US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Jag Techs North East US

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagnit
David, I have had the pleasure of stopping in Motorcars Incorporated in Plainville, CT and arriving just after they closed, however he offered to let me in to look around as long as I wanted to, he was prepping a car for an upcoming race. What a nice facility and great friendly people. I visit the area often and will most definitely drop back in during normal hours.
Your experience with Motorcars Inc. is not the exception. Motorcars Inc. just did some work for me. If the need arises and a repair I'm not comfortable doing myself or just too lazy to do anymore comes to be that's where the car will go, plain and simple. I see them at Limerock Park in the summer racing their Jag which goes like stink! By the way, the repair work they did for me is problem free!
RB

Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jimangle
Thank you! The car is in their care now.

Jim

How did you make out? I'm debating whether to take the trip there from Jersey.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Road Trip ???

Hey Samantha,

Go to Conn. from NJ!!!! I don't want to ruin your desire for a road trip.,BUT.
Check out the threads of this senior member: androulakis. He has a shop in Hamilton, NJ. I haven't personally used his service but by following his threads for some time, I would certainly check it out.

Regards from New Jursy

The following users liked this post:
androulakis (04-28-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Location: Pawleys Island, SC USA (formerly from Tabernacle, NJ USA)
Received 182 Likes on 158 Posts
Default I second that.

Originally Posted by StypeRowner
Check out the threads of this senior member: androulakis. He has a shop in Hamilton, NJ. I haven't personally used his service but by following his threads for some time, I would certainly check it out
I second that. I've read androulakis's comments for the past year and he knows these cars inside and out. He's in Hamilton Twp (Mercer County) if I'm not mistaken.
Steve

androulakis (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StypeRowner
Hey Samantha,

Go to Conn. from NJ!!!! I don't want to ruin your desire for a road trip.,BUT.
Check out the threads of this senior member: androulakis. He has a shop in Hamilton, NJ. I haven't personally used his service but by following his threads for some time, I would certainly check it out.

Regards from New Jursy

I read too quickly. Didn't realize it was Ct. I have to go back & look at the post. I thought it was in PA.

Last edited by Samantha; 04-29-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Jumpin' Jag Flash (04-29-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Cloverleaf Auto Service

Has anyone dealt with Cloverleaf Auto Service in Malvern, PA? I stopped by there today and spoke with the owner, and they seem to have the knowledge and experience I'm looking for. Going to try them out changing the transmission oil and filter on my XK8.

Thanks,

Max

Old 07-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

MAX224 - I used Cloverleaf for several years to help me maintain my 84 Jag VP when I lived in the Wynnewood/Ardmore area. They are very good, very knowledgeable and all around good guys. I highly recommend Cloverleaf! Good luck - I don't think you will be disappointed.

The following 2 users liked this post by rrthomas:
daomoniker (10-20-2015), max224 (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just used Cloverleaf for the headgasket repair in my XKR. Although they did a good job, it took them FOREVER (7 months). For my experience, I was told to bring the car in at a specific time so they could start working on it. After I dropped the car off, it took them two months to even start working on it, I almost pulled it out of their shop, but they reassured me they would get right on it. When I would call for updates it was always something like, "I should be this far by next week" and it was never accurate, not even close. Sometimes weeks would go by and they didn't touch the car because they were working on someone else's (WTF?). I understand it's a big job, but when I had another reputable shop tell me it would take them a week to do the job, and would give me a loaner vehicle in the meantime (cloverleaf already had the vehicle and a deposit for the repair), I didn't think this shop would take f'n 7 months to do the job.

The following 2 users liked this post by jimangle:
Hitch (10-25-2016), max224 (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by jimangle
I just used Cloverleaf for the headgasket repair in my XKR. Although they did a good job, it took them FOREVER (7 months). For my experience, I was told to bring the car in at a specific time so they could start working on it. After I dropped the car off, it took them two months to even start working on it, I almost pulled it out of their shop, but they reassured me they would get right on it. When I would call for updates it was always something like, "I should be this far by next week" and it was never accurate, not even close. Sometimes weeks would go by and they didn't touch the car because they were working on someone else's (WTF?). I understand it's a big job, but when I had another reputable shop tell me it would take them a week to do the job, and would give me a loaner vehicle in the meantime (cloverleaf already had the vehicle and a deposit for the repair), I didn't think this shop would take f'n 7 months to do the job.
Thanks for that informative reviews; interesting and very different experiences. I was planning to use them to change the transmission oil in my XK8; a one day job at best. I also inquired about the cost of changing out the timing chain tensioners and guides and was told $ 2,800! The local Jaguar dealer quoted me $ 2,000, and I thought that seemed high. I would, and could do the job myself if I weren't waiting on shoulder surgery.

