X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding cd-changer and maybe voice controle module?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Adding cd-changer and maybe voice controle module?

My X-type does only have the casette player.
There isn't a cd changer in the boot/trunk where it should be.
Probably they put my cd player in another car on the lot
Anyway, what do i need to play cd's again?

-CD changer
-Harness?

I had a look in the boot to see what's there, and i found some loose connectors.
Is this where the cd changer goes, where are the loose connectors for?
Also, if i buy the voice controle module, will it be plug and play or not?

Please see the attached pics.

Thanks again

Attached Thumbnails Adding cd-changer and maybe voice controle module?-8718938454_82a6758813_b.jpg   Adding cd-changer and maybe voice controle module?-8717820811_2ff30ff5ab_b.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Hi there, My X-type is a stock basic model with the cloth/velour seats, no air con and just has a tape player.. the person before me (thankfully) brought a Kenwood 6 CD changer, mounted it under the top of the boot and plumbed it in via an aerial adapter and a small header display fitted where the ashtray and cigarette lighter used to be. It is accessible when the ashtray cover is raised and is on a radio frequency.. my point is that he went to this much cost and trouble because he couldn't just plumb in a CD changer easily.. your pictures do show cables similar to what I had in my previous XJ but I wouldnt want to guarantee that by connecting up you will have CD available to.. *and* I dont know if it still the case but in my XJ it used an Alpine CD changer with a different pinout to the usual which meant a stock Alpine would not work!
Others on here will likely know more than me about this but my advice would be to be cautious and not expect it to just work :-(

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 05-08-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Loads of info for CD multi changers on the UK jag forum, I put one in the back of my estate soon after buying it. The power lead is already there which you have circled in your second picture. The unit is controlled via fibre optic cables which also control your sat nav. You will have to buy a further fibre optic lead and join it into your sat nav circuit. Here's a link to a fibre optic guide which should explain more http://www.mjtemple.webspace.virginm...tic-cables.pdf
and links to more about the CD changer and fitting etc. http://www.mjtemple.webspace.virginmedia.com/D2B.JPG
http://www.mjtemple.webspace.virginm.../BootLeads.pdf
http://www.mjtemple.webspace.virginm...cd_changer.pdf
CD Multichanger
Getting a CD multichanger working
CD Multichanger - Which One?
CD changer retrofit in 2.2d Estate

Old 12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have recently purchased a 2004 estate without a cd changer and would like to install one. I have looked through the posts and cannot see the information I need Can anyone supply a picture of the location and a simple wiring diagram for connection. I am not interested in voice activation for the changer. what would be of interest is some form of connection for usb/ipod/mobile telephone. I have located a changer in the UK (I live i SW France) at a very reasonable price, is it the x type changer the same as fitted to my 1997 XK8?
Hope you guys out there can help.
Best wishes for the Festive Season

Old 12-21-2015, 01:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Download the workshop manual and it'll answer all you ask e.g. compare the circuits for the CD for the cars - I think they'll be different in which case you can't use that cheap one.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 AM

Thanks JagV8. Where can I find the X Type Manual please?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

You'll probably find it at the top of the page in the X type stickies.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:54 PM

Hi,
It seems a very complex process to download the manual, I don't recall the process being so complex for the XK8. Reading through other posts, I am now of a mind to take the bluetooyh route which would give me telephone functionality as well as music. Does my car have bluetooth? How can I determine if it has? I have contacted avrmobiles and they don't see any prblems.
Thanks for all the help.
m

Old 12-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Veteran Member

Unlikely to have BT

Old 12-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the voice module. Will it fit a 2003?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:15 AM

H iJag V8,
How can I determine one way or the other? I put my VIN into a search page suggested in another post and for my current phone it ticked all the boxes! i am getting a bit confused to say the least.
Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

It's so unlikely that you should be somewhat shocked if you do have it.

Many search pages are useless but no-one can say about the one you used as you failed to post it.

OE diag tool can test but likely costs as much as buying a module...

Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 AM

Hi,

This is the link I used Vehicles - Jaguar
As suggested by panamajoe.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

the harness you circled is for accessories,here in the us we use for the satellite radio receiver or rental companies would used it for accessories its constant switched ignition and ground with a female connector in place so you can just add terminals

The one you need is usually tied up and is very small possibly 2cm x 1cm with 2 wires going to it possibly the 2nd pic hard to see
you will also need a d2b harness for the changer
the voice uses a white connector the i do not see,not all vehicles came pre wired for voice connectivity if you have a phone (you do i see it in the 1st pic) the voice module bolts to the 3 studs check around the phone harness and see if you have the voice connector since you have a phone a grey loop connector with be plugged into it looping the microphone wires back since the model is not present

I have a cd changer for sale and i have it listed in the classifieds section if you are interested
My voice unit is for our market here in the USA

Old 12-30-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by matthew.r
I have recently purchased a 2004 estate without a cd changer and would like to install one. I have looked through the posts and cannot see the information I need Can anyone supply a picture of the location and a simple wiring diagram for connection. I am not interested in voice activation for the changer. what would be of interest is some form of connection for usb/ipod/mobile telephone. I have located a changer in the UK (I live i SW France) at a very reasonable price, is it the x type changer the same as fitted to my 1997 XK8?
Hope you guys out there can help.
Best wishes for the Festive Season
you need a D2B changer its not the same as an older xk the oldest jaguar that you can use a unit from is a X type

Old 12-31-2015, 04:31 AM

Hi,
Thanks Tech4Jag. I have located one from an X Type in Dorking in Surrey and will get it sent out next week. There is a switch on the steering wheel with a telephone symbol and when pressed mutes the radio which to my mind suggests that there is some radio/telephone interface connection already fitted. I am still at a loss as to how I can definitely ascertain whether the car has BT capability.
Regards

Old 01-03-2016, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by matthew.r
Hi,
Thanks Tech4Jag. I have located one from an X Type in Dorking in Surrey and will get it sent out next week. There is a switch on the steering wheel with a telephone symbol and when pressed mutes the radio which to my mind suggests that there is some radio/telephone interface connection already fitted. I am still at a loss as to how I can definitely ascertain whether the car has BT capability.
Regards

IIRC all the vehicles are peeped of phone,bluetooth connectivity came after the vehicles production,originally they came set up with a motorola v60 in the center glovebox that later a bluetooth adapter took place of the actual phone
If you see the 1st post you see the motorola module,that is the phone module..Check for the connections in the Boot when you are installing the Changer

Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 AM

Hi,
Sorry, don't understand the last post.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:32 PM

Hi guys,
I am expecting my cd changer next week. can anyone provide a picture of the location in an estate please. Still confused regarding bluetooth capapbility, any suggestions?
regards

Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

You will find that you are going to have to bypass the entire stock system. Meaning you will have to run wires from your new unit to the speakers, amps, etc. that is the thing I totally hate about Jags! They simply do not allow for simple replacement of the stock units. To much proprietary crap gets in the way. I wanted to upgrade the system on my X Type, but after researching it, I gave up and just lived with it. Hope you find a way to make it work for you. Post some pics of your new tunes when it's done.

Quick Reply: Adding cd-changer and maybe voice controle module?