US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Plano Texas - Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts
Default Plano Texas - Cars and Coffee

It was a chilly day with a few drops of rain, but it was quite enjoyable.

I took the loaner XE and my son drove the F-Type R. I was very happy to meet fellow forum member Orkney and his loaner XE as well. Very nice fellow with a some nice cars in his family history.

Anyway, here are some of the highlights from the morning... (I totally messed up the depth of field on the 918... sorry)

Beautiful Rear End!

Eleanor! GT500

Jeep mating ritual?

Brothers?

Rossion Q1

Rossion Q1

Rossion Q1

Lamborghini Aventador lp720-4 roadster

New Jaguar Eurospec XE-S

Beautiful!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by TXJagR:
Jag#4 (02-14-2016), Orkney (02-06-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR

The 570S is what I'm salivating at getting next. Finally saw one show up at McLaren in Beverly Hills.

Nice turn out. We sure could use that "Eleanor" at our upcoming Gone in 60 Seconds Rally.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
...Nice turn out. We sure could use that "Eleanor" at our upcoming Gone in 60 Seconds Rally.

Eleanor is for sale... She didn't have a price listed, and I honestly don't know enough about Mustangs to know if it was original, or even partly so...

Old 02-07-2016, 04:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts

There is or was a company in Texas that made Eleanor's!

Old 02-07-2016, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts

Would like 570S also but would have to become 1 car family! Can't even bring that up even though we are retired!

Old 02-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Where abouts was this and how often do these things happen up in Plano?
Can one get info anywhere specific ie website ?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by trosty
Where abouts was this and how often do these things happen up in Plano?
Can one get info anywhere specific ie website ?
First Saturday at Classic BMW Plano
https://www.facebook.com/Cars-And-Co...87427/?fref=ts

Old 02-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by allenman85
First Saturday at Classic BMW Plano
https://www.facebook.com/Cars-And-Co...87427/?fref=ts

The event has grown so large that if you want to be assured of finding a spot to show your car, you should be in line by 6am... I arrived at 5:30 and the line was already around the block.

If you just want to view the cars, show up any time after sun up.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Last edited by TXJagR; 02-13-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Is there a group of forum members that take their Jags out to the event? It would be sweet to have a row of Jags like the porche guys always have. I live about two miles from there, so it count me in if there is an interest

Old 02-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
Is there a group of forum members that take their Jags out to the event? It would be sweet to have a row of Jags like the porche guys always have. I live about two miles from there, so it count me in if there is an interest
Same here. I think about going often but have never made it.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts

Never been to the one in Plano but I keep saying one of these days I'll get up real early and make the trek. Used to take one of my classic cars to the Cowtown Cars and Coffee at Farrington Field in Fort Worth till a bunch of idiots woke up Congresswoman Granger in the condos across the street with their burnouts. Then they moved it up to the Texas Motor Speedway and I don't think the turnout is anywhere near what it was. Too far to go with the freeway all hosed up under construction. But its sponsored by the Jaguar dealer and they used to always bring out two or three new Jaguars. According to the facebook page, its starting again April 15th. Does the one in Plano go all year?

Old 11-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Is there one for us southerners? South DFW area? If no, how would we start one?

Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mrsclark
Is there one for us southerners? South DFW area? If no, how would we start one?
The south side of the metro doesn't drink coffee, but gets groceries I guess as there has been a get together in the parking lot of a grocery store every Friday evening for at least a decade that I know about. I go maybe a couple times a year, but Friday evenings are not particularly convenient what with not getting home till late most Fridays and then not really wanting to get a classic car out in rush hour traffic. Somebody told me that starting next year it would be moved to the parking lot of the new Summit Racing store off I-20.

Nostalgia Nights at Albertsons
Highway 287 & Sublett Road in Arlington, Texas
This cruise-in is every Friday night year round.
The Lofgrens work hard at providing venues that are family friendly with eateries nearby. They are conscientious car people who genuinely care about their "family" of car show and cruise-in participants and it doesn't stop there. It is a cruise-in and you can come and go as you please. But most stay there on Friday nights enjoying music, swapping stories, and talking about where the other car shows are. Start your weekends off with attending this cruise-in. You will go back again and again.

http://www.classicalgasmotors.com/NostalgiaNightsInfo.pdf

Old 11-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
The south side of the metro doesn't drink coffee, but gets groceries I guess as there has been a get together in the parking lot of a grocery store every Friday evening for at least a decade that I know about. I go maybe a couple times a year, but Friday evenings are not particularly convenient what with not getting home till late most Fridays and then not really wanting to get a classic car out in rush hour traffic. Somebody told me that starting next year it would be moved to the parking lot of the new Summit Racing store off I-20.

Nostalgia Nights at Albertsons
Highway 287 & Sublett Road in Arlington, Texas
This cruise-in is every Friday night year round.
The Lofgrens work hard at providing venues that are family friendly with eateries nearby. They are conscientious car people who genuinely care about their "family" of car show and cruise-in participants and it doesn't stop there. It is a cruise-in and you can come and go as you please. But most stay there on Friday nights enjoying music, swapping stories, and talking about where the other car shows are. Start your weekends off with attending this cruise-in. You will go back again and again.

http://www.classicalgasmotors.com/NostalgiaNightsInfo.pdf
Well, we DO drink coffee down south. Especially in the mornings, some of us - all day long. eh hemm...

This car show, cruise in, you are referring to only wants vintage vehicles. Which, when the Nova is running, we could do, but nowhere to cruise in to visit with other Jag drivers... I don't want to deal with the massiveness of the Plano cars and coffee. I guess we will try the Fort Worth one.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

I think having the word "nostalgia" in it is a bit of a misnomer. There's always a few late model cars. Last time I went a couple of months ago there was a group of people who'd brought all battery electric cars. In any case, what I've noticed about cruise nights is that a lot of gearheads go just to socialize and if their classic or antique won't start, they'll drive whatever they have that runs. One of my best friends has half a dozen classic cars but more often than not he'll show up in his Cadillac CTS coupe daily driver. Heck, when its hot in August, I'll take the Jaguar to a show or cruise instead just because its got working air conditioning.

Last edited by pdupler; 11-07-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Received 230 Likes on 105 Posts

Anyone going tomorrow? Haven't been in a while, so was thinking of dropping by since it's just down the street from me. Last time I went I saw a small contingent of 5 or 6 Jags leaving and was wondering if anyone on here was in it.