I'm going to check back with them (Cloverleaf) to confirm the cost (and inquire about the time the work would require), but I'm also exploring other alternatives near where I live (West Chester, PA). There's a local Jag dealer and another independent shop not far away. Finding the right mechanic is like conducting a job interview sometimes.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by max224
Thanks for that informative reviews; interesting and very different experiences. I was planning to use them to change the transmission oil in my XK8; a one day job at best. I also inquired about the cost of changing out the timing chain tensioners and guides and was told $ 2,800! The local Jaguar dealer quoted me $ 2,000, and I thought that seemed high. I would, and could do the job myself if I weren't waiting on shoulder surgery.

I'm going to check back with them (Cloverleaf) to confirm the cost (and inquire about the time the work would require), but I'm also exploring other alternatives near where I live (West Chester, PA). There's a local Jag dealer and another independent shop not far away. Finding the right mechanic is like conducting a job interview sometimes.

Max, you could always give us a call here at Land Rover Wilmington. I am the former Jaguar shop foreman from Jaguar West Chester and I do all the Jaguar work that comes through this Land Rover dealership and we have many happy customers. We even have the parts necessary for your transmission service in stock if your car has the ZF 6HP transmission. Give Will a call at 302 992-9400. Thanks!

Last edited by BlackX300VDP; 07-16-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: clarifying
Old 07-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion of your dealership to service my XK8. I left a message for Will and hopefully he'll get back to me.

Max

Old 08-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Flemington NJ Mechanic

Just thought I'd throw out Flemington Foreign Car in, strangely enough, Flemington NJ (on the Rt 12 circle/rotary).

Joe, the owner, is a former 'ticketed' Jag dealer mechanic, works on a range of high-end cars, but has the chops and experience. I use him for other work, and have never had an issue. Has night drop off, open 8A-6P. Knowledgeable, personable (former Marine, by the by), and has some top-notch techs who really care about doing it right the first time.

Gave me a quote for the timing chain/tensioner/wp/thermo job...and it was less, using OEM parts, than I've seen passing by on some of these messages.

Honest, too. You can tell a bit about how he runs his business...the shop is clean, tools put away at close...really cares about doing a good job.

FWIW, his number is 908-806-2277, and, no financial interest other than as a satisfied customer for over 20 years.

Last edited by bdboyle; 08-04-2014 at 08:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bdboyle:
daomoniker (10-20-2015), Jumpin' Jag Flash (08-05-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What about Philadelphia pa?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jaguar Service in North-Central PA?

Any recommendations for Jaguar service within 50 miles of Williamsport, PA? It's a relatively remote location for northeast US: 3+ hour drive to NYC, Philly, or Pittsburgh. Am new Jaguar owner and hope to own this beauty for a long time. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default North-central PA Jag service

Found a indie with Jag experience in the middle of the Pennsylvania wilderness. Jeff and Seth at Wellsoboro Automotive provided a thorough inspection of the car my wife bought me on the internet (talk about rolling the dice).

They flushed coolant, brake fluid and power steering fluid and road tested at reasonable cost. They found a small leak in the left front strut which did not need immediate repair. I will go back to them for that fix.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Does anyone have a good sense of quality Jag technicians in Fairfield County, CT?

Thank you - trying to plan ahead!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I still use J&J in Westport. They moved a year or two ago, still on the Post Road. They specialize in Jaguars and are very honest. It's always expensive but less than dealer service. You can't miss their shop - they have a whole parking lot of old XJs and a Bentley, some of which appear to have been abandoned by their owners!

Dallas Rockford (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by GregW
I still use J&J in Westport. They moved a year or two ago, still on the Post Road. They specialize in Jaguars and are very honest. It's always expensive but less than dealer service. You can't miss their shop - they have a whole parking lot of old XJs and a Bentley, some of which appear to have been abandoned by their owners!
Thank you - this could work. Curiously wondering and trying to get a sense of Westport pricing - what does an oil change cost there, roughly?

Thank you for replying

Old 06-19-2016, 06:16 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Oil and filter change runs about $100. Here's an invoice I found from 2012:

Oil, $3.95 x 7 = $27.65
Windshield Wash, 0.5 x $3.50 = $1.75
BG Oil Treatment, 1 x $9.95 = $9.95
Oil Filter, $18.39

Labor - $28
Parts - $57.74
Taxes/fees - $12.96

Dallas Rockford (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 06:38 AM

Thanks Greg - that gives me a good sense and is what I expected.

Quick Reply: Jag Techs North East US