VENDOR 'For Sale' Classifieds Vendor In Stock Items only (limited to JaguarForums.com vendors only)

OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!

HUGE savings on this system!

This setup is a rear seat connectivity system consisting of two 7" LCD screens integrated into the driver and passenger seat headrests along with two dual-band infrared wireless headphones. This system does not include a player. Instead, it offers complete versatility allowing you to connect any digital device that has an RCA-style Audio/TV output (for example a DVD player, camcorder, gaming console, iPod, or MP3 player). It supports two inputs, allowing two separate devices to be used simultaneously.

I've attached a small JPG showing what the system looks like. It's basically a control panel that installs on the rear of the center console. The installation is probably medium in terms of of difficulty - there is little to now drilling or cutting involved, and it is a factory, OEM Jaguar part. So it LOOKS like a factory, OEM Jaguar part!

Here's the catch - it only applies to 2007-2008 S-Type cars, and 2004-2007 X-Types. I know this eliminates a huge portion of the S-Type owner base, but the piping on the new headrests match up with the 2007-2008 piping on the seats. It also adapts properly to the power headrest functionality of the 2007-2008 model years.

Oh yeah.. the price? It originally retailed for $1200. So how's $127.50 shipped for Jag Forum members? That's not a joke!

Available trim and color combos:

S-Type (2007-2008):
XR855898NED - IVORY
XR855898LEG - CHARCOAL
XR855898SEL - CHAMPAGNE

X-Type (2004-2007):
C2S44629LEG - CHARCOAL
C2S44629SEL - CHAMPAGNE
C2S44629NED - IVORY
C2S44629LJE - STONE

Give us an email or a call to place your order today!

Attached Thumbnails OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!-rsc.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by nalleyjagparts:
aznewsh (02-02-2011), DreamWalker (02-12-2012), nycxtype (01-01-2012)
Old 10-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow
Do you ship to UK ?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Former Sponsor

No sorry, US only. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Just placed my order...

Thanks again for the help Dan.

George

Last edited by androulakis; 10-14-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I just did as well....

Great guys..

Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered and shipped in less than 24hrs.... what amazing service.

Thanks guys

Old 10-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

Just wanted to say thanks again Dan.

Ordered Thursday morning. Arrived today in NJ. Haven't had a chance to check them out yet but Dan's service was amazing.

George

Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks, guys! This is how I feed my kid, and if I don't strive to be the best, who's going to feed him? Let me know when you need anything else!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts
Thanks, guys! This is how I feed my kid, and if I don't strive to be the best, who's going to feed him? Let me know when you need anything else!
Wish most people felt as you do...

Actually my dealer in Solon, Ohio is the same. They are a good bunch as well. Jaguar should take notice of both of you. If I have the means, I will continue to be a customer just based on that...

You let us know when they decide to discount the phone and bluetooth modules!! I'm dying to add that as well.Shouldn't be long since bluetooth is standard in the range now, right??? (Hope, Hope, Pray, Pray)

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM

Oreded mine in Ivory as well as ACM which was more expensive then the entertainment system. lol Thats life.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts

Nice one Dan, great sale for the forum members and hopefully you get some stock shifted and some $$$ back into the kitty ( no pun intended )
You're getting some seriously great reviews from every member who deals with you....Top man Dan

Old 10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

Got both systems yesterday.... WOW are these nice. Look for my thread this week in the S Type section on the install. Looks like it will take about 2 hours. Now converting the X Type set to fit the Caravan is going to be a challenge. I hoped to get lucky with the headrests just sliding in. Nope, but fully expected. Gutted one already and have the bucket and screen ready to mount. One thing that sucks is the threaded posts that the monitor screws into are not part of the bucket but posts mounted to the metal frame. Looks like I'll be cutting some metal. The real challenge is going to be building a box for the control unit.

Question for Dan@Nalley: On the S Type the kit comes with a trim bezel that replaces the storage pocket in the console. Is that part available separately? The X Type kit doesn't need the bezel since the control module snaps into the rear ashtray housing. Both control units have the same housing, so the bezel from the S Type would make for a cleaner installation.

