UK South East Meet December 2014 in Brighton

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Yes I know this is an age off.. but I usually start things off quite a way in advance.. now I know winter is usually a dark grey sort of time of year with plenty of rain, wind, and bad weather leaving us little choice but to hunker down in front of a TV watching archived film clips of our favourite cars on TopGear..
In south east UK we don't do this - we organise our bi-annual Brighton convoy & meet!
It's a great chance for you to have a break from the Christmas rush and shopping and to have some time with great company, fantastic cars, a mug of tea and something to eat..
Depending on how many people are interested I will try to get something more organised if I can..

In case you are wondering - this will be the third Bi-Annual Brighton meet and the details of the last one can be found here: UK South East Meet Spring/Summer 2014 in Brighton if you want to check it out..

Just so you know who has indicated an interest (in no particular order) in attending on the day, so far it looks like this....

If you would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if non member email me to be added) and I will be happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

SteveSheldon (me:-)) 2002 X-Type 2.5 (classic) manual + 1
Ngarara (Jaguarforums.com) 2010 XKR 75 + 1
HarleyJagMan (Jaguarforums.com) 2007 XK8 4.2 convertible + 1
SCM (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2010 XKR 5.0 + 1
HMSMotorsport (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 1997 XJ6 X300 + 1
DJ Sonic (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2001 Silver XKR + 2
MrMichael (Jaguarforums.com) 2002 X-Type 2.0 + 1
BigTel (Jaguarforum.co.uk) XFR-100 + 1
DerryJag (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2011 XF 3.0 + 1

Total - 9 cars + 10 attendees.

As for the convoy from Crawley down the A23 to the venue we have:

SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 7 Cars

Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a new member and would be interested. 2001 XKR. Just me

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 AM

Hi Jgbird,
Welcome to the forum - if you haven't yet I would advise popping a post into New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to introduce yourself to everyone - we are a very friendly bunch :-) and it's worth you updating your signature with your car details and maybe a pic which will make it easier for others to help you as and when you need help.
Are you interested in the meet itself, or the convoy and meet? If you can let me know I will get you added in and I look forward to meeting on the day..

Old 07-17-2014, 04:56 AM

Anyone wondering whether to come along or not - why not have a look at the thread for the last meet? https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...ighton-107585/ and you'll see what you could be missing out on... why not put your name forward and come along to a guaranteed good day out - sort of a Jaguarish TopGear sort of day..

Old 07-17-2014, 05:47 AM

If you are still undecided, why not put your name forward anyway - it's a free event, costs nothing to sign up for, and even when signed up you are not committed until the final date is voted on.. and it's even easy to sign up to.. pop a post up here in the thread, email me at stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk, or even whatsapp me your details at 07914116375. So go on, you know your car deserves a Christmas break, and you deserve good conversation, food, mugs of tea, and some great cars to look around.. why not put your name forward?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 AM

Yes I know this is an age off.. but I usually start things off quite a way in advance.. now I know winter is usually a dark grey sort of time of year with plenty of rain, wind, and bad weather leaving us little choice but to hunker down in front of a TV watching archived film clips of our favourite cars on TopGear..

In south east UK we don't do this - we organise our bi-annual Brighton convoy & meet!

Where Summer meets are exclusively Jaguar, winter meets we also extend a warm Jaguar welcome to other marques, to come along and join us....

It's a great chance for you to have a break from the Christmas rush and shopping and to have some time with great company, fantastic cars, a mug of tea and something to eat..

Depending on how many people are interested I will try to get something more organised if I can..

In case you are wondering - this will be the third Bi-Annual Brighton meet and the details of the last one can be found here: UK South East Meet Spring/Summer 2014 in Brighton if you want to check it out..

Just so you know who has indicated an interest (in no particular order) in attending on the day, so far it looks like this....

If you would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if non member email me to be added) and I will be happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

Jaguar..

Other Marques...
Winshent (Pistonheads.com) 2002 Ford Focus RS + 1

Total - 9 cars + 10 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael

Other Marques...

Winshent

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 07-21-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:19 AM

Hi Guys,

I have had a response from Jaguars Senior Manager for Sponsorship & Brand Partnerships saying that they view the Bi-Annual meet as a UK opportunity, and I have moved onto another member of Jaguar staff that deals with UK sponsorship.. I am somewhat more hopeful now that we can achieve a degree of support from JLR theirselves for our event.. I will keep you guys updated as I go, bearing in mind it has taken quite a few months to get this far with Jaguar :-) I will keep plugging away as I really feel that we have a great event, and if we can get support from Jaguar theirselves there is so much more we can do for us and the cars we love so much..

