US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Bay Area Car Meets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bay Area Car Meets?

Are there any car meets happening for Jaguar owners in the Bay Area? I'm from Redwood City. Would be great if there was a group for Bay Area Jags. Dang!

Attached Thumbnails Bay Area Car Meets?-img_0315.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (10-19-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

There's an informal group of Bay Area Jaguar owners (BAJrs) that gets together two or three times a year for the last few years. A typical BAJrs run is a date most people can agree on, a meeting place with restrooms that's big enough for a bunch of Jags, a fun drive of around an hour and a lunch destination that's affordable for most people with, again, parking for a bunch of Jags.

My wife and I have been attending for a couple of years now and a nicer, more inclusive group of people you'd be hard pressed to find:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4893619

Since we've been attending BAJrs events, there have been meets in Los Gatos, Napa and Marin County but there have been others. Here's a page I put up to aggregate some of the video footage from the last few: http://nocryingjag.blogspot.com/p/bajrs-runs.html

Last edited by Rhett; 10-14-2015 at 07:59 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Rhett:
2011XK (10-21-2017), Johncy2000 (10-15-2015), Pilotman11 (11-10-2015), Rivguy (01-08-2018), Uncle Fishbits (10-19-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks Rhett. Look forward to meeting fellow Jaguar owners and their cars here in the Bay Area!

Uncle Fishbits (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Ditto. There are so many F-Types in Marin, and we've started waving to one another. I get down to the Peninsula quite a bit, and even further south, and north... hell anything to drive. =) Sadly, I am quite busy... but I would love to cruise along the lines of the day event. I will check it out and thanks for compiling video, Rhett =)

Johncy2000 (10-21-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 02:18 AM
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Let me know when there's another BAJrs run in Napa! I'd love to join one! Thanks Rhett for the videos!

- Pilotman

Old 12-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

How can I join the Bay Area jags? and get information about future meets?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by zmoothg
How can I join the Bay Area jags? and get information about future meets?
The BAJrs is a loose group of forum members who get together when someone gets the notion, finds the day, suggests a run/lunch spot and those who can, join. It's less a club than a bunch of people who share a desire and intention to visit with other Jag enthusiasts, drive and nosh together. There's no roster, hierarchy or membership as such, but there are regulars and new faces alike.

So far as I know, anyone can launch a BAJrs run by proposing a date, and the following:

1. A meeting location that can accommodate 10 to 20 Jaguars (with restrooms close by),
  2. A scenic route of about an hour that is suitably fun for modern Jags but not so fast that the older cars can't keep up, and ...
  3. A lunch destination that can accommodate 10 to 20 Jaguars (and their people), can satisfy most dietary restrictions and is moderately affordable.
  4. Sometimes there's wine tasting in there too. Once we had a picnic... Pretty informal stuff.

My sense is that BAJrs events used to happen several times each year, weather permitting. Due to some regulars moving out of the area and the pressures of real life, there have only been 2 in the last year or so. It's a bit of work to coordinate because you're basically host for the day, but theoretically, anyone can jump in and start one up.

Then there's the Jaguar Associates Group which is everything you would imagine a club might be, with a roster, membership dues, newsletters, elections and so forth. Seems fairly active. I joined but my Jags seem a bit tatty and common for their set, so I haven't worked up the gumption to attend any of their events.

Does that help?

Last edited by Rhett; 12-20-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:13 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhett
The BAJrs is a loose group of forum members who get together when someone gets the notion, finds the day, suggests a run/lunch spot and those who can, join. It's less a club than a bunch of people who share a desire and intention to visit with other Jag enthusiasts, drive and nosh together. There's no roster, hierarchy or membership as such, but there are regulars and new faces alike.

So far as I know, anyone can launch a BAJrs run by proposing a date, and the following:

1. A meeting location that can accommodate 10 to 20 Jaguars (with restrooms close by),
  2. A scenic route of about an hour that is suitably fun for modern Jags but not so fast that the older cars can't keep up, and ...
  3. A lunch destination that can accommodate 10 to 20 Jaguars (and their people), can satisfy most dietary restrictions and is moderately affordable.
  4. Sometimes there's wine tasting in there too. Once we had a picnic... Pretty informal stuff.

My sense is that BAJrs events used to happen several times each year, weather permitting. Due to some regulars moving out of the area and the pressures of real life, there have only been 2 in the last year or so. It's a bit of work to coordinate because you're basically host for the day, but theoretically, anyone can jump in and start one up.

Then there's the Jaguar Associates Group which is everything you would imagine a club might be, with a roster, membership dues, newsletters, elections and so forth. Seems fairly active. I joined but my Jags seem a bit tatty and common for their set, so I haven't worked up the gumption to attend any of their events.

Does that help?
Thank you, this is sort of what i was expecting, similar to the G35 meet. We used to meet sort of informally a couple times a year. It was a blast. I was curious how regular/often the Jags meet, given that these cars are low production. The G35 meets would have like 30+ cars, they were pretty fun, usually a run over Skyline to Santa Cruz or a big treasure island meets with the 350z and G35s together, it was pretty fun. Anyways, I am not the event planning type, but i look forward to joining some of the BAJrs meet ups.

I was curious is there a good place in the area to get custom work done? I need to get my springs and larger super charger pulley installed.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Wish I could help on the custom work. Maybe the F-Type people on the forum can help?

Every time I've gone on a BAJrs run, I've had a great time. Really inclusive bunch of interesting people. Which makes sense, they're the people who use the forum just to help out other people, usually strangers.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Thank you, this is sort of what i was expecting, similar to the G35 meet. We used to meet sort of informally a couple times a year. It was a blast. I was curious how regular/often the Jags meet, given that these cars are low production. The G35 meets would have like 30+ cars, they were pretty fun, usually a run over Skyline to Santa Cruz or a big treasure island meets with the 350z and G35s together, it was pretty fun. Anyways, I am not the event planning type, but i look forward to joining some of the BAJrs meet ups.

I was curious is there a good place in the area to get custom work done? I need to get my springs and larger super charger pulley installed.

Zmoothg,

You will have fun on the Bay Area Jag drives. Rhett, I look forward to your next BAJ drive!

Zmoothg, call GP Tuning at 650 302-1574 or www.gptuning.net Matt Gower He is a great car tuner and I am sure he knows the right shop to recommend for your performance upgrade installs. He tuned my restomod Jaguar and it was the best money I spent on the car as it runs so smooth thru the entire power band now.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:26 AM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

I am in Mendocino County so keep my eye out for Sonoma and Napa gatherings. I've only had my XK8 a couple months but am not new to Jaguars and am keen to get together with other Jag lovers. I know an XJS owner in Petaluma and my daughter in the Sacramento area also has a Jag (XJ8) but she works almost all weekends.

Granville

Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default JAGS

There is a group called JAGS - Jaguar Associates Group. Members are all over the Bay Area with a very wide variety of Jaguars from very vintage to current. There is a membership fee. I think it is around a hundred bucks or thereabouts. It includes a membership to the JCNA - Jaguar Clubs North America.

This weekend on Sunday 8/26/17 there will be a meet from Los Gatos to a winery in Gilroy. The website of JAGS is Jaguar Cars JCNA, Jaguar Associates Group Home (Click on the blue link) I'm not sure if its too late to register for this event at this time but it is a good group with really interesting events. Our last big event was a meet and breakfast in Mill Valley and a drive to the GGNRA missle site museum.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jagged Wire:
2011XK (10-21-2017), Sonoman (08-27-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Santa Cruz County. Please count me in on Jag get togethers.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the Petaluma area.