US Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Anyone willing to trade wrench help for wrench help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone willing to trade wrench help for wrench help?

Hello fellow Jag lovers,

Currently driving a 2005 XJR. I have the dreaded air suspension leaks on my two front shocks and I believe the compressor has labored too hard and now it needs attention as well.

So to that end I am strongly thinking of replacing the system with a coil over conversion. It would be most helpful to have another set of hands to assist with the conversion.

I have solid enthusiast wrenching ability with the tools needed to complete the job. My garage is clean and clutter free so the work environment is conducive to working on the Jag.

While we are in there if the suspension parts need replacing that should be done as well.

I'm looking for another Jag lover to come help and in turn my labor and or services would be available for trade out.

I live in Arvada, CO. I am sure I can get the misses to make lunch for us, an assortment of beverages are cooling in the extra fridge as we speak, Band Aids for any knuckle busting will be at the ready and we can kick on the tunes.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Griff

The following users liked this post:
scottjr1 (05-22-2019)
Old 03-17-2017, 02:27 PM
GGG
Received 16,764 Likes on 12,153 Posts

Griff,

Just beyond my range ........

Anyone willing to trade wrench help for wrench help?-arvada.jpg

........ very enterprising idea - I hope you and another member can make this arrangement work out.

Graham

scottjr1 (05-22-2019)
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 AM

Graham,
I knew I should have moved to Iceland.
Griff

scottjr1 (05-22-2019)
Old 03-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm not sure of my schedule just yet, but I may be available Thursday, Friday or next Sunday afternoon (26th).

scottjr1 (05-22-2019)
Old 03-19-2017, 01:07 PM

I'll send you a pm. and we can see what works in our schedules. I still need to order the parts.

Thanks,
Griff

Originally Posted by QuartzSTypeR
I'm not sure of my schedule just yet, but I may be available Thursday, Friday or next Sunday afternoon (26th).

scottjr1 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff79
Hello fellow Jag lovers,

Currently driving a 2005 XJR. I have the dreaded air suspension leaks on my two front shocks and I believe the compressor has labored too hard and now it needs attention as well.

So to that end I am strongly thinking of replacing the system with a coil over conversion. It would be most helpful to have another set of hands to assist with the conversion.

I have solid enthusiast wrenching ability with the tools needed to complete the job. My garage is clean and clutter free so the work environment is conducive to working on the Jag.

While we are in there if the suspension parts need replacing that should be done as well.

I'm looking for another Jag lover to come help and in turn my labor and or services would be available for trade out.

I live in Arvada, CO. I am sure I can get the misses to make lunch for us, an assortment of beverages are cooling in the extra fridge as we speak, Band Aids for any knuckle busting will be at the ready and we can kick on the tunes.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Griff
Hi Griff, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but if you still need help, I live in Conifer and can make the time available.

scottjr1 (05-22-2019)