US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Does anyone have a mechanic in Queens NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a mechanic in Queens NY

After 10 years with my mechanic I fired has sorry *** after he pulled a fast one on me. I would like to find someone that does Jags in Queens NY or in Brooklyn if they are close to Queens.

Thanks
Double Tap

Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are very few people in Queens I would let work on my Jaguar.

1) Nortopia Mobil: At the corner of Utopia Pkwy and Northern Blvd. in Flushing. They have done my inspections, brakes, tires.. They work good and go over anything you may need before doing any work.

2) Kramers: At the intersection of Willets Point blvd and Clintonville St. in Whitestone. My parents have had work there on their cars, along with some of my friends.

3) Clearview Service: They are in College Point. Have done much work for me in the past with all my other cars. They work clean and very trustworthy.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Default Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Pete04xtype
There are very few people in Queens I would let work on my Jaguar.

1) Nortopia Mobil: At the corner of Utopia Pkwy and Northern Blvd. in Flushing. They have done my inspections, brakes, tires.. They work good and go over anything you may need before doing any work.

2) Kramers: At the intersection of Willets Point blvd and Clintonville St. in Whitestone. My parents have had work there on their cars, along with some of my friends.

3) Clearview Service: They are in College Point. Have done much work for me in the past with all my other cars. They work clean and very trustworthy.
Thank you Pete, I appreciate your response .

Double Tap

Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Default on Long Island

If you need someone on the island, I use Jagpro. They get it right and their prices are fair.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by 04blackxjr
If you need someone on the island, I use Jagpro. They get it right and their prices are fair.
Thanks for the info.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 04blackxjr
Went and spoke to Martin today.. Bringing the X in on Friday to get some work done. His prices are way better then going to the dealer.

I will let you know how the work comes out..

Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Default I look forward to the report

Originally Posted by Pete04xtype
Went and spoke to Martin today.. Bringing the X in on Friday to get some work done. His prices are way better then going to the dealer.

I will let you know how the work comes out..
I look forward to the report.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Well I got my car back from JagPro and I am very happy with his work. Martin serviced the transfer case, rear diff and did an oil change.

Cost was $200 which is WAY less money then the dealer would charge. I did not need a motor mount, but need a stabilizer. He ordered it and it will be installed next Friday. The cost is $69 for the part and 1/2 labor.

I deff recommend JagPro if you need any work done on your Jaguar. He knows Jaguars and the work is very good.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Default Going to Jagpro next Tuesday

I spoke with Martin today and made an appointment for next Tuesday. I will get an oil change and leave the car for him to diagnose my air conditioner problem, which I think is a mixing door not functioning correctly.

I also mentioned that the car sometimes goes into limp-home mode when I am using the J-Gate to down shift, which is something I do a lot. I said to him that I think this is a computer software problem. Martin said do not use the J-Gate as the transmission can't handle this type use. If I leave it in D it should not have this problem.

I will report after I get the car back.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 PM

You will be happy with his work..

Let us know how it goes..

Old 06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Default I do

I do he is really good and fair...His name is Rick tell him David sent you his # is 917-687-6942

Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Default How It Turned Out

Originally Posted by Double Tap
I spoke with Martin today and made an appointment for next Tuesday. I will get an oil change and leave the car for him to diagnose my air conditioner problem, which I think is a mixing door not functioning correctly.

I also mentioned that the car sometimes goes into limp-home mode when I am using the J-Gate to down shift, which is something I do a lot. I said to him that I think this is a computer software problem. Martin said do not use the J-Gate as the transmission can't handle this type use. If I leave it in D it should not have this problem.

I will report after I get the car back.
I brought the car in on Tuesday morning and said to Martin I wanted an oil change, (I supplied the Mobile 1 Extended and Mobile 1 Oil Filter,) plus a coolant flush and new coolant, air filter all to be supplied by Jagpro. I also explained to him that I thought I had a problem with the blend door, based upon my description of the air conditioning he thought I was correct. However after doing a diagnosis he said the blend door was functioning properly and he thought the problem was the fan module. He checked around and said that he would get one if that was the part causing the problem. He was able to get one, and he said that he thinks it was the last new one available in the USA and it will not be made anymore by Jaguar.

Here is the total cost
Oil Change labor 29.95
Coolant 125.000
Air Filter 23.60
Radiator Module 497.00
Install Module 220.00

Sub Total 895.55
Tax 77.24

Grand Total 972.79

All in all I think he is very fair, honest, and I will definitely use him for this and other cars even though it is a major hassle to go there leave a car for an indefinite amount of time.

I live 45 minutes away in crappy traffic.

Last edited by Double Tap; 07-10-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:48 PM

Im curious what he says about your a/c I have the same problem the part is almost a grand from the dealer if you get a positive result I'll check him as well

Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by pnyklr
Im curious what he says about your a/c I have the same problem the part is almost a grand from the dealer if you get a positive result I'll check him as well
After the work done above I still have the problem.
I think it is a blend door problem and I will have him check it out next week.
I am not happy about still having a problem after spending $718 parts and labor that did not solve the problem.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I Just had my 1997 xk8 serviced by a 28 year retired Jaguar mechanic on Long Island. Tensioners , an electrical gremlin , balance and rotate tires. His name is Kevin and his shop is located in Rockville Centre. Got the car back the other day and have been out every day since. Runs great and his work is outstanding. His shop number is 516-764-1700. Top notch mechanic. Tell him that Jim with the Blue 97 xk8 he just worked on suggested you call. You will not be dissapointed. It's a drive but worth it. Good luck. Look up my posts on this subject.