US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Jaguar Dealers in Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar Dealers in Philly area

I live 5 mins from The Great Britains and am looking to buy an F-type in the next few months. Has anyone had experience with them? Are other local dealers, ie. Jaguar Main Line or Jaguar of Westchester worth looking at? I will service at Great Britains in Willow Grove, but will buy from the dealer offering me the best price, even out of state.

The following users liked this post:
daomoniker (10-16-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I received a fantastic deal from Jaguar West Chester on my F-Type and my wife's Evoque. Mainline/Great Britain's didn't want to negotiate with me at all.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
I received a fantastic deal from Jaguar West Chester on my F-Type and my wife's Evoque. Mainline/Great Britain's didn't want to negotiate with me at all.
Shaun, that's very helpful info. I have bought cars from out of state on several occasions - any dealer is happy to service them. Appreciate the insight. I will certainly touch base with Jaguar West Chester. Can you let me know who you've dealt with - PM me at pgold1230@comcast.net if you can and let me know who I should talk to there. Maybe you can get a finder's fee!

Old 08-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I sent you an email

Old 08-21-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
I sent you an email
Got it and thanks again for the great info! I'll be in touch.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

I had a good experience with Cherry Hill Jag on Rt 70 on the people's republic side of the Delaware back in May. Brian, the sales type, was effortless to work with, decent negotiator, and the model (it was a '13 XF out of the JLR USA executive car park in northern NJ) was just what I was looking for. Even took my 3 year old Jetta TDI w/36K miles (talk about dodging a bullet with that, right?) in trade for $1K over bluebook to make it all work out.

Been using Reedman in Fairless Hills for service. No complaints there.

Did my shopping around for about 6 months to find the XF that pressed all the right buttons. Shopped the Great Britians, Reedman, Mainline, the showroom in Edison NJ, Madison. Great Britians was willing to deal a little, but their selection was a bit limited (they all are...let's face it, there is not a big forecourt of previously owned Jags out there) and didn't have the color I was looking for (didn't want black on black), Reedman only had one, Mainline didn't have any XFs older than '14, and Edison NJ was high-pressure (ex-NY'ers, I guess...).

Good luck with whomever you do business with. I think, a couple years into the XE range, I'll be dealing with Reedman; they seem to know what it takes (I had my XF in for some minor warranty service a couple weeks ago...wandered over to the showroom...started talking with the sales guy...he threw me the keys to a demo F Type and said "have fun for a half hour" (when he discovered that I was a service customer and not some droid off the street...).

The following users liked this post:
daomoniker (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 09:04 AM

Bryan, great information, but as it turns out, not relevant to me at this point. I drove the F-type - absolutely loved the looks (prettiest car on the road IMO), but the car is incredibly loud (V6 S) and the clutch and shifter were both sub-par. I'm sure the auto is better but I really love a manual. Drove a new Boxster S and loved it -- so ordered one for December build from Porsche of the Main Line. Very excited to get it. Thanks for your info - I really do love the new Jaguars, but as for the F-type, simply not for me.

Phil

Old 10-28-2015, 05:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Bryan, great information, but as it turns out, not relevant to me at this point. I drove the F-type - absolutely loved the looks (prettiest car on the road IMO), but the car is incredibly loud (V6 S)

Phil

Incredibly loud? I think that's the point. You should hear the Type R! I wish I could get one of those loud cars. To each his own, I guess.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

The FType is loud when you want it to be and can be quieter as well. It's all in how you drive it. But when it's loud, it's glorious.