X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by solidx
THAT WORKED!! It loaded the file and screen came up after 3 minutes ~ Thanks FJTech - YOU ARE DA MAN!!! - so i guess I will keep searching for the S/W update file for the system !! Thanks a million to everyone else that helped! - Found new place to be !
please help.i have same problem

Old 02-13-2015, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by solidx
1. BURN INTO A DUAL LAYER DVD-R - LOOSE - JUST DRAG AND DROP INSIDE DVD-R
2. TURN ON IGNITION AND TAKE OUT MAP DVD.
3. INSERT THE SOFTWARE DVD-R INTO READER AND QUICKLY TURN IGNITION OFF THEN BACK ON, SO SOFTWARE LOADS WHEN SYSTEM LOADS.
4. WAIT A FEW MINUTES - 5-10 UNTIL YOU SEE THE JAGUAR SPLASH SCREEN COME UP.

If this doesnt work for you then you might need help with the DVD-reader Or you might have burned the file incorrectly.
plese help me whis sofware;

Old 02-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like greytop, I think this issue is getting more bizarre.

Please listen. THE SOFTWARE TO WORK THE SYSTEM loading.kwi IS ON THE JAGUAR MAP DVD.

The file is present on the dvd, load it into a pc and press explore, the file is on the dvd!!
You are all asking for a file you already have!

Save yourselfs the angst. Go back to pages 9-10. Please read my posts or those of greytop. Most of these problems are caused by a faulty disc, dvd player or a comms problem between the head unit and boot mounted dvd player. On mine it was using hidden menu to do an update. Unfortunately this wipes the system of its operating instruction and attempts to load them from dvd. Unfortunately the dvd player was faulty, hence the system would not work. Replacing the dvd player made my system work instantly. I too went the route of, requesting the file, buying dual layer dvds, trying to burn the file, trying to find file on rapidshare etc etc. All a waste of time.

If you have 50/51 showing. This means the software has not been loaded/ lost/wiped. This software (on ANY jaguar maps dvd) If you load the disc and follow instructions to bring it back and it does not work, it is either:
a) Bad disc. Too scored or scratched.
b) Dvd player faulty (ie it cannot read disc to load software)
c) fuse or wire problem (rare)

System is very robust. Just please look between pages 9-10 of this long long becoming pointless thread!

Last edited by Big_Cat; 02-14-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 AM

HERE IS MY EARLIER POST:

My sat nav problems now sorted.

To all people posting here, let me reiterate the earlier advice. THERE IS NO SEPARATE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE UPDATE. The software or firmware is contained with the Jaguar map dvd. This firmware gives the screen its instructions. If you have blank screen follow these instructions:

1) Try and ensure you have a verified original dvd disc. Although mine was bought back to life by a non original. The year is not relevant at this time.

2) Ignition on. Load disc. Off ignition. Start car. If the screen is still blank after 10 minutes and ext 50/51 is displayed, there is an interupt between the screen and boot dvd player. This is more than likely a faulty dvd player. The disc player is unable to read and thus cannot load the relevant software/firmware, to enable the screen, air con, etc to function.

My system was bought back by replacing the boot mounted dvd player. As soon as I replaced this the system was back up within 10 minutes.

If your system is working ie screen, air con etc, but your nav system does not (commonly displayed 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' ) then whatever you do, DO NOT go into sub menus and try and complete a system update. The notice 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' is more than likely a faulty dvd player, ie it cannot read the disc. The firmware to run screen etc is already embedded so screen continue to function, but by attempting an update under these conditions wipes the firmware, ready for the new firmware on the dvd disc, however it cannot read the disc, thus blank screen.

It is a robust sysyem just follow these instruction and save yourself an awful lot of trouble. Having no air con in 30 degrees is not fun !

Mods can you close this thread, as I and others are being mislead (although with good intentions) and waiting for this mythical software which doesn't exist. Its all contained on jaguar Map DVD.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 PM

I looked on Map CD, and the Loading file was not on it.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by David Perks
I looked on Map CD, and the Loading file was not on it.
If the loading file is not on map dvd , then how does it recover the system I truly give up!

Old 02-26-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
i have the same problem please may a ihace the file with the steps to update !! thank you very much after a year and a half i find the solution !!! thank you

Old 02-26-2015, 05:47 PM

please can you help me i have a jaguar type 2005 v8 vdl with same problem (Blank Navigation screen) can you send me the steps and the file to do the update
thank you

Old 02-27-2015, 04:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the file Send me your email

The following 2 users liked this post by TiagoFreitas:
David Perks (02-27-2015), jaguar2005 (03-04-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 04:39 PM
The following users liked this post:
jaguar2005 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 06:13 PM

please if u get the file sent it to me as well jjrlc1988@gmail.com

Old 03-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Default I hit the wrong button and now my screen is blank I need the software dvd can u help

Help

Old 03-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Received 183 Likes on 149 Posts

Loading,kwi download link

Click the link above and the file should download. ( works well in chrome. This is the file please feel free to virus scan in your download folder)

Burn to a CD or DVD and finalize the disc.
Put the disk in the NAV DVD reader

remove your keys from ignition
now start the car.
screen should come back to life within 15 mins.
reinsert your NAV disc
if not you may have a bad dvd player.
this works if you hit the update button in the hidden menu.

This is the Loading KWI from my 2011-2012 disc

Last edited by Paulc732; 03-15-2015 at 07:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jedster (08-12-2015)
Old 03-31-2015, 10:47 AM

Same thing happened to my 2003 Jaguar STR. If I send you the VIN can you PM the files?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 AM

After further reading the previous threads I will burn the files from the Map DVD. Thank you for the info. Let me know if you need anything.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:27 PM

2004 XJ8 satnav problem (no satelite connection)

My satnav recently stopped working, displayed on the top left side of the screen was a symbol representing no satelite connection, therefore if you entered an address or post code using the nav screen, once you started your journey the map image couldn't determine my position. I use enginuity diagnostic system the code pointed to the satnav antenna, after fitting a new antenna I retrived the same fault, so the problem was else where. Well my friend had the same model car as me so we desidered to exchange our satnav dvd unit in the boot his worked in my car and mine failed job sorted second hand nav unit required and all is well.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Default Please help

Hi, I got the black screen after pushing the UPADE S/W.
can somebody please me as well the s/w for my X Type 2001 please. My email is smirnov.vladislav@outlook.com

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Received 183 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by vladislavsm
Hi, I got the black screen after pushing the UPADE S/W.
can somebody please me as well the s/w for my X Type 2001 please. My email is smirnov.vladislav@outlook.com

Thank you so much!!!!!!

see post 374 above for link.

or

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...d-link-138788/

Old 04-08-2015, 04:24 PM

i did it, but nothing(((( please tell me more about what may I do to fix it , please. (((

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen