US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

NJ Audio Equipment Install

Old 03-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default NJ Audio Equipment Install

Hi Folks,

Would anyone know of any high quality audio shops or installers in Central New Jersey?

I want to have a sub woofer and amp added to the base stereo in my 2012 XF. Both components would be installed in the trunk of car. Have contacted one or two recommended installers but they are not getting back to me which indicates that they are not the kind of "professionals" who I would want to work on my car. Maybe they feel that the job is not big enough for them. I can buy the equipment through them providing that they have what I want and at a reasonable price or I can buy everything through Crutchfield and just have them install it. I would prefer to not use Best Buy.

I live in Middlesex County, NJ which is near exit 8 (8A) on the NJ Turnpike. I would prefer someone as nearby as possible but quality and professionalism is what matters most.

Kindly let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks.

Ed

Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Ed,
If you're willing to come to Long Island for a day, I can take care of your needs in the 2012 XF. Check my posts for an idea of what I have done on my 2010. I'm a MECP certified installer and have a small shop with all the parts you need to fit any budget.
Message me directly for more information or to schedule a date/time.
Thank you.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Sub Woofer Install

Hi Eric,

I wish that we had gotten together sooner but I already had the work done out here in New Jersey.

After speaking with so many installers, Crutchfield and JL Audio corporate out in Florida, I was so confused about the equipment to use since each person had their own opinion about why the system they selected would be the best. However, it was pretty unaminous to go with JL Audio equipment with only one shop recommending Rockford Fosgate (this guy is not a JL dealer but is trying to become authorized.) One guy said two 8 inch subs, another said one 12 inch, another said two 10 inch subs, many said one 10 inch is perfect, etc... The recommendations were all over the place

I took all of the opinions and used a shop out here which I have used in the past. They do all of the dealer work for the high end dealerships and only do audio systems. No window tinting, detailing, dent repair, etc.. They are a JL Audio authorized shop. They did a really nice job and I am very pleased with the results.

I went with one 10 inch JL Audio (TS3?) speaker which is a shallow mount. They installed this in a VERY small JL box with a JL Audio XD300? amp. They also did a remote knob on the steering column for driver control of the sub. Everything was mounted in the back of the trunk and against the rear seats. It really takes up very little room and the sound is rich with very full bottom even when the sub is turned down. In my opinion it added exactly what the system was lacking.

Parts with supplies labor and tax was just about $900.

Anyone who sits in the car can quickly hear the difference.

Thanks for getting back to me and perhaps we can do something together in the future or with one of my other cars.

Ed

Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Question for you? 2014 Merid. base system

Originally Posted by MobileAVC
Ed,
If you're willing to come to Long Island for a day, I can take care of your needs in the 2012 XF. Check my posts for an idea of what I have done on my 2010. I'm a MECP certified installer and have a small shop with all the parts you need to fit any budget.
Message me directly for more information or to schedule a date/time.
Thank you.
Hi
Love my base system, and can't believe the clarity and punch is good. ? for you, is there a way to upgrade this to the higher wattage dual sub mod?
Thanks...
2014 XJL Portfolio

Old 10-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Best to call to discuss.
917-660-2821