US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

NJ Dealership - Madison Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default NJ Dealership - Madison Jaguar

Hi Folks
There are plenty of "bad results" dealership stories on forums, including this one of course. However, I have some input for you all, that I hope you see as a value add. I have no affiliation with this dealer, and in fact bought my 2015 F-Type from them, after buying my XJL from an alternate dealer.

Bottom line, this dealership is one of the best that I have had the pleasure to deal with, in Madison New Jersey. They are excellent from the Sale (Michael Morgan) to the Service (Al Peppe and team). Why?

1. - Deal, as always went back and forth a few times, but for ample reasoning on both ends. Angelo, the sales Manager stepped up and we were two "city" guys totally aligned.

2. - I was sad to listen to the Meridian audio system, and when I brought it back in to Madison, Al and team in service stepped up to the plate, diagnosed the problem, explained it to me, fixed it, and now the car sounds materially better (not perfect but materially improved). I have "lost the rattles", and couldn't be happier about this.

3. - Al gave me an "end to end" check of the car, and a clean bill of health, which we both expected, but get this. He advised me on something 3 weeks ago, and after analysis and research, he was spot on. his honesty, and knowledge is second to none.

So, I wanted to let you on the local Northeast site in NJ know that this dealership is the place that I will go to from now on, mainly because I felt better than a customer, and happier with the result. Perfect...!!!

Hope this helps, and remember, those with the rattled, "dynomat the doors". It works, and make sure that the person doing it is as skilled as these guys are. They did the right thing by me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!

The following 2 users liked this post by slojotaa:
abonano (07-05-2015), Jumpin' Jag Flash (05-14-2015)
Old 04-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for sharing the info. They are a little far for me, but I will keep them in mind.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (04-19-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silly question, but how do you like your F-Type. My DD is currently a 2007 Z4 coupe and the F-Type is on my short list of replacements.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawmax
Silly question, but how do you like your F-Type. My DD is currently a 2007 Z4 coupe and the F-Type is on my short list of replacements.
Hi
On balance, it is probably the best car I have ever owned from multiple dimensions. I love the F-Type S, and this is what I purchased. Pep, drive, exhaust note, features, look, all of it is awesome. The only downside, I am working with JLR on, and that is the audio. We will get this resolved, but the only downside. Some mind it, and some don't. The 2016 has the upgraded 770W system as a base option. Not many people have complained about the 16's as they did in the prior models, but then again, not 100% of the folks have complained about it in the prior models. A big debate on this.

Again, I love the Jaguar F-Type, own the XJL (2014) and two different but very nice vehicles. If you are debating a "grown-up's toy", this is the right purchase. Again, I love it, and happy I bought it!

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

thats a great review!

I've leased 2 cars from Madison Jaguar a long time ago. I dealt with a guy named Hal Church (he's no longer there).

funny story about that guy....in 2003 i went to check out a Vanden Plas...it was an ugly rainy day...i walked into the dealership with my friend and Hal was the only salesman there....and he was being SO RUDE....any right minded person would have walked out and never looked back. but i really wanted that car. We couldnt agree on numbers so i left.

a few days later he calls me, in a much better mood...tells me he can work something out....5 minutes later i was setting up an appointment to pick up the car that night. I got to the dealership and he was a totally different person. so happy to see me! I guess he was just having a really bad day that first time.

2 years later my lease was coming to an end and I wanted another car. I set up an appointment with Hal to check out the XF (it had just launched at the time). I show up, we chit chat for a bit and he just tosses me the keys....tells me to go out without him and to have fun..."you break it you bought it". At the end of the day our numbers didnt add up, but he was still a pleasant guy to deal with.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Fond Madison Jaguar Memories +

Hello,

Soldiers and Vets, Thank You for your Service and sacrifice for us on this day of remembrance.
This thread brought back some wonderful memories and some not so.
In 1999 while driving past the Madison dealership on my way to Fairleigh Dickinson University; I saw, for the first time, the newly introduced S-Type sitting prominently on their lot. I fell in Love right there!!!!
It took me until 2003 to buy an off lease 2000 S-Type. Trouble is I really hated its transmission, I suspected it was rubber band driven and no flash could fix it!!! I Loved the S-Type so much that I traded it in taking a MONSTER loss for my present 2004 STR which I Love, thank You ZF, in all ways and always will.

Best Regards All, Happy Memorial Day

Old 07-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I see this thread is getting a bit old, but I was reading the OP and Michael Morgan was also my salesman. I've had a nothing but great experience in any dealings I had with them. All my scheduled services went smooth, and they didn't waste any time replacing my water pump when they suspected an issue looming.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (07-03-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
thats a great review!

I've leased 2 cars from Madison Jaguar a long time ago. I dealt with a guy named Hal Church (he's no longer there).

funny story about that guy....in 2003 i went to check out a Vanden Plas...it was an ugly rainy day...i walked into the dealership with my friend and Hal was the only salesman there....and he was being SO RUDE....any right minded person would have walked out and never looked back. but i really wanted that car. We couldnt agree on numbers so i left.

a few days later he calls me, in a much better mood...tells me he can work something out....5 minutes later i was setting up an appointment to pick up the car that night. I got to the dealership and he was a totally different person. so happy to see me! I guess he was just having a really bad day that first time.

2 years later my lease was coming to an end and I wanted another car. I set up an appointment with Hal to check out the XF (it had just launched at the time). I show up, we chit chat for a bit and he just tosses me the keys....tells me to go out without him and to have fun..."you break it you bought it". At the end of the day our numbers didnt add up, but he was still a pleasant guy to deal with.
Hal sold me my XKR back in November 2011. As with you, he just tossed the keys to me and I took it out for a test drive. Hal was the consummate salesperson. 2 years later when I went back to purchase my XF they told me Hal "retired" and the salesperson I dealt with was not up to par. He always had to accompany me on test drives (like I'm going to steal it and drive the it across the border )

On the whole Madison Jaguar is a cut above the rest in the NY metro region.

Mike