US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Jaguar XF 2011 purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar XF 2011 purchase advice

Hello everyone. I am from long island NY and looking to get my first Jag. Very excited. I saw a CPO 2011 XF with 47k miles in good condition for $ 27K + tax ($29,233). This is @ Jaguar of Great Neck and here is a link to the car.

Used 2011 Jaguar XF For Sale | Great Neck NY

My concern is that is that too many miles? There is another one available with 30K miles for $30K + tax.

I am inclined towards the 47k miles, as it is cheaper, will be under warranty, and the couple of thousand $ i'll save, i can use it towards repair if needed be.

I am going to test drive it in a day or 2. What specifics should I be keeping an eye/ear on?

The dealer seemed to be a nice guy. and said that there is room to negotiate for price. What number should I aim for to make it a good deal?

I do not know any one in person, who has/had owned a Jag. this is the only place I know I can count on for advice. Thank you very much.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

welcome to the forum. I own an '11 Supercharged XF. I have about18 k miles and have had only a few minor problems.. Find out if the water pump has been replaced as this is a known issue. The '11s have a 5 year 50k warranty including wear and tear items . Ask when the in service date was for each car so you can determine how much warranty is left. I would go for the lower mileage car, all other things being equal. Are they both CPO? Ask how many service appointments are left on each car that are covered by warranty. Do both cars have the same options, are colors what you want?

Old 11-15-2014, 02:58 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Many of our USA members set great store by very low miles on a Jaguar but those driven regularly have less issues! My preference is always for a regular and comprehensive documented service history with proof of no accident damage.

If you don't have experience of the marque then a warranty is useful and comforting backup if anything should go wrong. It doesn't tend to be the major items that cause members the most annoyance and cost to fix. It's the little things like damaged or missing trim and non operational switch functions.

You'll get a good impression of how it looks and drives on test but spend some time with the Owners Handbook to make sure everything works.

I can't give any advice on cost as values are widely different on this side of the Atlantic but will say - if in doubt, walk away. There's always another Jaguar.

Graham

Old 11-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Thank you for your input. They are both cpo until around 3/2017. They both have similar options and colors that I like. The 47k one has a report of "hitting a fixed object" on Carfax. But then it has been repaired and certified by Jaguar, does it make any difference. They are both upto date on their services. I think the 30k one has one more service appointment left under warranty. But the 47k one has new tires and brakes.

The way I look at it is both are similar except one has more miles with new tires and lesser price. I am thinking that instead of paying higher price upfront, save those couple of thousand $ for the higher mikeage for when needed. It is covered until 100k anyways if something goes wrong. They both are apparently priced right according to KBB & Edmunds TMV.

Of note, I will be moving in a few months to an area where the closest jag dealership will be about 90 min away. But I should still be able to get regular maintains ve done locally.

Also, in your experiences, is there any difference in the new car warranty and cpo? The dealer here said that there is no difference in coverage.

Thank you again.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:46 PM

And I thought the water pump gets changed with the timer belt at 105,000 miles.

If it has not been changed for these, what does it mean? There has not been a problem with the pump ?