Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sounds clips here.

Massive Jaguar Collection

Old 04-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Sponsor
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Massive Jaguar Collection

May be old news to some but:

Jaguar Land Rover purchased the largest-known privately owned collection of British classic cars in the world, through its newly created Special Operations division, which includes the Jaguar Heritage business.

The vast collection of 543 cars was amassed by British enthusiast James Hull, and at its core there are more than 130 Jaguars. These include early Swallow Sidecars and Swallow-coachbuilt Austin Sevens, plus a full and diverse range of pre-war SS models, seven XK 120s (including a rare alloy-bodied example) C- and D-types, an XKSS, eight E-types, 30 classic Jaguar Mark model saloons, plus 19 XJ-S models and more than 20 XJ saloons with interesting and famous previous owners.

Said James Hull, “Travelling all over the world to build the collection over the years has been a labour of love and a life’s work, so my primary motivation was not to get the maximum price but rather to secure the future of the collection in this country with the right custodian. I have got to know Jaguar Land Rover well in recent years.They are the perfect custodians to take the collection forward and I know it is in safe hands.”

The cars in the collection will be actively used to support experiential marketing with customers and for global brand events.
John Edwards, managing director of special vehicle operations said, “We are delighted that Jaguar Land Rover has come to an agreement with James Hull to secure the future of this very significant collection of Jaguar and British cars. We share the same objective as James to keep this unique collection in British hands, and we are delighted this agreement secures their custody for the future.”

A brand new Jaguar Heritage workshop at the historic Browns Lane, Coventry site will maintain the Jaguars in the collection. It will also offer Jaguar-warrantied servicing and restoration of the company’s classic models.

Original article found here: JLR takes custody of massive collection

Old 04-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 732 Likes on 468 Posts

Nice. I wonder how many of the CEL lights are illuminated.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My idea of heaven. Would love to see that bunch.. luky guy!