Ngarara (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 06:17 AM

Where Summer meets are exclusively Jaguar, winter meets we also extend a warm Jaguar welcome to other marques, to come along and join us....

Current List:

Jaguar..
JgBird (Jaguarforums.com) 2001 XKR + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 10 cars + 11 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael

Other Marques...

Winshent

Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 AM

OK I have the (currently) final response from Jaguar..

.. we are not taking on any new projects at the moment - got a lot on our plate!

I gave it a go :-( and apologies for failing, but not to worry I will revisit them next year in case the situation changes :-)

Meanwhile we still have our meet to organise.. I am still anticipating Harwoods Jaguar attending the meet along with a showroom car, and advice on servicing, and sales - any one interested in coming along in December please pop a post up her or drop me an email and I'll add you in. It is sure to be a great day, breaking up the winter doldrums we are all suffer with...

Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Thanks for trying, Steve - I guess we're not big enough for them.

SteveSheldon (07-24-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 05:24 AM

Ok I'm back from my five days of looking for Jaguars in Switzerland and back on the case.. so anyone wanting to put theirselves forward for what is due to be a great Jaguar day out by the seaside (yes I know it'll be winter but.. you never know nowadays.. could be glorious weather :-)) please pop a post on here or drop me an email and I'll add you in...

Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 AM

Current List:

Jaguar..
Ric63 (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1DerryJag (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2011 XF 3.0 + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 12 cars + 13 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63

Other Marques...

Winshent

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 9 Cars

Old 08-21-2014, 04:04 AM

OK guys, time for an update - not much of one as it is a quiet time of year and tracking anyone down is a bit of a nightmare lol .. on the day the Jag gallery, will ensure it is open for any meet attendees to have a look around for some culture (owned and hosted by a fellow Jag owner) and I *will* be able to arrange a fixed meal deal again for us - possibly with the same cafe, or another one I have in mind.
If anyone wants to be added to the list of interested members please pop a post up on here, drop me a pm via the forum or email me at stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk and I will add you in.. :-)

Old 08-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Egg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please add me to the list of those interested in attending. Ill be coming down the A23 so will join the convoy. If poss can I have the date & times in Dec so I can fix it in the diary, don't seem to be able find it on the message board.
Thanks
Egg
2009 XF Prem Lux

Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 AM

Hi Egg, I will add you in for both the meet and the convoy.
I am currently waiting on feedback from the Brighton & Hove Highways Dept as to the availability of Madeira Drive.. as soon as I have the available dates I will put them up on here to see who can make which of the dates and pick the most popular.. either way it will be a Sunday with a likely meet time of 8:45 at Pease Pottage Services..
Please keep an eye on this thread for more info as it appears :-)

Old 08-26-2014, 03:03 AM

Current List:

Jaguar..

Ric63 (Jaguarforum.co.uk)
2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Egg (Jaguarforums.com) 2009 XF Prem Lux + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 13 cars + 14 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63
Egg

Other Marques...

Winshent

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 10 Cars

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 08-26-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:39 AM

OK we have possible dates approved by Brighton & Hove Highways Dept..

Dates people can make:

Sunday 7th December - SteveSheldon,
Sunday 14th December - SteveSheldon,
Sunday 28th December - SteveSheldon

Could you please let me know which of the dates you can all make and we'll build a list and go for the most popular date.. just pop a post on here, or email me..

Old 08-27-2014, 07:22 AM

Current List:

Jaguar..
Ric63 (Jaguarforum.co.uk)
2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Egg (Jaguarforums.com) 2009 XF Prem Lux + 1
Brian R (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2007 STR + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 14 cars + 15 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63
Egg
Brian R

Other Marques...

Winshent

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 11 Cars

Dates people can make:

Sunday 7th December - SteveSheldon,
Sunday 14th December - SteveSheldon,
Sunday 28th December - SteveSheldon, Brian R,

Could you please let me know which of the dates you can all make and we'll build a list and go for the most popular date.. just pop a post on here, or email me..

Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

I can do any of these dates; however, worth noting that 28/12 is between Xmas & New Year, when a lot of people may be away or tied up with family commitments.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:22 PM

Yes.. I am hoping for early December being the final date but as always I'll see which date works best for the most..

Sent whilst mobile so please excuse any mistakes or misspellings.
Steve Sheldon
2002 X-Type 2.5 classic 2.5l 99000 on the clock

Quick Reply: UK South East Meet December 2014 in Brighton