VENDOR 'For Sale' Classifieds Vendor In Stock Items only (limited to JaguarForums.com vendors only)

OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
What's funny is that if you look at the pdf of the installation instructions, the S-Type part # XR855898 is specified for model year 2004 and up....

I'll post the pdf if anyone is curious as to the install process.

George
George are you planning on installing this on your S type? Could you take pics while doing the install with instructions if possible? I know Jeff has already finished his install, but since you are going to tackle this job very soon is it possible for a request? I did take a look at the pdf instructions I got from Dan but there's only picture diagrams showing what to do and nothing written on procedures ..

Cheeers

Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
George are you planning on installing this on your S type? Could you take pics while doing the install with instructions if possible? I know Jeff has already finished his install, but since you are going to tackle this job very soon is it possible for a request? I did take a look at the pdf instructions I got from Dan but there's only picture diagrams showing what to do and nothing written on procedures ..

Cheeers
Well I'd be glad to help out... BUT. Here's the Caveat.

I don't intend to use the system as designed. I don't have the factory radio in my car, I installed a Pioneer Avic D3 DVD/Navi Double Din unit. Actually everything audio wise in my car is aftermarket, speakers, amps etc.

I plan to hardwire the monitors to the video output of that unit, and not use the input panel or the wireless headphones etc.

I've been able to determine a few things just by looking at the "picture" instructions, but I need to break open the kit and do some testing of wires etc to figure out exactly how to wire it up. I'm an EE, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Basically I'm just going to use the monitors and some of the harnesses. Disassembly of the car, seat backs etc, should be about the same.

Let me know if you're interested still.

George

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Nalleyjagparts - I see you don't ship over the pond to the UK, but how about us friendly folks to the north here in Canada? If you do, I'll be calling you asap for a set.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member

Well I'd be glad to help out... BUT. Here's the Caveat.

I don't intend to use the system as designed. I don't have the factory radio in my car, I installed a Pioneer Avic D3 DVD/Navi Double Din unit. Actually everything audio wise in my car is aftermarket, speakers, amps etc.

I plan to hardwire the monitors to the video output of that unit, and not use the input panel or the wireless headphones etc.

I've been able to determine a few things just by looking at the "picture" instructions, but I need to break open the kit and do some testing of wires etc to figure out exactly how to wire it up. I'm an EE, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Basically I'm just going to use the monitors and some of the harnesses. Disassembly of the car, seat backs etc, should be about the same.

Let me know if you're interested still.

George
Hey George thanks for replying back, I see your setup has a lot of aftermarket equipment, but darn it won't be too helpful if your not installing to OEM equipment,hehehe...but hey atleast take some pics and instructions on running the wires down into the front seat headrests, I'll see if Jeff could chime in with some instructions of his own on how he tackled the install job on his S type.
Take care buddy!

Cheers!

Old 10-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I emailed him already and will call him when I have a chance to grab a pair. Also have 2007 STR so its going to look SICK people

Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, what a response on these kits! Thanks to everyone who has purchased or shown interest.

Spitfire, unfortunately, we had an issue with shipping to Canada awhile back with customs, so it has put a damper on sales across the border. I'd take the sale if I could, but the last situation left the customer unhappy, left me unhappy, and it wasn't worth going through it again. If you have a friend or family member that lives on this side, I'm sure they could arrange something. One of our other Canadian customers was able to do a UPS "Hold for Pickup" request where the package stayed at a Niagara Falls UPS center until a specified date that he could cross the border and pick it up himself. You may want to try this route.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Nalleyjagparts - I see you don't ship over the pond to the UK, but how about us friendly folks to the north here in Canada? If you do, I'll be calling you asap for a set.

Thanks in advance!
Rob
I'd be happy to remail a set north of the border for you, BUT I have a feeling it's going to be expensive, because of the size and bulk of the package.

Also I don't know if Customs will buy the "it's a gift" or commercial sample route...

George

Old 10-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member

Ok guys, so I'm back home and got a chance to open up my set.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the quality.

Straight up, you will NOT beat this for this price.

Here's some pics from my iphone.

Notice in the last one, that my system was manufactured 10/08/2006 LOL!

George

Attached Thumbnails OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-130.jpg   OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-131.jpg   OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-132.jpg   OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-133.jpg   OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-134.jpg  

Old 10-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

Ok guys, so I'm back home and got a chance to open up my set.

I have to say I'm really impressed with the quality.

Straight up, you will NOT beat this for this price.

Here's some pics from my iphone.

Notice in the last one, that my system was manufactured 10/08/2006 LOL!

