Ideas for Jaguar meet event 2017

Old 08-03-2016, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Northcoast 500 road trip / forum meet / drive

Check it out HERE..... www.northcoast500.com

I'm thinking / considering putting something together for next year, maybe something a little different.

Maybe we could look to change locations and do something different? I'll get my thinking cap on....
It had crossed my mind though about checking out the "Northcoast 500"

It's 500 miles of North Scottish coastline, some stunning scenery and great driving roads too. I'm wondering if it's something we could cover in say 3 days / 2 nights and make a weekend of it.
Essentially looking at an extended meet with a much larger driving portion for the event, after all we're a Jaguar forum and Jags are for driving.

I could still look to see what sponsors I could get for the event and or check out possible accommodation ( of course checking around and looking for discounts and or the best places to stay )
Just thinking out loud, maybe from the Friday to the Sunday inclusive?
Come on your own and or bring partners etc, the more the merrier. A nice Jaguar convoy heading through the Scottish Highlands would be pretty cool.

The idea sounds great in my head, but unsure of the logistics of it and or who / how many may be interested in something like this?
I'm wondering if we could have our "usual" annual meet event but have it at Inverness and a day event?
It's a beautiful part of the world and some may be interested enough to attend at least for the day, say on the Thursday. I could look at trying to get the usual sponsors and do as we normally do in regards to welcome packs / prizes etc etc. That would involve an overnight and 2 or 3 day trip from who wish to attend possibly.

Then the 2nd part
Those who want to do the NC500, after the Thursday meet event portion, stay overnight and leave Friday morning to begin the 3 day/ 2 night portion of the drive event.

In all honesty I don't foresee many more than perhaps 15 - 20 ( if that ) wanting to do the road trip
I would still envisage us all going the same direction / route possibly in 2 groups if required, although I think no matter what it would naturally get broken up somewhat anyways along the way.

1. JimC64 +1
2. Super350
3. Caldoofy +1
4. Jaguar-girl
5. Jaguar42064 +1
6. Nichol*2010 +1
7. TheZig +1
8. I-MNL +1
9. Rob M600 RJC +1
10.XJREcosse
11.Broadwayblueshirt +1
12.Emz
13.Caldean +1
14.Jaggy Pat

Jim

Old 08-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member

Northcoast 500 road trip / forum meet / drive

I'm thinking / considering putting something together for next year, maybe something a little different.

Maybe we could look to change locations and do something different? I'll get my thinking cap on....

It's 500 miles of North Scottish coastline, some stunning scenery and great driving roads too. I'm wondering if it's something we could cover in say 3 days / 2 nights and make a weekend of it.
Essentially looking at an extended meet with a much larger driving portion for the event, after all we're a Jaguar forum and Jags are for driving.

I could still look to see what sponsors I could get for the event and or check out possible accommodation ( of course checking around and looking for discounts and or the best places to stay )
Come on your own and or bring partners etc, the more the merrier. A nice Jaguar convoy heading through the Scottish Highlands would be pretty cool.

The idea sounds great in my head, but unsure of the logistics of it and or who / how many may be interested in something like this?
I'm wondering if we could have our "usual" annual meet event but have it at Inverness and a day event?
It's a beautiful part of the world and some may be interested enough to attend at least for the day, say on the Thursday. I could look at trying to get the usual sponsors and do as we normally do in regards to welcome packs / prizes etc etc. That would involve an overnight and 2 or 3 day trip from who wish to attend possibly.

Then the 2nd part
Those who want to do the NC500, after the Thursday meet event portion, stay overnight and leave Friday morning to begin the 3 day/ 2 night portion of the drive event.

In all honesty I don't foresee many more than perhaps 15 - 20 ( if that ) wanting to do the road trip
I would still envisage us all going the same direction / route possibly in 2 groups if required, although I think no matter what it would naturally get broken up somewhat anyways along the way.

1. JimC64 +1
2. Super350
3. Caldoofy +1
4. Jaguar-girl
5. Jaguar42064 +1
6. Nichol*2010 +1
7. TheZig +1
8. I-MNL +1
9. Rob M600 RJC +1
10.XJREcosse
11.Broadwayblueshirt +1
12.Emz
13.Caldean +1
14.Jaggy Pat
15.John Sweeney +1

Jim

Old 09-07-2016, 03:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sounds good

[QUOTE=JimC64;1504407]Northcoast 500 road trip / forum meet / drive

1. JimC64
2. Super350
3. Caldoofy
4. Jaguar-girl

Old 09-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Davy.

As I said it may not be feasible as a forum meet event / convoy etc.
That said I fully intend to do it myself as it's on my bucket list. Once I have an idea of time / dates etc I'll put this up and see who may be interested at that time.

It'd still be pretty cool if we even had 5 or 6 in a smaller, tighter convoy, so we'll see what happens

Jim