S Type owners: I matched up the headrests from my 05 to the ones in the kit and it all looks like it will fit fine. The only thing I noticed different was how the posts are notched for the retaining mechanism. It looks like the monitor headrests will not lock in place like the factory units. I did not slide them in obviously since the post has a cable running through it. But all lined up fine when matching the parts. I would say, at this point that these will work just fine in earlier cars.

Last edited by JOsworth; 10-21-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Got both systems yesterday.... WOW are these nice. Look for my thread this week in the S Type section on the install. Looks like it will take about 2 hours. Now converting the X Type set to fit the Caravan is going to be a challenge. I hoped to get lucky with the headrests just sliding in. Nope, but fully expected. Gutted one already and have the bucket and screen ready to mount. One thing that sucks is the threaded posts that the monitor screws into are not part of the bucket but posts mounted to the metal frame. Looks like I'll be cutting some metal. The real challenge is going to be building a box for the control unit.

Question for Dave: On the S Type the kit comes with a trim bezel that replaces the storage pocket in the console. Is that part available separately? The X Type kit doesn't need the bezel since the control module snaps into the rear ashtray housing. Both control units have the same housing, so the bezel from the S Type would make for a cleaner installation.

S Type owners: I matched up the headrests from my 05 to the ones in the kit and it all looks like it will fit fine. The only thing I noticed different was how the posts are notched for the retaining mechanism. It looks like the monitor headrests will not lock in place like the factory units. I did not slide them in obviously since the post has a cable running through it. But all lined up fine when matching the parts. I would say, at this point that these will work just fine in earlier cars.
I Actually have mine at home, but have been traveling for work, Glad to hear the good reviews... and the compatibility issue.

Do you know if you can just wire power / video to the monitors - remember I have the aftermarket pioneer dvd headunit in my car - or if you have to use that control / input panel? I guess when I get home this weekend I'll dig into it.

George

Old 10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Do you know if you can just wire power / video to the monitors - remember I have the aftermarket pioneer dvd headunit in my car - or if you have to use that control / input panel? I guess when I get home this weekend I'll dig into it.

George
The cables for the monitors look proprietary. They have these little round connectors that plug into the harness. The harness for power and the monitors is separate, with a special in-line filter. I'm not sure how the control box breaks out the power; video, and audio to the monitors..I'm sure it's nothing all that special since it is a stand alone system.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=JOsworth;258963

Question for Dan@Nalley: On the S Type the kit comes with a trim bezel that replaces the storage pocket in the console. Is that part available separately? The X Type kit doesn't need the bezel since the control module snaps into the rear ashtray housing. Both control units have the same housing, so the bezel from the S Type would make for a cleaner installation.

[/QUOTE]

Jeff,

If I get my monitors in without using the control panel, (I plan on just hardwiring monitors to my aftermarket dvd head unit), then you can have mine.

George

Old 10-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Jeff,

If I get my monitors in without using the control panel, (I plan on just hardwiring monitors to my aftermarket dvd head unit), then you can have mine.

George
George, you're awsome! (now where is that "fingers crossed" smiley??)

Old 10-22-2010, 02:53 AM

Hi
I'm jealous of you all lol,is it possible for 1 of you to weigh the parcel when it arrives as i'm trying to get a price off fedex or any parcel company for a price to pickup and deliver to UK ? Willing to pay the extra shipping as its such a good deal.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by tommy-tipper
Hi
I'm jealous of you all lol,is it possible for 1 of you to weigh the parcel when it arrives as i'm trying to get a price off fedex or any parcel company for a price to pickup and deliver to UK ? Willing to pay the extra shipping as its such a good deal.
The package weighs 22lbs

I'm willing to help since the business I'm in ships international on a daily basis...Air Cargo, Ocean Container, and Parcel..

I have to ask Dan some questions first... Look for a PM....

Last edited by JOsworth; 10-22-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Just ordered mine today, cant wait to get my hands on these and put them in , only thing thats going to be in my way is tackling the job of getting them installed , Dan from Nalley was terrific in answering my questions on whether this would fit an 03' even though its stated for 07'-08'. Still if you haven't gotten these for your Jags, jump on it!

Last edited by jag79; 10-22-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

What's funny is that if you look at the pdf of the installation instructions, the S-Type part # XR855898 is specified for model year 2004 and up....

I'll post the pdf if anyone is curious as to the install process.

George

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!