George
George thanks for sharing the pics, I'm glad you are happy with the quality, I too was concerned about the quality but you helped eased the anticipation for me I'm soo damm curious how the resolution and clarity is of the lcd screen though? I also wonder how it would turn out if I installed the center console inside my armrest like make a cut the same size so the center console with its trim bezel will fit inside nicely, hmmmmm...just a thought
**One thing I was really hoping this thing would have is a USB port, but lets say you put a movie file on an SD card since it has the memory card slot input, will it play it? or its not compatible that way, kinda curious how that will work out.

Last edited by jag79; 10-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jag79
George thanks for sharing the pics, I'm glad you are happy with the quality, I too was concerned about the quality but you helped eased the anticipation for me I'm soo damm curious how the resolution and clarity is of the lcd screen though? I also wonder how it would turn out if I installed the center console inside my armrest like make a cut the same size so the center console with its trim bezel will fit inside nicely, hmmmmm...just a thought
**One thing I was really hoping this thing would have is a USB port, but lets say you put a movie file on an SD card since it has the memory card slot input, will it play it? or its not compatible that way, kinda curious how that will work out.
Ok one thing at a time.

I think the screens are 320x240 resolution - same as SD tv.

Now, I'm actually thinking the same thing of hiding that control panel in my center console as well, but I'm waiting for Jeff to answer a PM regarding the remote sensors before I do that.

I DOUBT it will play a movie off an SD card, I think it's just meant for photos.

Now there are SO many things you can do with this.
Use one of those HDTV converter boxes, mount an antenna and have live TV in the car...

Get one of the WD or other HDD Media players and play all your movies off a hard drive, the list just goes on and on...

You Will need an external source though.
Feel free to PM me for ideas / discussion.

George

Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

OK I LIED...

Just did some reading of the manual.

IT DOES PLAY VIDEOS RIGHT OFF THE SD CARD.

Oh and the resolutions of the screen are 640x480

Take a look at this pic right off the manual.

George

Attached Thumbnails OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-138.jpg  

Last edited by androulakis; 10-23-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd be happy to remail a set north of the border for you, BUT I have a feeling it's going to be expensive, because of the size and bulk of the package.

Also I don't know if Customs will buy the "it's a gift" or commercial sample route...
George - I've sent you a PM. I'm hoping you can hook me up.

Cheers,
Rob

Old 10-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

OK I LIED...

Just did some reading of the manual.

IT DOES PLAY VIDEOS RIGHT OFF THE SD CARD.

Oh and the resolutions of the screen are 640x480

Take a look at this pic right off the manual.

George
.....Thats hardcore right there, this is definitely up to date with the technology thats out there at the moment.

Thanks again George for the specs..

Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

George
I can help him out pretty easily since this is what we do... Heck, I even move freight into India and Brazil..Anyone who deals in international shipping knows what a PIA that can be..

PM sent..

Old 10-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Crap! I have an XJ. Anybody know what'll have to be done to modify to and XJ? Sounds like a great little unit.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine as we speak. will update also on this when I have received my headrest . OHHH man

Old 10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by anindyam
Crap! I have an XJ. Anybody know what'll have to be done to modify to and XJ? Sounds like a great little unit.
measure the post spacing on the headrests... Other than that you will need to find a place to mount the control unit and an auxillary power outlet that you can tap into.. Should be a real easy retro fit if one of the headrest sizes match.. Also, don't know if the color will match either.. I know that from model to model the shades will differ a bit.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
measure the post spacing on the headrests... Other than that you will need to find a place to mount the control unit and an auxillary power outlet that you can tap into.. Should be a real easy retro fit if one of the headrest sizes match.. Also, don't know if the color will match either.. I know that from model to model the shades will differ a bit.
Measured out 5-3/8" between posts and 6-3/8" outside post to outside of other post. Called Dan at Nalley and he confirmed the same spacing for the headrests in his kit. But it seems the colors may or may not match up. Debating whether to take the plunge anyway.

The other issue would be where to fit the unit? I'm thinking I might be able to work it into the armrest.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by anindyam
Measured out 5-3/8" between posts and 6-3/8" outside post to outside of other post. Called Dan at Nalley and he confirmed the same spacing for the headrests in his kit. But it seems the colors may or may not match up. Debating whether to take the plunge anyway.

The other issue would be where to fit the unit? I'm thinking I might be able to work it into the armrest.
Go into the S-type forum, and look at a thread called Rear Video System Install.
I decided to put my control panel in the armrest because I didn't want the exposed RCA Jacks. I put up a bunch of pics of the install. All it pulls from the car is switched power, the rest is completely stand - alone.

George

Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To JOsworth i just realised i dont have the post count to get PM yet so sorry if you have sent 1 but at the moment i cant get into PM's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!