US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Jag Techs Mid West US

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Jagtech in the Greater Cincinnati Area

I am looking for a jagtech in the greater cincinnati area to spend a couple of hours with my 03 x-type. I have a bunch of little problems with my 03 x-type that I need help with diagnosing.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

As I've mentioned in other posts, both Fields (Milwaukee & Madison) and Jenkins (Milwaukee) are great dealerships offering premium service and experience. I feel like a king when I go there! However, in Madison, I MUST recommend Phoenix Foreign Auto Service. The owner's name is Harry, with Bob serving as the second technician. Marlene works the office and answers the phone. The place if very Madisonian... earthy, green, wonderful. Classical music playing throughout the shop. When I was experiencing transmission problems once, Harry sat down with me for quite a while to listen to the symptoms - just like a doctor's visit! I found them on the Car Talk Mechanics Files. Great place.

The following 2 users liked this post by MidwestJag:
Obiwancatnobi (02-18-2024), Steve_C (05-08-2022)
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Indianapolis Jaguar Master Service Tech - Guild winner

Originally Posted by kojo
I am looking for a jagtech in the greater cincinnati area to spend a couple of hours with my 03 x-type. I have a bunch of little problems with my 03 x-type that I need help with diagnosing.
Cincy to Indy is what, 2 - 2 1/2 hrs? Same for me out of Central Illinois, but WOW, was I ever happy. My S-type was a basket case of warning lights, messages, and beeps. Some real, some not. I needed real help and found it right here on the forum. Oh sure, the members gave me lots of good tips and info in their effort to help, but it was the connection that I made with the Tom Wood Jaguar dealership technician in Indy that finally diagnosised and repaired my S-type. Steve Petry is a Jaguar Master Service technician who is a multiple Guild winner (a competition among Jag techs.) It is not cheap, but it is the best hire you could make.

The following users liked this post:
intltrade0823 (06-16-2018)
Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM

Roos50; 2001 XK8 . Need a key made and reprogram key fobs. Moore Jag. in St.Louis just went out of business. Who next closest dealer?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AustinMartus - Michigan Tech

Please give me an email shout. I do not want to go the dealership.....

Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Can you email me your contact number? I have minor repairs that do not need to be at the dealership. Such as....fuel filter, fuel pumps (both). However, I will need to go to the dealership for 90k maintenance.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Default Jag Tech in St. Louis, MO

Hi All, with Moore Jaguar out of business, does anyone have a reco for a good Jag technician in STL? I have some electrical issues on my 02 XK8 and would like to avoid having to pay someone to learn the car and its idiosyncrasies.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

For the Cleveland/northern Ohio people, I've had my Vanden Plas serviced by Dean at West End Rover+Jag in Parma a couple of times now, and I will definitely go back. Very fair on the prices, very knowledgeable, very thorough. I have no affiliation with them; just a happy customer.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Body Shop

Howdy Everyone!
I haven't needed anything for our 2003 XJ8 yet, but last night it got hit in the rear pretty good. I need a Body Shop I can take this car to, I don't trust just anyone with it. I've been a mechanic on Cars/Trucks/Tractor Trailers/Anything that fits through the door, but I am no bodyman. I am correct in that this car has aluminum body panels and requires specific treatment?

I need to find someone in the St. Louis, MO. area if possible, but I see dealers in Chicago area. One concern I had about that was their website said they job out bodywork but stand behind the repair. That being the case, I should be able to find a shop myself, I hope.

Any advice is greatly appreaciated.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Popeye
If you are anywhere near northern OH the place to go is North Coast Exotics in Cleveland. Earl Gibbs is the most knowledgeable Jag man around. He is very skilled at diagnostics and repair. He knows Jags. I've been going to him for 20 years. He has always treated me very fairly. The cost of a visit to Earl is always lower than going to a dealer. He is simply the best. His number is (216) 651-5512. Give him a call and tell him Gary sent you.
I am currently in Afghanistan but I live in the Toledo area. Does he have an email address I can contact him through. As you can imagine trying to take care of things over the phone while out here is... difficult to say the least. I am trying to get some work done on my car while I am deployed. Getting things taken care of while I am gone give me that much less to worry about while I am home you know.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Default Looking for 3.8S mechanic

Any recommendations for a qualified and reasonable tech/shop to bring my '64 3.8S back to life in Michigan? Preferably Detroit metro area...

Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 AM

Kevin,
The email address to contact Earl and North Coast Exotics is nc3159@aol.com.

I spoke to him yesterday and told him you may be emailing him from Afghanistan about your Jag in Toledo.
Gary

Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had good luck with a small shop in Lincoln, IL, True Auto. I'm planning on checking out the Peoria shop in the next month.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Gary,

Thank you for the email address. I should be home in November so hopefully it is not snowing when I get home so I can get it in the shop.

Kevin

Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Default Looking in MN for a good mechanic also

Originally Posted by Gandalfthegray
Hello, can anyone advise a shop in the Minnesota area? I am located in the northern part of the state, but the Twin Cities is ok as well. I'm used to having to bring cars there.
Hi Gandalfthegrey,

were you ever able to find a good tech in the twin cities area? I just bought my X-Type and the dealer sent me to Metric Auto Works in Woodbury, MN. they seemed to be legit but i wondered if there were others around that folks trusted with their cars and were honest. I don't mind paying the $$ to maintain her just want the guys to be honest with me since i'm not that mechanically inclined.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up SW Michigan Service

I have heard good things from other trusted owners re Jeff @ Denooyer in Kalamazoo. Also met with Classic Imports in New Buffalo and was favorably impressed although I've not used either yet.

Last edited by Jag Pilot; 02-26-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Looking for a shop to do the heavy lifting.

Oh great I'm in the metro Detroit area and need to have oil pan leak repaired and have been looking for a shop other than the two jag dealers (to no avail) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of breaking down and have the troy dealer do the repair, think I will look a bit longer, leaks a little but I'm sure it will get worse.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default For those near the Twin Cities, MN...

I have seen a few posts regarding Minnesota techs. I haven't checked the place out yet, but you may try Top Gear Autoworks in Minneapolis. I'm going to drive down there and check the place out, they seem to be a top notch operation, and after reading through their website I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Here's the link:

Top Gear Autoworks

Old 05-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Default The Best Jag Repair in Kansas City, MO

Again, Look up J&S in Kansas City, MO. The Owner is Jessie Smith, he formerly worked at Arisotocrat Motors. But has been in this location for 35 years. They are located on Admiral Blve. They also do a lot of work for Star Motors too.. 816-842-2447. If you don't mind a less than stellar waiting area - They are the best. They keep my 2002 S-Type spinning like a top!!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

All of my former recommendations for the Madison WI area are still good, but I need to add another - Madison Automotive, and Troy its owner. It's located near Phoenix actually, off Fish Hatchery Road. Since I last reported, Harry retired from Phoenix and Bob recommended me to Troy since his workload was a little much just then. Troy has been amazing - very laid back and knowledgeable, and not at all intimidated by "unusual" cars. If you're looking for a technician in Madison, check out Madison Automotive!

Quick Reply: Jag Techs Mid West US