US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

April drive proposal

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
Default April drive proposal

Friends,

I have a proposal for an April drive. The schedule and destination are preliminary and may need some tweaking.

Saturday, April 29th
-Meet in Kingston 7:45-8:00 AM
(this allows those coming from the east side of the Sound to catch the 7:10 ferry at Edmonds and have time to meet up)
-~60 miles drive to Port Angeles, 8-9:30 AM
-brunch in Port Angeles (IHop or Pancake House type place) 930-1000
-~75 miles drive to Neah Bay, 10AM-Noon
-picnic with brown bag lunch at Cape Flattery, Noon-1PM
-~75 miles drive to Port Angeles, 1-3PM
-~60 miles drive to Kingston, 3-430PM
-dinner (fish & chips or the like) in Kingston, 430-600
ferry to Edmonds 6:10 or 7:00

What does everyone think? I sure am ready for a Jaguar group drive.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I'm in!

Really really really long day though.... Just sayin....

Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by CleverName
I'm in!

Really really really long day though.... Just sayin....
Yes, it is a long day, mostly because it includes three meal breaks, something we have never done before as far as I recall. We could eliminate either breakfast or especially dinner to shorten the day. I built in so many breaks partly to get us out of the cars and on our feet every so often, but it can certainly be changed. Also, the drive times for each leg will probably be shorter than scheduled. You and Muddy are the pros at planning these things, please modify the schedule as you think best.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Opps

I'm out.... As in "out of my house" by the end of the month.... Gonna be a tad busy for the rest of the month...

Sorry
V

Old 04-14-2017, 12:14 AM

Sigh.
Since nobody else has said a word, I guess that means no group drive any time soon.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:07 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Kev, I'm there with ya, really really sorry...
Even if interest had been deeper, it couldn't change the spot I'm in... I'd still have to apologize and back out.
I got a convention in Spokane next week, and have to be completely out of my house by 1 May. My last two weekends are not a luxury for me right now.

I'd have made the run with you and Karen, even if it was just us.... Would still have been a memorable day for sure, <sigh>

Oh....Any hints to where the nearest tent city to Bremerton is?

V

Old 04-15-2017, 03:39 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread until tonight. Our road has been imperiled by a landslide and we've been keeping our cars in various locations off-site for the past couple of weeks. This week of relatively dry weather has been a welcome occurrence. Hopefully the road will hold (it fell about 8 inches). We brought the Ford and the VW back home yesterday, but the Jag is still tucked away in a parking garage in Edmonds.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by CleverName
Hey Kev, I'm there with ya, really really sorry...
Even if interest had been deeper, it couldn't change the spot I'm in... I'd still have to apologize and back out.
I got a convention in Spokane next week, and have to be completely out of my house by 1 May. My last two weekends are not a luxury for me right now.

I'd have made the run with you and Karen, even if it was just us.... Would still have been a memorable day for sure, <sigh>

Oh....Any hints to where the nearest tent city to Bremerton is?

V
Hey man, no need to be sorry. I know what a chore moving is. Are you saying you don't have lined up yet a place to move to? I hope that's not the case, that would really be stressful. At any rate, I was not upset at you at all, just frustrated that our driving group seems to be dying out.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydog
I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread until tonight. Our road has been imperiled by a landslide and we've been keeping our cars in various locations off-site for the past couple of weeks. This week of relatively dry weather has been a welcome occurrence. Hopefully the road will hold (it fell about 8 inches). We brought the Ford and the VW back home yesterday, but the Jag is still tucked away in a parking garage in Edmonds.
Wow Jay, I didn't know that "Muddy" was more than just a name and might refer to a mudslide taking out your road or even endangering your beautiful home. I hope the hillside stabilizes and life can get back to normal. It's enough to drive you to a "shrink." Oh, wait.
Hope we see you sometime soon.
Kevin

Old 04-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I just saw this. I'd love to do it. I live in Port Angeles and can recommend some brunch places. Unfortunately my jag is in the body shop and I likely won't have it back until mid-May.

I could meet up with you guys for brunch. Or we can postpone it by about a month and see if more people are available/interested then?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

Muddy,
Sorry to hear about the road problem. Man, the weather this winter and spring have SUCKED! I read we've had the most days of measurable rainfall, beginning October 1st, on record. Nice...
April is almost over. I'd be up for a drive in May.