US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Anyone with black alcantara XF headliner want to trade for a beige one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Anyone with black alcantara XF headliner want to trade for a beige one?

My car came with the beige alcantara headliner, but i feel that a black one would be much more suited with my black/london tan interior. my second option is to get it professionally dyed.

anyone care to make a trade? my beige one for your black? its for X250 XF's

i know it'll be slim to none to find someone, but worth asking anyway.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hii

I feel the same way I have the London tan interior with the beige headliner it does not look good it's not that bad actually it's actually very classy but it gets dirty around the c-pillar and on the side of the car I would prefer to have black also if you know of anyone who does it that can dye it that color let me know but I really don't think it's a good idea to probably won't feel the same as it does now we probably should just get the ones we have scotch guarded so it doesn't get discolored

Old 01-31-2023, 04:15 PM
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

I also have the London Tan & Black leather, and my car also came with the beige alcantara headliner and pillar trim, which I've always thought looked extremely awkward. Plus, everyone who gets in the car always wants to touch the alcantara, and the beige gets dirty-looking easier than dark colors. I definitely agree that the black alcantara would go with the London Tan & Black leather a lot better, and since I have to replace my sagging headliner anyway, I decided to take care of it. However, the problem with dyeing the original beige alcantara to black is that, even if the dye job goes perfectly, all of the plastic in the pillars (seatbelt guides, airbag screw covers, etc.), as well as the overhead consoles, sunroof trim panel handle, grab handles, etc. would still be beige, unless you paint them (total nightmare which I'm sure would peel, eventually - especially the sliding seatbelt guides). So, I simply ordered used OE versions of all of the black alcantara pillar parts, the sunroof trim panel, and sun visors (all with black plastic), as well as black overhead consoles, black grab handles, etc. from eBay for less than $400. Now I'll just replace my headliner with matching black alcantara and sell all of my original beige stuff. Besides any of the shipping costs and sales fees, it should only cost me about $200 to go from beige to black (not including replacing the headliner).

Beige and Black Alcantara Pieces Together Before Reinstall