Personal Update ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:40 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts
Default Personal Update ...

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I am as of today officially between Jaguars..

My X308, whilst I loved it, has had to go in the end, & is leaving our family today :-(

I am currently looking for the right Jaguar, at the right price, and as always the one that grabs you is never there when you start to look - so I will likely be Jaguarless for a short while - This makes no odds to my dedication to our forum or our event.. however if I have not located 'the one' inside the next couple of months I would appreciate it if anyone has a Jaguar they would be prepared to loan me for the weekend of the event and/or any help with getting our stock of prizes etc to the event on the day.

Many thanks

Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Steve,

Staying with X308 or going for a later model?

Graham

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi Steve, maybe a move to the X350 / X358?

What happened to your car, did you sell it on?
Best
Jim

SteveSheldon (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:46 AM

Well, my wife and I have slightly different goals and methods.. lol

I would love to move to an X358, but Theresia would prefer an X-Type, and in between we have the S-Type SE Plus as maybe a middle path.

It will take a while to find what we are looking for, and at a price we are OK with.

I am guessing we will find what we want mid to late this year bearing in mind same as everyone we constantly look at Jaguars above the current budget, so then wait to build up the budget a bit and then go through the loop again.. lol

I buy with my heart and Theresia buys with her head - and if honest Theresias choices tend to work out better than mine lol so we will see what we end up going for..

The X308 needs a number of things looked at, and the new buyer has a friend who is a mechanic who works for £30 an hour for him so it brings the needed work into a much more realistic budget than mine, even with me using an independant.

It is odd - when I have had Vauxhalls or Fords, I have never really missed them or regretted it when they have gone.. Jaguars for me esp the X308 I do really miss so I think I have a few long months to go.

Meanwhile I have emailed Harwoods head office to enquire if I can test drive a Jaguar from them for the weekend of the event, rather than the school run C1 :-)

JimC64 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:20 AM
GGG

Steve,

I have a non-driving wife - it makes the choice of vehicles so much easier when there's no need for discussion or possibility of disagreement. The only one she has ever had an adverse comment about was a LR Safari LWB which she referred to as 'the tractor'!

Always a good plan to take time over selecting a Jaguar. Surely Harwoods can give you first refusal on some tasty Part Ex's.

Graham

Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 AM

Theresia doesn't drive currently - but still has distinct preferences as a passenger :-)

But, yes I am guessing it will take a few months to get where we want to be.. thinking back we spent about 4 months tracking down the X308 before finally finding the right one in the right place at the right price at the right time.

Harwoods are also currently looking into my request for a car for the weekend of the event, and believe they may well be able to help, which is great.

Meanwhile whilst the C1 is not growing on me in any way as our main car, I do have to admit I am glad we have this as a fallback car allowing us to take longer finding exactly what we want :-)

JimC64 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

Best of luck with the hunt Steve

Just as a thought, might be worth looking at some of the members car as and when they come up for sale?
You might pay a little more but should be able to get a good idea of the history from the forum and previous posts etc etc

I bought an X type from a forum member for my son, great car in great shape and just ideal in every respect, goes well with no issues to report and a good bu

Jim

Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM
GGG

Steve,

TAKE GREAT CARE

There's a very dodgy black X350 belonging to a member likely to be coming up for sale in the Glasgow area soon.

Graham

Old 02-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
Steve,

TAKE GREAT CARE

There's a very dodgy black X350 belonging to a member likely to be coming up for sale in the Glasgow area soon.

Graham

Lol not mine Graham

No me Campbell, cousin of Naomi
Jim

GGG (02-17-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 02:58 AM

At the weekend we found an X358 fully loaded to the gills, right milage, within budget, and it went a day before we could look at it. Have since been looking at S-Types, and XF's and possibly some viewings coming up next weekend. Theresia is very good at car hunting and is working through all the main sites almost daily looking for the milage, year and model/trim we are after. We were gutted to have missed the X358, but this is the way the cookie crumbles :-)The search continues :-)

Old 04-05-2017, 11:22 AM

I am happy to say I am back in the fold with a 2007 S-Type SE 2.7TD I collected last weekend - thankfully in plenty of time for the Annual Convoy & Meet event this May :-)

What I can only call dark gunmetal, with mocha/oatmeal interior.. a few small items needing sorting as always, but overall gorgeous and I am one happy chappy back in a Jaguar for the weekends :-)

I spent the last four years or so thinking I didn't like S-Types but at the same time knew an X-Type was too small for the family.. In truth I love it.. it drives well, is much closer to the X308 in luxury than I had expected, with all the bits that I never had on my Classic X-Type and it has brought back that feeling I always had with X308s of just enjoying it - a car I want to get involved with :-)

Old 04-05-2017, 01:10 PM
GGG

I'll bet it seemed like a very long eight weeks between Jaguars. Time for a new SigPic.

Graham

Old 04-06-2017, 03:09 AM

Oh yes.. as much as the C1 has kept me on the road, is frugal on fuel, and there isn't a lot to get damaged on the school run - I have very much missed that feeling you get with a Jag, where as you open the door and get behind the wheel you just instantly feel at home - lol, fundamentally a car you want to drive, you connect with unlike the C1 which you drive because it will get you from A to B :-) I have a couple of pics so far and will hopefully be updating my sig pic in the next couple of days :-) Very happy to be back in a Jag :-)

GGG (04-06-2017)