US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

1996 Jaguar XJ6 not accelerating

Old 08-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 1996 Jaguar XJ6 not accelerating

A few days ago, I started hearing a strange rumbling/gurgling sound from around the back seat of my Jaguar. I checked both exhausts and I found that my left exhaust was making a sound that sounded a little bit like water sloshing around. It was very cool, as well. The right exhaust didn't have this sound and it was blowing extremely hot. Later on that day, I was driving down the road and my accelerator went all the way down to the floor, but the car didn't move and it basically lost all power for about 2 seconds.

The next day, I had the same issues. The car kept spontaneously losing power and the noise continued, but got louder. All of the vitals in the car look fine. The engine appeared to be running smoothly.

Today I was driving on the highway at around 50 mph. The car was alright, but it kept losing power, like before. Then, things got really bad. The car started sputtering and I was losing power for much longer. I kept touching the pedal, but the car wouldn't move. Then, the power steering went out, the car wouldn't shift, both pedals got stiff, and my dash light up with warning lights. Right now, the check engine and transmition fault lights are on.

Afterwards, I made it into a parking lot and I started the car. It starting fine, but the ide kept on pulsing and the noise got really bad. I can drive it for about 20 feet before the pedal gives out and I can't accelerate anymore. Eventually, the car just shuts down.

I don't know what this could be and it's really got me stumped. Do I need a new car?