US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

2016 Mid to Nor Cal Track Days, Autocross, clubs / events / meetup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts
Default 2016 Mid to Nor Cal Track Days, Autocross, clubs / events / meetup?

We were getting pretty off topic in another thread, so I thought I would go regional... I am having a bit of trouble distilling all the bad websites available to us. LOL What are the main clubs for calendar events, and main groups for autocross or trackdays? After spending a bit of time, it seems it's all SF SCCA, with private groups doing autocross (aside from the Sonoma Wed nigth drag and drift starting back up)?

"Trackmasters" for NorCal people who want to hit the track north of Sac, or Sears Point Sonoma... Laguna Seca too. Trackmasters Racing Home

Looks like SF SCCA does some events in Monterey at the old Fort Ord airport in Marina? San Francisco Region SCCA - Get into motorsports today!

Also SF Speed events? Events Registration

Nasa NorCal seems to have a track day this weekend at Sonoma? http://nasanorcal.com/

A general "where 2 race" board: http://www.where2race.com/events

Help educate me on what's great or what to avoid.

Also.... Sunday early AM's in Marin to Sonoma (or Peninsula) are a GREAT time for me to roll around and find places to grab coffee. If anyone is up for it... let me know.

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 03-16-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:48 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
We were getting pretty off topic in another thread, so I thought I would go regional... I am having a bit of trouble distilling all the bad websites available to us. LOL What are the main clubs for calendar events, and main groups for autocross or trackdays? After spending a bit of time, it seems it's all SF SCCA, with private groups doing autocross (aside from the Sonoma Wed nigth drag and drift starting back up)?

"Trackmasters" for NorCal people who want to hit the track north of Sac, or Sears Point Sonoma... Laguna Seca too. Trackmasters Racing Home

Looks like SF SCCA does some events in Monterey at the old Fort Ord airport in Marina? San Francisco Region SCCA - Get into motorsports today!

Also SF Speed events? Events Registration

Nasa NorCal seems to have a track day this weekend at Sonoma? http://nasanorcal.com/

A general "where 2 race" board: Upcoming Autocross, Driver School, Club Race, Karting, Open Track and Hill Climb Event List - Where2Race

Help educate me on what's great or what to avoid.

Also.... Sunday early AM's in Marin to Sonoma (or Peninsula) are a GREAT time for me to roll around and find places to grab coffee. If anyone is up for it... let me know.

Too bad that no one ever responded to this. Anyone now?
20 years ago when I had my 993, the Porsche club had autocross days in the Candlestick parking lot. Maybe one of the clubs does a similar thing? Haven't looked into it yet... (Only 500 miles on it now, but it ~has~ been only a week )
OK, 1/2 way through the https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...150558/page15/ thread...

Old 02-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

I would love to know too as I would like to safely push my restomod to the limits more in an autocross environment.

NOCASA is a good track group where you do not have to finish a lot of events to maintain your standing like SCCA and I know they used to do before races a setup where a pro-driver is in your passenger seat and guides you thru the course giving instant advice which is great.

A good group for drives that are at pretty fast pace on the street is Road Adventures, open to any type of car. They do day trips and two day drives where they really research a long drive and they use two way radios to keep both the pack together but also coupled with good passengers looking for the law and some scanners. I did their Yosemite drive and we often averaged 90 miles an hour! That was a lot of fun so that might give you the rush you might find cool and they are in the Bay Area

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (02-19-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

When I was a SF region SCCA member there were several autocross events every year. There were also more challenging events like time trials and trackdays available, The different regions held their own events.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

Road Adventure Drives

Check out the Road Adventures website; I think you folks might find it good, as you are driving your car on real roads way faster than you would likely drive for that long of an extended drive without worry of the law

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (02-19-2017)