Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you send me firmware

Glenmitchell23@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
CODE DESCRIPTION
50 Communication failure between control module and display unit at startup.
51 Communication failure between control module and display unit during operation.
52 Communication failure between control module and display unit during operation.
61 Control module ROM failure. Checksum error during start up.
62 Control module RAM failure. Read/write error during start up.
71 Backlight lamp failure during operation.
74 Backlight lamp overcurrent.
75 Video power supply failure.
76 Display unit over temperature.
79 Teletext failure (when fitted)
91 Soft switch malfunction.
92 Soft switch malfunction.
C1 Communication failure between synchronised signals

I would start by inserting the software DVD into the reader. Not the map DVD. But the actual software disc. Where are you located? Is your vehicle still under any warranty? PM me the last six of your VIN.
I am experiencing identical symtoms, leading me to believe i need this software disc as well, If you can please email me at iamritchie@gmail.com. any help would be much appreciate and i can provide you with all information necessary. Im pretty sure its the S/W disc that is needed, I can not find it publicly anywhere.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 PM

Can you help me i tried to download the cd but my computer didnt accept me do have the cd or something you could help me with

Old 05-22-2014, 01:20 AM
Default black screen

I need help to restore my s/w system can some one email me: eliseojulian18@gmail.com

Old 05-22-2014, 05:33 PM

Can someobe help me.with the black screen please

Old 05-23-2014, 04:14 AM
BPS

Originally Posted by eliseoj
Can someobe help me.with the black screen please
Where are you located? Please contact me by email: info@bluepalmservice.com

Old 05-23-2014, 04:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default blank screen

eliseoj
I have sent you the LOANDIG.KWI file , if this does'nt work i think you have to change the dvd module.

The following users liked this post:
jedster (06-21-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 04:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Cat
My sat nav problems now sorted.

To all people posting here, let me reiterate the earlier advice. THERE IS NO SEPARATE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE UPDATE. The software or firmware is contained with the Jaguar map dvd. This firmware gives the screen its instructions. If you have blank screen follow these instructions:

1) Try and ensure you have a verified original dvd disc. Although mine was bought back to life by a non original. The year is not relevant at this time.

2) Ignition on. Load disc. Off ignition. Start car. If the screen is still blank after 10 minutes and ext 50/51 is displayed, there is an interupt between the screen and boot dvd player. This is more than likely a faulty dvd player. The disc player is unable to read and thus cannot load the relevant software/firmware, to enable the screen, air con, etc to function.

My system was bought back by replacing the boot mounted dvd player. As soon as I replaced this the system was back up within 10 minutes.

If your system is working ie screen, air con etc, but your nav system does not (commonly displayed 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' ) then whatever you do, DO NOT go into sub menus and try and complete a system update. The notice 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' is more than likely a faulty dvd player, ie it cannot read the disc. The firmware to run screen etc is already embedded so screen continue to function, but by attempting an update under these conditions wipes the firmware, ready for the new firmware on the dvd disc, however it cannot read the disc, thus blank screen.

It is a robust sysyem just follow these instruction and save yourself an awful lot of trouble. Having no air con in 30 degrees is not fun !

Mods can you close this thread, as I and others are being mislead (although with good intentions) and waiting for this mythical software which doesn't exist. Its all contained on jaguar Map DVD.
THANK YOU!!! I have been reading for days looking for my symptoms and you finally hit the nail on the head...my touch screen is working fine for everything but navigation and more often than not I get the "disc installed is not a map dvd"...I was about an hour away from doing exactly what you said not to do, just was waiting on the sun to come up...your post probably saved me alot of headaches...I think I'll just replace the dvd reader and call it a day, I'm pretty sure that is my problem..thanks again...

Old 06-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please Help Me Reboot Navigation

Hi Community, I made a boo boo.

May I please receive the file to burn to a DVD and place in the reader so my system can reboot and be happy? Please email jed(at)reitler.com

Error codes 50 & 51 and blank screen.
Navigation DVD is in the reader.
DVD reader is working.
2005 Jaguar XJ8L

I pushed a wrong button in the 'hidden' menu and am stuck. Please email a reboot file for DVD to jed(at)reitler.com.

Great forum, great peeps!

Old 06-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm currently on my office computer so I don't have access. But if you browse through some Torrent sites, (I'm still new here so I won't post the sites for fear of having my hand smacked). You can find a Nav file. I don't suggest trying to use the Pirated software as your Navigation software, however the "Loading.kwi" file is contained in that package and you can cut it out from there and burn it to solve your issue.

Hope that helps

jedster (06-21-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

The file is on this site. Download and use it...

jedster (06-21-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Cool Hopefully Have the Right KWI File to Reboot

Thank you Rich and JagV8.

Hopefully I have the right "kiwi" file and have asked a friend to loosely burn a double DVD for my sick Jag.

Thanks for your pointers despite my technical ignorance!

Old 06-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Were you successful with burning the disc?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi. The exact same thing happened to my car today. The Jaguar dealership wants to charge me $586 for 3 hour diagnosis only for the same problem solidx has. CAn you please help me? Where do I get the SW disk you are referring to? Are you able to email it to me or send it to me and i'll send mail it back asap? Please let me know. Thank you.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Unhappy Still Blank

Still trying to find someone who can burn the file on a DVD. Sigh.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:29 PM

could you send me that file I did the same thing

Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dear Jedster and Flyguychrisw and others who have experienced similar problem:
Below is what fixed my car with a blank navigation screen after I disconnected battery. Hope this helps anyone who needs help instead of getting ripped off by a Jaguar dealership in the $5000-$10,000+ range! My resolution was FREE and only took less than 10 minutes total:
For the benefit of anyone that might encounter the same problem. My battery is brand new factory OEM. So it wasn't the battery. Problem was solved this way:
1) Turn on ignition and load Nav DVD Map. In my case it was the newer version 2011-2012 which I bought from Navteq. (Perhaps if you only have the old Map version, you can reinsert that as well instead)
2) Right after DVD Map load, turn off ignition and remove key for at least 30 seconds.
3) Re-insert ignition key and turn on engine.
4) Wait 5-10 minutes
5) Voila! Everything cured! the Nav screen went back online and everything was back to normal.
6) Saved me potential $5,000-$10,000+ the Jaguar dealership was trying to rip me off of with a simple procedure I am sure they knew but didn't want to share.
7) the new updated 2011-12 DVD map has better color, graphics and slightly better functionality than the older 8-10 year old DVD map I had in the car. Nothing really changed: the British female's accent is the same and the green Jaguar Logo is the same. Just a lot better as it brought my Nav in line with the better color/graphics that current generation of NAV GPS that most cars now have.
I highly recommend 2011-12 Map DVD from Navteq or Jaguar dealership
7) Someone posted this process in one of the forums so that person was a great blessing for having posted it because it helped me. I hope someone benefits from my post as well.
8) fyi: a separate upload.kwi file is not really needed because this is within/inside/imbeddded in this new DVD Map. You just load the new DVD Map and the Nav system should read it automatically so you don't need to source it from somewhere else. Or if you want to verify, you can do Explorer and read the contents of the Map DVD and you'll see that its in there.
9) I'm so happy after I cured this problem and I want others to be happy as well in case they encounter same issue.
10) My car drives like a dream.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:47 PM

well I tried the file I received by email with not much luck so I replaced the reader in the unit still nothing and it kill my new battery.if anyone has a file that works please email me flyguychrisw@yahoo.com thanks for all who tried to help.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
hi can i get the download file for the navigation?

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen