X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't communicate with TCM

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't communicate with TCM

Folks, I have a problem. Having lashed out and bought IDS/SDD and cable I managed to get myself into trouble when trying to reset the Transmission Adaptation. My PC went into standby during the upload and now I can't communicate with the TCM. I've removed the TCM and checked for water leak issues, all ok. I've had the J-Gate out and it looks ok, no broken wires etc.. Car starts OK but will only limp, seems to be stuck in 2nd. The only other obvious symptom is that when the shift lever is slightly out of Park position, with the ignition off, the normal beeping alarm does not sound. However, if I remove the connector from the ignition switch the alarm does sound. I'm guessing that there is an issue between the J-Gate and the TCM that may be preventing a reflash of the TCM. Can anyone explain the path from the 'In Park Switch' to the TCM via the ignition switch. BTW I also have the 'clicking solenoid when using the brake pedal' problem intermittently so a new switch is probably required. The ECM knows the car is in park because it will start.
My IDS/SDD version is 130.03 V109.
I have tried to follow the electrical diagrams but they don't explain the logic or the process between the J-Gate and the TCM.
Any thoughts??

Old 10-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

When uploading anything to modules car and computer should always be connected to a charger and any power saving modes should be turned off or you could risk damaging module and I think this is the case here. Computer went to standby mid-upload and damaged TCM software and that's why it won't connect and car is in limp mode.