US Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Decent Pre-Purchase Inspection Shop in Denver, CO

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent Pre-Purchase Inspection Shop in Denver, CO

Hi! I'm on the verge of getting an XK8 and I found a 2000 that seems to have been well cared for. I'd be trading in a Subaru and am not sure how smart (or more likely dumb ) that would be just before winter here in Colorado. Anyway, the car is in Denver, but I'm from Pueblo so don't know the shops in the Denver area. Any reccomendations for a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection? I had my XJ6 inspected at Councorse in Colorado Springs, and have had Pueblo Imports service the XJ. I feel confident in both shops. I didn't ask the dealer if I could drive the car from Denver to one of those shops for an inspection. That would be nice to get a couple of hours with the car before making a decision, but I don't know if they'd let me go that far. Any shop reccomendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try the jaguar dealer, Stevinson Imports in littleton

Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

from a dealer myself it would be a little unreasonable to ask to drive the car so far away, they actually might not even like you taking it yourself but take it for you. Im sure they will want you to have the deal worked out 100% so neither of you wastes time on the inspection if it will be irrelevant.

dont be scared by any of the findings, sometimes franchise dealers will find things and sometimes make people worry more then they should. this is so either you have them fix the problem or you buy one of theirs instead.

I do agree you are wise to get it done ahead of time, keep in mind its a used car and not necc perfect and it will need servicing...hope that helps!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwmrks
Hi! I'm on the verge of getting an XK8 and I found a 2000 that seems to have been well cared for. I'd be trading in a Subaru and am not sure how smart (or more likely dumb ) that would be just before winter here in Colorado. Anyway, the car is in Denver, but I'm from Pueblo so don't know the shops in the Denver area. Any reccomendations for a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection? I had my XJ6 inspected at Councorse in Colorado Springs, and have had Pueblo Imports service the XJ. I feel confident in both shops. I didn't ask the dealer if I could drive the car from Denver to one of those shops for an inspection. That would be nice to get a couple of hours with the car before making a decision, but I don't know if they'd let me go that far. Any shop reccomendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi,

I don't know if you ever bought the Jag you mentioned but in any case, I'm wondering if you have considered joining the Jaguar Club of Southern Colorado. My name is Tom Miller and I'm one of the Board Members of the club and we would welcome more Jag owners from Pueblo. We have many events that you would enjoy participating in each year, such as trips, track days (in Pueblo) rallies, slaloms, and drives to interesting locations. I have a 2007 XKR (with some mods by Concours in CS). Drop me an e-mail if you would be interested in joining the club, or just talking cars. e-mail is: tlmsail@comcast.net

Take care,

Tom Miller

Last edited by tlmsail; 05-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Jaguar Denver, 303 934 5400, minutes away from Santa Fe and Evans.
Took my recently acquired XKR 2002 coupe to good ole' Ted and company, where they confirmed very good mechanical maintenance work by prior owner with exception of front brakes that ran me $600 (vs local dealer $1600). Very friendly guys whose advice was helpful as I was looking.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

I won't use or recommend Stevinson to anyone. I took my STR there for them to check my CATS fault. I had an appointment and they still took 3 hours just to read the code. They also couldn't tell me what the code meant and wanted to guess at how to fix it. Then they tried to tell me the electrical connector on top of the tranny was leaking after I had just replaced it the previous week. I did an oil change the following day and looked at the tranny area and it was completely dry around the electrical connector, entire pan and transmission. I would avoid their service department if it were me.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

If you want to meet me, I can look for some various things I missed on mine (2002) and you can compare to my ride as well. For serious mechanical inspection, a must, I still advise Jaguar Denver (an independent Jag shop) as they can charge you under $200 to actually open the left valve covers and see whether your timing chain tensioners and timing chain need replacing.