X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay too all unlucky peoples like i was =D...I soloved my problem,with going to service and told them,that i want from them to putt that updating S/W DVD in my navigation reader...They told mee that they can do that but in 90% of those case,the problem is in modul,soo i have to change it(wich i didn't want becouse the modul here in Slovenia cost 2700€),but i was stuboran and i ask them,where is the problem if i am risking my money on my own? Soo they did it,first time when they putted the DVD in to reader,nothing happend...The second time the update screen come up and started to update the navigation sistem =D =D =D!!! I paied 136€ (one working hour is 68€,i paid 2x68€ for 2h)and now my Jag is back too normal with the latest S/W =D...Too others,i just want to say keep traying with burning those S/W DVD,maybe it will work for u,unfortunantly it didn't worked for me so i went to the dealer and got updating(genuine)DVD directly from them...

GOOD LUCK TOO ALL,hope that i helped anyone with my post =)

Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
Could you send me this software too, I have a similar problem and would like to see if install the firmware fixes mine too.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikefaz1
Hi could some1 send me the s/w for my x type sat nav, mikefaz1@hotmail.com
check your email !

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Instructions:
1. BURN INTO A DUAL LAYER DVD-R - LOOSE - JUST DRAG AND DROP INSIDE DVD-R
2. TURN ON IGNITION AND TAKE OUT MAP DVD.
3. INSERT THE SOFTWARE DVD-R INTO READER AND QUICKLY TURN IGNITION OFF THEN BACK ON, SO SOFTWARE RELOADS WHEN SYSTEM LOADS.
4. WAIT A FEW MINUTES - 5-10 UNTIL YOU SEE THE JAGUAR SPLASH SCREEN COME UP.

If this doesnt work for you then you might need help with the DVD-reader Or you might have burned the file incorrectly.

The following users liked this post:
jedster (06-19-2014)
Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM

Ok I got my DVD -R DL and using explorer dragged and dropped the LOADING.KWI file onto the disc (7,223,296 bytes) and did not label the disc (label in blank) and "closed" the disc. Turned on ignition (but did not start engine) and took out map DVD and put in the newly made DVD in. After turning off the car quickly I turned on the car (engine too) and waited 10min but the jaguar logo did not appear, only 50,51 flashing in the LCD. Removed the DVD and then returned the old Map DVD, turned off the ignition and then restarted the car, but Nav Screen is still not working. Was there anything I missed? Is there anyone in the Toronto area that can debug this... I just want to know it the reader is bad, or the wiring harness, or the console?

Also Solidx (or anyone else), is the byte size of the file correct? Just want to know if it copied correctly.

Please let me know.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 AM

I've got an '02 X-type that already had the sat-nav module and screen replaced by the dealer when the car was new. Well, here we go again, the same problem, error codes and a blank screen. I was wondering if anyone could download the s/w to my email? the.dutchman23@yahoo.com. I really appreciate the help.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM

Just so you all know I replaced my Nav Reader and problem solved... total cost was $400 from Ebay... not a bad deal, dealer wanted $2500!!!! installed... Oh, it took me 15min to install the new Nav Reader

Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 AM

canman: Was the optical lens 'dirty' on the reader when you removed it from the unit? Or was the problem in the circutry? Could you send me the s/w update so I can determine whether or not I need to try to put in a reader to solve this problem? Thanks for the help.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Default nav s/w

Hi could some1 send me the s/w for my s type sat nav, aderito.nogueira@orange.fr

Old 05-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Send me a private message with your e-mails and I'll send the firmware update (though it never worked on mine). The old Navreader seems to work/functional, takes in the disk, tries to read the disk, but if the lens was dirty wouldn't it say no disk? Shouldn't be a blank screen with error codes. Maybe I should try cleaning the lens, that would easy now that I can tear down the old module. I'll let you know if it works and if so I'll be selling my old reader on e-bay. Cheers.

The following users liked this post:
DanJagXtype (11-27-2021)
Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 AM

Hey
I do not know your email, I can't send a private message
My mail: aderito.nogueira@orange.fr
Thank's

Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 AM

I have a 2002 X-type 2,5 with NavSat integrated ( Denso system). The first issue that I was having was that it suddenly disable the POI - I could not enter any address either. So I wanted to do a system restore to get it back to work. I pressed the phone+menu to get into the diagnostic tool so it lets me restore the system. I accidentally hit the S/W button on the screen menu and then it asked me for a S/W CD- I believe this is the system software to flash the memory. I do not have that CD and it would not go back so after I shut the car down and turn it back on the screen is blank out ( totally black) and all the functions in the panel are not working. Is there a way to get it back up?

I read the massage in this thread...and i need the reset the system by a file/files burn in one dvd...somebody send me the file/files.......?
My mail. groppo@yahoo.com or give a indicatiuon where will be possible download...?

THANK, Merci, Gracias, Obrigado...grazie!

Old 07-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Hi, I have the same problem following s/w update button by mistake.

Last edited by Cadillac; 09-21-2010 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Upon the member's request
Old 07-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Angry Please help me!!!

Sorry to post again but I could really do with some help. Any help given is grately appreciated. Still driving round with blank Nav screen and no stereo, no voice, no phone and no climate control. I really don't want to take it to stratstones but running out of options. A link to where to download the software would be great, I have searched the net and found several for a ford mondeo. Is this system the same? Are the X Types systems the same as the S Types?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Default return operative!

For return full operative my system i disconnected the battery, ( before eject the dvd map from the reader) 30 mint, later , I reconnected the battery , insert the dvd disc map (Version 2008 original disc) and in the screen display the message “ system upgrade” and after a 5-6 minute was completed the installation and the screen work!
and in the small display appear the temp, clock ...
It is 5 day and nothing change...all working perfect.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:02 PM

i am having the same issue as SolidX with my 2003 Jaguar X-Type. FactoryJaguarTech, i was attempting to get a hold of you, but since i am new, this forum will not allow me message any single user. i am trying to fully-activate my account now

Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Default navi

From my experience a BLACK screen means no 5v. power and if you can't retrieve the disk you might have lost 12v.. The ext.50deg. is probably a default even though I have seen defaults as low as 30deg.(not on jags). If you had a BLANK bright screen that would be NO VIDEO input. If you put a regular cd in it will read bad disk because they probably have priority software tracer imbeded, but it should read something.Just like putting a BLUERAY disk in a non blueray player.The word is format.If these run through the body control module (computer) I don't know they do, but if your getting fault codes probably. Good luck I'll keep watching and ask around.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please someone tells me, I tried to run a black screen with my navigation disc 2001 as another successful but I did not. Is there any idea how to run a touch screen. please help

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen