much seen them all. I will take some pictures of the landscape where we live and get them off to you over the weekend.

Anyway I had better get my chores done or I will find myself in trouble with the wife and that would not be good! Once again thank you for the pics and have a gtreat weekend! Coop

Old 07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37

Hey Coop, thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated
I guess it must be a kinda " the grass is always greener" kinda thing, as I've always wanted to see America and some of the great places and amazing beauty spost you guys have too.
I'm a big fan of America and its history but am under ni illusions that its all paved with gold. I really do hope to get there one day soon and spend 2-3 weeks and see at least some of what is on offer.
Please send your pics / music etc and I'll be happy to look / listen.

BTW....If you do ever get yourself over here, please let me know. I'd be glad to point out places of interest and some great places to visit, as well as some breath taking scenic routes.

All the best Coop

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Jim, some mighty fine looking young men you have there! The Clios are looking prettty spiffy as well, I assume the boys are taking after "dads" appreciation of a "clean vehicle is a happy vehicle and a happy vehicle is a clean vehicle"! The landscape photos are indeed a nice touch of what most of us will not see in our life time, thank you for sharing.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default coming to America

Hey Jim! Glad to hear you may be coming to America! When you make the trip here and should you decide to come through the Mid West the wife and I would consider it an honor to provide you with lodging and that includes meals. We have a 7200 sq. foot building and live in around 3000 sq. feet (not sure what the metric conversion is equivilant to but let's just say we have plenty of room and bedrooms to provide for you and your family).

There are many things to see in America and even some close to us. There is of course the Mississippi river about 20 miles from our home and the Gateway Arch in Saint Louis is about 100 miles from here. There is also Hannibal Missouri which is the boyhood home of Samule Clemments (Mark Twain) 35 miles away. About 15 miles from us is Siloam Springs State Park which has beautiful stands of oak tree timbers and a huge lake.
Also in our area is a geode mine which is very interesting and they allow you to unearth and keep geodes.

Anyway should you decide to come let me know and I will send you my info via PM. As always all the best and enjoy a great weekend and good health! Coop

Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 31

Hey Rick, thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated
As for the " a clean car is a happy car" approach? I don't think the boys have quite gotten to my level of **** retentiveness quite yet ....lol...They'd pretty much just be out driving every chance they get.
The cars get a going over around once a week I guess, so it could be worse!

Hi Coop, if it was up to me I'd be there now, or even some years ago
Like I said I really do like the ida of America and its people / way of life and will get there to appreciate it in the flesh someday.
My wife's got relatives out in King of Prussia, Philly way I think, and they're always offering us to come for a visit too.
Sounds like you got plenty to see n do round your neck of the woods too Coop, and a very generous offer too, thank you very much

Thanks guys and have a great weekend.
All the best

Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Nice pics, thanks for posting them
I too sometimes get some spanks from my dad as to why I don't clean my ride and drive in dust lol