US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

New member in Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New member in Indianapolis

Hey guys/gals, just wanted hello and share my trials and tribulations of looking for and buying a Jag.

I'm an English guy who moved over to the USA for my job, been here for 2 years and love the classic XJ/XJR in Burgundy or deep gray.

I was reading up on XJ/XJR's and read all about tensioners from 1998 to 2002, found a 1998 burgundy XJR on autotrader, the inspection was all clear and agreed a price accounting for $1500 for tensioner replacement (a friend is more than handy with a wrench) but after taking out a rental car the guy went back on his deal (-$50).

Found a good deal on a 2003 deep grey Jaguar XJ on craigslist and the carfax was decent, the guy agreed an inspection but never heard anymore from him, what a time waster!

My backup was a 1 owner silver 2003 XJ from a dealer on autotrader, carfax showed a great service history and I knocked $500 of the KBB dealer price, after a couple of phonecalls the reputable dealer came down to my price and I'm chuffed to be a new used Jag owner, Awesome!!!

I Look forward to talking to fellow Jag enthusiasts...

Jon

Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,124 Likes on 790 Posts

Hi again, Jon. If you ever happen up to Michigan City / Northwest let me know.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathan.relentless
Hey guys/gals, just wanted hello and share my trials and tribulations of looking for and buying a Jag.

I'm an English guy who moved over to the USA for my job, been here for 2 years and love the classic XJ/XJR in Burgundy or deep gray.

I was reading up on XJ/XJR's and read all about tensioners from 1998 to 2002, found a 1998 burgundy XJR on autotrader, the inspection was all clear and agreed a price accounting for $1500 for tensioner replacement (a friend is more than handy with a wrench) but after taking out a rental car the guy went back on his deal (-$50).

Found a good deal on a 2003 deep grey Jaguar XJ on craigslist and the carfax was decent, the guy agreed an inspection but never heard anymore from him, what a time waster!

My backup was a 1 owner silver 2003 XJ from a dealer on autotrader, carfax showed a great service history and I knocked $500 of the KBB dealer price, after a couple of phonecalls the reputable dealer came down to my price and I'm chuffed to be a new used Jag owner, Awesome!!!

I Look forward to talking to fellow Jag enthusiasts...

Jon
Hey John, How's Jag ownership, and Indy, treating you? Unusually rough winter this year. Fortunately, I bought an AWD XF just before first snow.

There's a lot of Jag heads here in Indy and a really good Jag club. Let me know if you're interested.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jonathan, I will be driving my new to me 2004 XJR down to Indy this weekend. I have only owned it for a week and can not wait for the drive down I65 from Northwest Indiana. I just hope my foot doesn't get too heavy! The car is so fun to drive and so very fast.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Default howdy!

I'm glad we're finally released from the winter prison!
My jag heaters were a bit underpowered for temperatures below zero despite having my heater core flushed, at least the heated seats worked well.

Enjoy your xjr, I love that car in red!

Cheers,

Jon

Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome Jonathon. Great Jag club and Great Jag dealer in town. Steve Petry is noted as one of the "Top" Jag techs in the country at Tom Wood.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billydjenn
Welcome Jonathon. Great Jag club and Great Jag dealer in town. Steve Petry is noted as one of the "Top" Jag techs in the country at Tom Wood.

just checking in since I saw "Indy". used to live there and many years ago worked at Tom Wood Jaguar. Steve was there then and yes, he IS a great tech. good to hear he's still there. I think Service Advisors Dan and Matt are still here as well. you should be in great hands there!

Old 04-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John
l too am an English man in indy, been here 15 yrs.Two hags a 2001 xjr and a 1993 xj6

Old 01-26-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JagJonz
Hey John, How's Jag ownership, and Indy, treating you? Unusually rough winter this year. Fortunately, I bought an AWD XF just before first snow.

There's a lot of Jag heads here in Indy and a really good Jag club. Let me know if you're interested.
I didn't know there was a Jag Club in Indy. Could I get more information please?

Thanks,

Norman

Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NCamie
I didn't know there was a Jag Club in Indy. Could I get more information please?

Thanks,

Norman
Jaguar Association of Greater Indiana

Here's link to the Indy Jag Club's page on JCNA site. You can find contact info there, or contact Steve Petry, Master Tech at Tom Wood. He's great and will point you in right direction. I believe we have a tech session coming up sometime in Feb?

Steve